Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, I migh let the new qualifying season run by another week to give us a bertter picture of who is who, and in the meantime run a preseason league for us old timers :) A bit of fun for the old players where we can pick lesser teams (no 5-stars) and get on the mics for a chat?

I know people are dying to get back into season 2, but I'd rather wait a week, have everything sorted out perfectly so things so smootly from now on.

The new qualifiers are causing alot less problems than our initial batch, but I need to see whether this is true for the long run...remember we had no problems after a few games last time around.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    in the meantime run a preseason league for us old timers :) A bit of fun for the old players where we can pick lesser teams (no 5-stars) and get on the mics for a chat?

Sounds good to me, sounds even better than there will be no United, Barca, Inter, AC Milan (and company!)

Could use a few games this evenin' in it, and without any pressure to do well too! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you stuck them all in the bottom league instead of fitting some of them in the premiership and championship then it wouldnt be as much of an issue if they left. Yes it would be annoying to the people in their own league but at least it wouldnt affect those of us that played through last season (bar the few at the end to make up numbers in the championship but you can give those places to whom you deem worthy from the qualifying league).

Personally I just want to get started, i know there is a lot of organising etc but at the same time i think its being over analysed and its never going to work out 100% no matter how hard you try. Someone will get RROD or something will happen.

3 leagues
    Prem 18 players from last season
    Championship - whoever is left from season 1 plus best of the qualifying league
    Div 1- remaining qualifying players with standings based on the results of that league as of tomorrow.
    All teams individual with the season 1 players getting first choice based on ranking from season 1 and the new players gettting assigned afterwards based on the fact they are late joining.

Thats my opinion just throwing it out there cos i eally dont think its fair we have to wait another week just to accomodate the new people, they should just be slotted in and happy to be let into the league.

Can someone go into the Fifa team selection mode (not the Adidas Live enabled version) and count the number of 5*, 4.5*, and 4 star CLUB teams availble in 1) Europe and 2) Worldwide.

I wrote out a list of sides last night, to see realistically who might be available for my pick. The first 18 teams are really good top sides from the top european leagues.

Once you go above the top 26 sides, you are looking at the likes of Sporting Lisbon (4 star?), Benfica, Boca, Ajax, Everton, Portsmouth

Not what you are looking for, but it might help. There's 26 sides which I think would do very nicely and wouldn't really mind being, but after that, your scrapping the bottom...at 50 you would be on the likes of Bolton, Parma, Racing Santander which would be no fun at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mick84

Hi,

Would it not be better to run 4 leagues with all the 60 players in it?

Example:

4 * 15 teams = League 1
    4 * 15 teams = League 2
    4 * 15 teams = League 3
    4 * 15 teams = League 4

• Random draws
    • 1 Leg matches
    • Top 4 teams process

League has to be completed by a certain date then top 4 teams go through
    Then create a simple knock tournament draw until you have a winner.
    Each team in the knock stage has a certain date to complete their match or face a forfeit.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Personally I just want to get started, i know there is a lot of organising etc but at the same time i think its being over analysed and its never going to work out 100% no matter how hard you try.

+1, there's too much thought going on here I'd say....lets just do whatever to have the best possible league with the fewest amount of problems.

3 leagues
    Prem 18 players from last season
    Championship - whoever is left from season 1 plus best of the qualifying league
    Div 1- remaining qualifying players with standings based on the results of that league as of tomorrow.
    All teams individual with the season 1 players getting first choice based on ranking from season 1 and the new players gettting assigned afterwards based on the fact they are late joining.

+1, its either this or cut them loose in a completely separate league with a different guy responsible for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just to update, there are 22 old and about 28 new which is a total of 50.

2 x 25 leagues with unique teams PER division or 3 x 18 with unique teams seems the way to go. It's just a matter of assigning players to each division. Beginning with 3 leagues leaves us with room to expand if needed (to a max of 60 teams).

Can someone go into the Fifa team selection mode (not the Adidas Live enabled version) and count the number of 5*, 4.5*, and 4 star CLUB teams availble in 1) Europe and 2) Worldwide.

I dont want the top players being stuck with rediculously poor teams.

Given that there has been a huge uptake in interest from new players over the past week and that you are considering extending the league by another week (which I agree with), I think it's fair to assume that there will be even more players expressing an interest in joining. I think if we limit it to 3 leagues of 20 unique teams and maybe put those that come after all places have been taken on a waiting list to replace possible drop outs.
    A definite starting date will need to be decided or else this could drag on and on and we'll be setting up Blue Square Cement and Unibond Southern Division leagues.
    Again, if I can help in any way let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Regarding the 3rd league, I was thinking of drafting 10 players (who have played lots and i know who Im dealing with) from the new league onto our 2 leagues and putting everyone else into a 3rd league where they will have proper time to prove themselves in a separate qualifying league. The premiership and championships would go ahead as planned with 16 teams each and proper fixtures etc. The qualifying league would progress in tandem but without fixture lists...free for all basically. People will sink or swim there.

So that would mean

The Premiership - 16 players - 11 Season 1 players and 5 Season 2 players
    The Championship - 16 players - 11 Season 1 players and 5 Season 2 players
    Qualifying League - Remaining players

This to me seems like the best option. They are plenty in the qualifying league who have already played 10 to 15 games so can likely be relied upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I dont want the top players being stuck with rediculously poor teams.

50 teams is a bit mroe manageable.

This is from the PSP version so I'm not sure if it's exact:

Europe
    5* - 11 teams
    4.5* - 15 teams
    4* - 42 teams

Rest of World
    5* - none
    4.5* - none
    4* 3 teams

This matches what you're saying Richie - 26 teams 4.5* or better - so I think it's accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

moz wrote: »
    we'll be setting up Blue Square Cement and Unibond Southern Division leagues.

that's the dream

• Advertisement

Guys, I migh let the new qualifying season run by another week to give us a bertter picture of who is who, and in the meantime run a preseason league for us old timers :) A bit of fun for the old players where we can pick lesser teams (no 5-stars) and get on the mics for a chat?

I know people are dying to get back into season 2, but I'd rather wait a week, have everything sorted out perfectly so things so smootly from now on.

The new qualifiers are causing alot less problems than our initial batch, but I need to see whether this is true for the long run...remember we had no problems after a few games last time around.:rolleyes:

Yeah thats a good idea, I'll enter the preseason league tonight, that should temporarily ease the fifa league withdrawal symptoms!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Will you be posting the details of the pre season league or pm , we can all get on tonight and have a bit of crack ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, i might try make it on tonight if there is a preseason league!

XBOX is winging its way to germany, but i might take my HD to friends house and play from there...

bennyc wrote: »
    Will you be posting the details of the pre season league or pm , we can all get on tonight and have a bit of crack ,

If FG doesn't have it setup by around 7, then I will do it and post the details sure. It doesn't really matter who sets it up I guess seeing as its just for the laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

if it gets set up can someone send a message on xbox live to me (The Dunne - gamertag) cos i dont know if i will be back on boards until tomorrow!!

Thanks in advance you crazy kids!!!!

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just played some lad who was playing as Eintract Frankfurt. His line up:

Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Nesta, Terry, Puyol, Xavi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Messi, Van Nistelrooy, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Beat him 2-1 with a midtable team.....must send him a message of abuse, I mean, how the hell can you have an all-star 11 and not include the worlds best center back, Nemanja Vidic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I don't know if yee have seen my thread regarding my Fifa disc but basically, I'm out of action since my Xbox gave it a lovely scratch deeming it useless on Tuesday.

I'm either gonna get it replaced/buy a new one/ or rent it and save it to the hard drive tomorrow.

The 1 solitary game I got in against GME i won 3v2.

Is there any way I can stay in the league? If it means going in the lower league I'd understand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Future Guy have you made a final decision on what's going to happen?

There's lots of talk about what we should do and all that, it's getting a bit messy in here with everyone's opinions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just played some lad who was playing as Eintract Frankfurt. His line up:

Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Nesta, Terry, Puyol, Xavi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Messi, Van Nistelrooy, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Beat him 2-1 with a midtable team.....must send him a message of abuse, I mean, how the hell can you have an all-star 11 and not include the worlds best center back, Nemanja Vidic!

Please do share the content of said message with us?

Please do share the content of said message with us?

Limited to 250 characters:

How can you have a team of world superstars without the best center back in the world? Nemanja Vidic is waaaaaaaaay better than John "Caution: Slippery Surface" Terry, Puyol and Nesta put together! Yes, Vidic is pretty good!!

• Advertisement

By the way, who's the next lot of lads to pick teams? I'm gonna be absolutely gutted now if I don't get the team I'm hoping for

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    By the way, who's the next lot of lads to pick teams? I'm gonna be absolutely gutted now if I don't get the team I'm hoping for

*Cough* Reading :D

*Cough* Reading :D

Ah, no!

I'd have to change my sig to be: "If Kevin Doyle doesn't get you, I'm fcuked!"

Hi all, I am extending the new qualifying season by 1 week. The league will end on Friday 16th January 2008. Please try to get at least 20 games played for consideration for next season.

I'll post the next batch of teams tonight. Busy man at the moment :) If you finished in the bottom half of season 1 , keep an eyeout tonight.

Hi FG, sorry if its been posted already but im up to my eyes but have you finalised whats happening in terms of how many teams, leagues, and who gets what team etc at this stage or are we still waiting on the newbies before thats decided.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Future Guy have you made a final decision on what's going to happen?

There's lots of talk about what we should do and all that, it's getting a bit messy in here with everyone's opinions...

I'm up the walls today but have a day off tommow where I'll mull over thnings. There is a preseason league going on right now so that will keep things tied over till then.

Lots of good points everyone, and tks for the stats. I'm acually relieved that there are so many 4* teams.

Regardless, we ARE starting season 2 on January 16th (Next Friday)

Hi FG, sorry if its been posted already but im up to my eyes but have you finalised whats happening in terms of how many teams, leagues, and who gets what team etc at this stage or are we still waiting on the newbies before thats decided.

Short answer. No.

Slightly longer answer. Nearly!

Guys, I know it's dragging on a bit, and I apologise. but I want to organize the best ever league and it takes time. I'm not going to rush a half arsed league out the door as it will crumble after a few weeks otherwise.

I know we can accomodate everyone given a little work.

Hi all, I am extending the new qualifying season by 1 week. The league will end on Friday 16th January 2008. Please try to get at least 20 games played for consideration for next season.

I'll post the next batch of teams tonight. Busy man at the moment :) If you finished in the bottom half of season 1 , keep an eyeout tonight.

Oh man, I can't wait :D:D

I spent ages yesterday playing as random teams who aren't the obviously strong sides top 21 sides (in no order)...

(Man Utd, Inter, Milan, Barca, Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Juve, Bayern, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Manchester "Moneybags" City, Tottenham, Porto, Aston Villa, Werder Bremen, Schalke, Roma)

I've tried playing as every team under the sun and there are only 2 that I'm hoping don't get picked. I hope we get the picks done soon, because theres only so many crossing my fingers and toes I can do, to get the team I want before they will be stuck like this permanently. :)

• Advertisement

The following is a list of players who are due top pick their teams next. Can the players ranked 16-14 PM their 3 team choices.

The teams already chosen are Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Barcelona, Inter and AC.

The line below is the current split between Prem and Champ, but it is not final. Currently there is nothing between myself and Axwell for the final Premiership spot, and if it stay that way, I will gladly play in a playoff for that spot.

Rank 16-
    Boards Name: wandatowell
    Gamertag: towellers

Rank 15-
    Boards Name: Reganovski
    Gamertag: Reganovski

Rank 14-
    Boards Name: Sparky360
    Gamertag: The Dunne

Rank 13-
    Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamertag: BennyCon