Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Seriously! Do you think that any of the top 3 teams from any of the big leagues will still be available when we get to pick? We're screwed next season!!!

Do you think any of the top 10 sides for the big leagues will still be available? Not likely :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Seriously! Do you think that any of the top 3 teams from any of the big leagues will still be available when we get to pick? We're screwed next season!!!

What is your fascination with screwing people and lube...seriously :D

And to answer your question, no not a hope lol why do you think Richie is planning on going for Reading, yes people pick READING they are amazing thats why the guy that won the league wants them this time!!!
    Dont bother with the Chelsea's, Liverpools or Arsenals, Reading and West Brom is where its at :D

Anybody want to play some friendlies tonight? Add me and invite me to a game....RichieMUFC

Be warned though, I'll be awfully sh!te because I haven't played a game of FIFA (except be a pro) since 22 of December!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Be warned though, I'll be awfully sh!te

Ha ya right, where did you come in the league again??:D

I must get a few friendlies against you at some point, im away till the weekend though so no fifa for me!

Future Guy, how far down the list are we with selecting new teams or is there someone holding it up not getting back to you yet??

• Advertisement

After tonights performance Derby have to be one of the teams everyones after, i mean they beat Man United so they must be good...bet that one hurt Richie..

And Mr Moon im glad you wont be bringing th elube, im not into your weird twister tactics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Axwell wrote: »
    And Mr Moon im glad you wont be bringing the lube, im not into your weird twister tactics :D

there's something very "Ashley Cole" about the direction this thread is taking:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

After tonights performance Derby have to be one of the teams everyones after, i mean they beat Man United so they must be good...bet that one hurt Richie..

And Mr Moon im glad you wont be bringing th elube, im not into your weird twister tactics :D

LOL, I think your mind is further down the gutter than mine is! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Future Guy, how far down the list are we with selecting new teams or is there someone holding it up not getting back to you yet??

There was, but I have them now, will announce more shortly!

Rank 19-
    Boards Name: Jerichoholic
    Gamertag: Dave7G

Barcelona

Rank 18-
    Boards Name: Rainyface
    Gamertag: Rainyface

Chelsea

Rank 17-
    Boards Name: Deliverance XXV
    Gamertag: Deliverance XXV

Arsenal

Teams already selected-
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Arsenal

Barcelona

Inter Milan
    AC Milan

• Advertisement

It did hurt, but not as much as I'll hurt Scholesy, Anderson and Nani when I get my hands on them! Awful stuff :mad:

It did hurt, but not as much as I'll hurt Scholesy, Anderson and Nani when I get my hands on them! Awful stuff :mad:

So will you be going for Derby this season instead of reading now?? :D

Posted on the new players boards (pasted below)...I I have close to triple the number of players than expected looking to play in this league so I want opinions on how to run this season.

Do we select 5 new Prem and Championship players and add them to our league, and let the remaining qualifiers start a new league (League 1).

OR

Do we let the current qualifying league be the Championship, and we start a brand new Premiership with all existing season 1 players (keeping our team selections).

We will still do a cup competition, but between Season 1 players only.

here is the copied post...
    I'm very happy with the conduct thus far in this league and is exactly what we are looking for on Boards. I have heard nothing that makes me concerned so well done so far.

I think the biggest complaint (but a good complaint to have) about the leagues at the moment is that there are going to be a huge number of players when we amalgamate both leagues-close to 60 which is an incredible number!

With that in mind, I have to make some tough decisions. I'm not going to cut anyone out of the league system entirely but I may need to run a third league, below the Championship and this will consist of many of the play players currently in this league. Another idea would be to let this league run for 6 weeks and begin a separate league with the old players, with the amalgamation happening after this league.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Personally speaking i think 3 leagues is the way to go.

Firstly it means we wouldnt have as many games to try fit in so the league wouldnt be going on for ages making people more likely to get their games in

Secondly it would mean those further down the leagues wouldnt be stuck there for ages and in only a few weeks have the chance to get promoted (or relegated)

There is also more to play for if you know relegation or promotion is an option and those in div 1 would get a good kick out of getting promoted as would those in the championship and as i said this could happen after a few weeks rather than drawing it out longer or trying to cram loads of games in if there was only 2 leagues.

60 players? 3 leagues! Has to be. 30 teams in a league is way too many. This is quickly spiralling out of control I fear. We could make 6 leagues out of this now sure...

Could you imagine playing as the 60th weakest team in the game against Manchester United or Barcelona (even if only in a cup)? We had people moaning about United vs Chelsea being unfair ffs.

If you have 60 people, you are always going to have at least one jackass. I mean, just look at that other cadogs lad. There is no way that 60 players will ALL finish their games. Its going to become so big and run for so long that people will lose interest after they lose a few matches.

Could you imagine playing as the 60th weakest team in the game against Manchester United or Barcelona (even if only in a cup)? We had people moaning about United vs Chelsea being unfair ffs.

Thats my exact fear right there. I'm also thinking of having 3 leagues of 20 teams running independantly of each other. Each league has it's unique teams (therefore each league has one United, one Chelsea etc).

My last resort is to just cut the league to 32 teams and let someone else run another league for the other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, i agree, if the number of players is going around 60, then we would have to have 3 leagues..

30 in a league could be a bit much and it could drag on...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The best players would still beat a United or a Barcelona controlled by the weakest players. I'd imagine the 60th strongest sides would be lower premier league/la liga/serie A teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The best players would still beat a United or a Barcelona controlled by the weakest players. I'd imagine the 60th strongest sides would be lower premier league/la liga/serie A teams?

Definitely!!

The best players will still come out on top despite what team they have.

The weaker players having the better teams will just help us improve at the game.

Maybe you are right, but thats not the point I was making. We had loads of people complaining in Season 1 how the teams were unfair....

If United vs Chelsea is unfair as people have complained then, they are surely going to think that United vs Wigan is unfair, if you see where I'm coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Maybe you are right, but thats not the point I was making. We had loads of people complaining in Season 1 how the teams were unfair....

If United vs Chelsea is unfair as people have complained then, they are surely going to think that United vs Wigan is unfair, if you see where I'm coming from.

Such complaints should be just ignored. Everyone knows the rules and format.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Wow a lot of posts since I last checked the thread!
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    My last resort is to just cut the league to 32 teams and let someone else run another league for the other players.

This might be the way to go. Have two leagues of 16 and then someone else manage 2 other leagues of 16. We could still have a cup competition then with all 64 teams.

You're doing a savage job FutureGuy but to manage 3 leagues of 60+ players is gonna be difficult

I think 3 leagues with individual teams is a better way to go, at least that way people get promoted and there isnt going to be 2 man uniteds at some stage in the same league. If the 3 leagues are seperate then it takes away from the sense of achievment saying you got promoted with a lesser team or whatever. If you have 3 leagues of the teams where each league picks what they want you will just have 3 leagues with the same 20 teams which i think could be a bit boring. Just my 2 cents on the whole thing.

Posted in the other thread too:

Well lads, I do agree with the comments above about not excluding people but there are a couple of things..... we'll have 60 people nearly in this league. In Season 1 we had 28. We had one guy who quit completely (when you quit the league table gets updated so he never existed so that ruined the in-game table). We had one guy who was a complete arse. We had 2 guys who played hardly any games (disappeared off the face of the earth - one without any notice at all - one PM'ed FG after a few weeks saying he wasnt playing anymore). We had at least 3 games I can think of, off the top of my head where people quit, and we had people taking out the last man.

The point I'm trying to make is: all of that happened with just 28 players, and we have more than double that number now. We now have like 40 new players too.

Most of us who tried to play all our games, didn't get every game completed for one reason or another. If even one player doesn't finish his games then the whole things goes to shi!t and ruins it for the rest of us.

We had (loads of) people complaining about how United vs Chelsea was unfair, because United are so good. While this is obviously complain horse manure... could you imagine the complaints if you are the 60th weakest team in the game vs United or Barca?

I'm sure most of the lads will be sound enough but you're always going to have 1 guy, especially in such a huge number of people who makes an arse of the whole thing. Especially if someone has a weak team, they lose a few games, they may not want to finish it, most will, but it takes one guy to fcuk it up the arse.

I think we should maybe have 32 teams, divide into 2 leagues as planned, and pick the teams the way FG has already ranked the players.

Maybe run a separate league for the rest of the new guys so everyone plays in some sort of league and nobody is excluded? Could have the top couple of guys in each league playoff in some sort of champions league?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I think 3 leagues with individual teams is a better way to go, at least that way people get promoted and there isnt going to be 2 man uniteds at some stage in the same league. If the 3 leagues are seperate then it takes away from the sense of achievment saying you got promoted with a lesser team or whatever. If you have 3 leagues of the teams where each league picks what they want you will just have 3 leagues with the same 20 teams which i think could be a bit boring. Just my 2 cents on the whole thing.

Yeah but the top players in the league are going to be form Season 1, with 60 players in that’s approx 40 new players who might all have first choice over our current top dedicated players. That means that some guy stumbles across this thread and says yeah I’m in. Plays one match and get his ass handed to him. Never comes back so a good choice team for example Arsenal or Spurs is then out of the league and our top players choices getting worse all the time. The worse the team selections are for the top players then we could start loosing them.
    For me the main part of this is to be able to play the players in the top of the league, and I reckon that its very important to keep the best players here in this league and by reducing their team selection to players who could start quitting is a bad idea.

Such complaints should be just ignored. Everyone knows the rules and format.

Everyone knew the rules and format last season, but we still had the bitching. You can't just ignore what people say, even if it is tripe...better to nip that problem in the bud before it happens.

There was a rule about not taking out the last man which was ignored in some cases, and rules about quitting, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

bennyc wrote: »
    Yeah but the top players in the league are going to be form Season 1, with 60 players in that’s approx 40 new players who might all have first choice over our current top dedicated players. That means that some guy stumbles across this thread and says yeah I’m in. Plays one match and get his ass handed to him. Never comes back so a good choice team for example Arsenal or Spurs is then out of the league and our top players choices getting worse all the time. The worse the team selections are for the top players then we could start loosing them.
    For me the main part of this is to be able to play the players in the top of the league, and I reckon that its very important to keep the best players here in this league and by reducing their team selection to players who could start quitting is a bad idea.
    PS I am in the Championship but I want to know that chasing a spot in the top league is worth it and the best possible players are there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

We could have 3 leagues of 20 players. Each league gets to pick teams, so you can have 3 Utd's, 3 Barca's etc... With promotion and relegation each season and the following season you pick a new team again based on your position in the league, that way most people will get team that they wont give up on and quit cause they lose 3 games with Reading or Derby!!

bennyc wrote: »
    Yeah but the top players in the league are going to be form Season 1, with 60 players in that’s approx 40 new players who might all have first choice over our current top dedicated players.

They wouldnt have choice ahead of the original players, FG is giving the team choices to those from season 1 first based on their finishing position then the new guys get to pick after all those so what you posted wouldnt happen.
    We could have 3 leagues of 20 players. Each league gets to pick teams, so you can have 3 Utd's, 3 Barca's etc... With promotion and relegation each season and the following season you pick a new team again based on your position in the league, that way most people will get team that they wont give up on and quit cause they lose 3 games with Reading or Derby!!

FG has already started the pocess of picking teams though and i think its better to have indivdual teams throughout, i mean thats how the english leagues pan out anyways 3 divisions where the worse teams get relegated and the good ones get promoted. I mean if im in the championship and im near the bottom and i pick united, then at the end of the season ive won so i get promoted to the premiership, im not bottom of the premiership so i can pick united again. I dont think thats fair and defeats the whole purpose of picking individual teams and having relegations and promotions

• Advertisement

Just to update, there are 22 old and about 28 new which is a total of 50.

2 x 25 leagues with unique teams PER division or 3 x 18 with unique teams seems the way to go. It's just a matter of assigning players to each division. Beginning with 3 leagues leaves us with room to expand if needed (to a max of 60 teams).

Can someone go into the Fifa team selection mode (not the Adidas Live enabled version) and count the number of 5*, 4.5*, and 4 star CLUB teams availble in 1) Europe and 2) Worldwide.

I dont want the top players being stuck with rediculously poor teams.

Advertisement