Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

FutureGuy wrote: »

The line below is the current split between Prem and Champ, but it is not final. Currently there is nothing between myself and Axwell for the final Premiership spot, and if it stay that way, I will gladly play in a playoff for that spot.

Def would like to see more season 1 players being put in Prem than Championship if possible and not the other way around. Give the spots to the guys who know we can count on as a reward for doing so well in the other league for the weeks that it ran. Just my two cents so you can take them or leave them as always. :) Maybe those guys (from like 10-14) would prefer playing in the Championship and try winning promotion to the Premier league, and thats cool too...

Theres only one guy in the whole list of 22 season 1 players who I didn't enjoy playing, and that was because he quit. Theres one or two lads who I haven't played, but have been with them on the boards club side and they are top players too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

All I can say is I'm hoping my 26 or so games practising with Udinese are about to pay off big time. Was hoping practicing with a poor club would level the playing field once the best players lost their teams

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FG im not too bothered which half i end up in i just enjoy playing th games and the competition but whatever way you want to do it ie a playoff or whatever is grand but if it comes down to it i dont mind being stuck in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Bubs101 wrote: »
    All I can say is I'm hoping my 26 or so games practising with Udinese are about to pay off big time. Was hoping practicing with a poor club would level the playing field once the best players lost their teams

Zapata is a monster of a defender

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Would it be worth while PM'ing people on Xbox Live to hurry up with the team selections, at this rate we will be lucky to have the league started before Feb. Or is it just me who has been watching this thread for the last few days.

• Advertisement

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Def would like to see more season 1 players being put in Prem than Championship if possible and not the other way around. Give the spots to the guys who know we can count on as a reward for doing so well in the other league for the weeks that it ran. Just my two cents so you can take them or leave them as always. :) Maybe those guys (from like 10-14) would prefer playing in the Championship and try winning promotion to the Premier league, and thats cool too...

Theres only one guy in the whole list of 22 season 1 players who I didn't enjoy playing, and that was because he quit. Theres one or two lads who I haven't played, but have been with them on the boards club side and they are top players too.

Speaking from 13th place I wouldnt mind being in the top league but at the same time it will be good fun trying to gain promotion from the championship. I would have no objections either way if you wanted to extend the premiership places.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bennyc wrote: »
    Would it be worth while PM'ing people on Xbox Live to hurry up with the team selections, at this rate we will be lucky to have the league started before Feb. Or is it just me who has been watching this thread for the last few days.

I'm waiting on one of the current 3. I have been pming people when necessary. Once the leagues are finished, it will be easy to get everyones attention.

Rank 16-
    Boards Name: wandatowell
    Gamertag: towellers

VALENCIA

Rank 15-
    Boards Name: Reganovski
    Gamertag: Reganovski

ASTON VILLA

Rank 14-
    Boards Name: Sparky360
    Gamertag: The Dunne

REAL MADRID

Next players to choose...

Rank 13-
    Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamertag: BennyCon

Rank 12-
    Boards Name: mika27
    Gamertag: R0nBurgandy

Rank 11-
    Boards Name: Axwell
    Gamertag: irish Wolverine

Teams Selected

Aston Villa
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Arsenal

Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Valencia

Inter Milan
    AC Milan

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Maybe send them a pm in case they dont check here often

• Advertisement

I sent mika27 an xbox live message there just to give him a heads up seeing as he's on. I know this Irish Wolverine fella will hold the hold show up, lol :P

Rank 13-
    Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamertag: BennyCon

LIVERPOOL

Rank 12-
    Boards Name: mika27
    Gamertag: R0nBurgandy

BAYERN MUNICH

Teams Selected

Aston Villa
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool

Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Valencia

Bayern Munich

Inter Milan
    AC Milan

Ouch, thats unlucky! The two sides the next guy wanted!!

Ouch, thats unlucky! The two sides the next guy wanted!!

Tell me about it :mad:

Axwell wrote: »
    Tell me about it :mad:

I'm gutted for ya, as I think the exact same thing is going to happen me lol

There's always Reading, mate! :o

I'm gutted for ya, as I think the exact same thing is going to happen me lol

There's always Reading, mate! :o

It will when i post who you plan to pick!! You should never have told me :P

It will when i post who you plan to pick!! You should never have told me :P

You see, then I would have to hunt you down like a dog and kill you, and I really do not want to have to do that, even if you are a 'Poo fan and dont like United. :)

You see, then I would have to hunt you down like a dog and kill you, and I really do not want to have to do that, even if you are a 'Poo and dont like United. :)

Funny how the two guys before me picked the 2 teams i wanted AFTER i had said to you who i was gonna pick last night :rolleyes:

I will remember this!!Wait till i get promoted, damn man utd fans

Funny how the two guys before me picked the 2 teams i wanted AFTER i had said to you who i was gonna pick last night :rolleyes:

Lets not start pointing fingers and making stuff up when it all goes wrong (much like Rafa) with the big smiley head on him :P

The only contact I had with the lads was to PM them to say their team choices were due, although, thinking of it now, it would have been such a class evil plan. lol I did warn you that one guy replied saying he took the 'Poo.

I'm sure Mr.Moon as our resident raper, played some part in their choices though, so I'd point the finger at him! :D

Are you trying to say that I was swayed in my decision to pick the same team as I picked for the first league ? ;)

• Advertisement

Rank 11-
    Boards Name: Axwell
    Gamertag: irish Wolverine

MANCHESTER CITY

Teams Selected

Aston Villa
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Manchester City

Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Valencia

Bayern Munich

Inter Milan
    AC Milan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Teams Selected

Aston Villa
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Manchester City

Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Valencia

Bayern Munich

Inter Milan
    AC Milan

Wow:eek:
    The championship is gonna be fun :D:D:D

This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small, this is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all, nothing at all.

Sorry, couldn't help it...another very catchy tune :D

The only shocks for me so far is that City and Real Madrid have been picked so quickly, I knew they would be gone before I picked, but not this early. I would have thought the good Spanish sides (I dont rate Real Madrid) would have had more of an uptake!

There are a few Damn Good teams yet up for grabs now that a few of us have picked I am sure its safe to discuss.
    Seeing that our host is next to pick has anyone any suggestions. Lyon or Roma ?? Athletico or Sevilla ??

I'm just brainstorming/thinking out loud here but the more I think, the more I like...
    What if...

We keep the current 22 players from Season 1 in one league along with 6 players from qualifying. This makes up the Premiership and Championship of 14 teams each. The remaining players in the Qualifying league become Serie A and B of about 13-14 each.

I bring on more people on board to run Serie A and B and both leagues run in tandem with each other. Run an FA Cup sort of league for each "country" and Champions League/Uefa Cup for inter-league fun. It also gives more to play for each season. If we get even more players in future, we add them to the divisions until they reach a maximum of 16 each. Get even more players than that? La Liga! etc

And to spice thing up even further, and to make sure the leagues don't go stale, at the end of every season, we randomly pick 4 league positions (e.g) 2nd, 12th, 16th and 9th. The players in those places in each division switch league for next season, thus giving an injection of fresh blood.

Get even more players than that? La Liga! etc

And then... WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just brainstorming/thinking out loud here but the more I think, the more I like...
    What if...

We keep the current 22 players from Season 1 in one league along with 8 players from qualifying. This makes up the Premiership and Championship of 14teams each. The remaining players in the Qualifying league become Serie A and B of about 14 each.

I bring on more people on board to run Serie A and B and both leagues run in tandem with each other. Run an FA Cup sort of league for each "country" and Champions League/Uefa Cup for inter-league fun. It also gives more to play for each season. If we get even more players in future, we add them to the divisions until they reach a maximum of 16 each. Get even more players than that? La Liga! etc

And to spice thing up even further, and to make sure the leagues don't go stale, at the end of every season, we randomly pick 4 league positions (e.g) 2nd, 12th, 16th and 9th. The players in those places in each division switch league for next season, thus giving an injection of fresh blood.

That sounds great IMO, a lot of administration for you to keep this up to date but clearly you are up to the task.
    Can I add one thing if possible. Last night I was playing Richie and even though i was down 3-1 I reckond it wasnt over but his connection went. Could we have an option to replay something like this rather than me taking three points when clearly this was not the case. I know it might be a mess but just throwing it out there. I know we would have to have a seperate thread for league tables.....

bennyc wrote: »
    That sounds great IMO, a lot of administration for you to keep this up to date but clearly you are up to the task.
    Can I add one thing if possible. Last night I was playing Richie and even though i was down 3-1 I reckond it wasnt over but his connection went. Could we have an option to replay something like this rather than me taking three points when clearly this was not the case. I know it might be a mess but just throwing it out there. I know we would have to have a seperate thread for league tables.....

I know there is no way I'd be able to keep both leagues running, so I'll be delegating some responsibilites to a few others.

Regarding league tables, we will be keeping proper ones here on boards anyways. If people commit to posting results, they will have proper goal difference records too.

Replaying would be a great solution in theory, but it's an option that could easily be abused in so many ways. It does suck that you lose because of your connection, but there is nothing we can really do about it. :(

• Advertisement

To be honest FG, that sounds like a good plan... once I get my team selected I'll be happy with whatever format you choose to be honest. I just hope I get my connection sorted out before this screws me up. I could be heading for the Championship quite rapidly if this costs me 3-4 games out of 13 :( And its surely going to cost me a cup game at some point...

If we are running this inter-competition thing, who would be in it for the first season? Top couple in qualifying and top couple from last season or something along those lines? Or would we hold off on that altogether until Season 3 (hoping we get this far :) )?

Advertisement