Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last bus leaving Galway City

Options
  • 18-12-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I've my WORK Xmas party on tomorrow night in the recently sold for €1 Clayton.
    I live in the Weir, just outside of Kilcolgan, and a cab costs €26 :mad:
    I have tried citylink and Bus Eireann and they're last buses are ridiculously early
    Are there any other suggestions as to how I could get home without paying and extortionate amount. Would stay in but really need to be home the next morning.

Cheers :)

HB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The only other solution I can think of would be to somehow share a cab with someone going in the same direction. I know that's not ideal but I'd say you'll have zero luck finding a bus going at a late hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stay at a mates and take the early morning bus?
    For instance the 8.30 is in Kilcolgan 8.50
    http://www.citylink.ie/timetable-galw2cork.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulh19

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Hi All
    I live in the Weir, just outside of Kilcolgan, and a cab costs €26 :mad:
    HB

That's €26 for a journey of about 15kms. Not too bad really - I can't imagine what a metered cab would be for that journey, but I understand it's a fair bit for one person to pay for one journey.

Which cab company quoted you that?

There is a cabby based in Clarinbridge who has a minibus. Don't have his contact details but they are available in Burkes, Clarinbridge. If there were a few of you from the party going to the Oranmore / Clarinbridge / Kilcolgan areas then you could perhaps arrange something together and save a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Wish that were so but I'm the only one living in that direction :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Yep, thats crap!, I would like to take a spin out in a bus to have a few pints in Clairnbridge and then back again for a club or late bar in Galway! with out spending a arm and leg in Taxi's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Last Bus Éireann coach out that side is 8 pm.

Try CityLink to Shannon at 3:40 am (if you could get to Station Road in Oranmore). €4 single (adult) or €3 (student).

A taxi from the Clayton shouldn't be that much. The meter is usually between €10 and €12 by the time I get from Eyre Square to around there.

Advertisement