Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    And then... WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!

You know it baby :)

It'll work perfectly, I know it will. It also means we can get things started alot faster.

BTW, both leagues have unique teams PER league. So each league has one Manchester United. If this league continues to grow, then it would be unfair to ask the best player to pick Colchester or something lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm just brainstorming/thinking out loud here but the more I think, the more I like...
    What if...

We keep the current 22 players from Season 1 in one league along with 6 players from qualifying. This makes up the Premiership and Championship of 14 teams each. The remaining players in the Qualifying league become Serie A and B of about 13-14 each.

I bring on more people on board to run Serie A and B and both leagues run in tandem with each other. Run an FA Cup sort of league for each "country" and Champions League/Uefa Cup for inter-league fun. It also gives more to play for each season. If we get even more players in future, we add them to the divisions until they reach a maximum of 16 each. Get even more players than that? La Liga! etc

And to spice thing up even further, and to make sure the leagues don't go stale, at the end of every season, we randomly pick 4 league positions (e.g) 2nd, 12th, 16th and 9th. The players in those places in each division switch league for next season, thus giving an injection of fresh blood.

Sounds good, but you might hit a bit of trouble if players are switching leagues at the end of the season and wanting to select teams that others who are already in those leagues also want. We will be chosing new teams every season won't we?

To be honest FG, that sounds like a good plan... once I get my team selected I'll be happy with whatever format you choose to be honest. I just hope I get my connection sorted out before this screws me up. I could be heading for the Championship quite rapidly if this costs me 3-4 games out of 13 :( And its surely going to cost me a cup game at some point...

If we are running this inter-competition thing, who would be in it for the first season? Top couple in qualifying and top couple from last season or something along those lines? Or would we hold off on that altogether until Season 3 (hoping we get this far :) )?

Everyone plays each other twice, so next year you'll have about 30 games. There won't be a Champions Leaue/Uefa cup for season 2, but your season 2 results will determine whether you qualify for those competitions in Series 3!

I'll also be doing a fair play competition. Remember when I say I will be having an ongoing FIFA Score for each player, which is based on your final standings in each competition you play? Well the fairer players will be invited to a select cup competition where extra FIFA points will be awarded.

moz wrote: »
    Sounds good, but you might hit a bit of trouble if players are switching leagues at the end of the season and wanting to select teams that others who are already in those leagues also want. We will be chosing new teams every season won't we?

Yes we will be choosing new teams next year so it wont be a problem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

bennyc wrote: »
    Are you trying to say that I was swayed in my decision to pick the same team as I picked for the first league ? ;)
    I played as the pool aswell it was Bayern Munich i was hoping to get i use them a lot in friendlies and stuff
    This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small, this is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all, nothing at all.

Richie to be fair one of the main reasons i picked them is that im hoping they buy a load of players before the window closes and are amazing, Rooney is itching to leave United to go to City i read today on sky sports

*note all comments in this post may not be factual
    I'm just brainstorming/thinking out loud here but the more I think, the more I like...
    What if...

Good idea but my only worry is taking on to much and trying to run before we can walk, we had a decent season last time, and the makings of one this season. Maybe dont over do it trying to take on as many players as want to play and making loads of leagues just yet, see how season 2 runs then look ahead at what we could do next season.

Looking forward to getting started!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'll also be doing a fair play competition. Remember when I say I will be having an ongoing FIFA Score for each player, which is based on your final standings in each competition you play? Well the fairer players will be invited to a select cup competition where extra FIFA points will be awarded.

Brilliant idea. Not just because I had no cards against me in the first league (although I did get a yellow last night in the pre-season), but we had one guy in particular who got dirty in the last couple of mins (actually, I lot of the guys have commented on it too) of games and this would cut this out, if the reward was a higher pick or something...

Top, top idea! Helps the spirit of the league

Axwell wrote: »
    Good idea but my only worry is taking on to much and trying to run before we can walk, we had a decent season last time, and the makings of one this season. Maybe dont over do it trying to take on as many players as want to play and making loads of leagues just yet, see how season 2 runs then look ahead at what we could do next season.

Looking forward to getting started!!

That is my main concern, and I would not go ahead if I was even the slightest bit nervous. I feel if I have 2 people helping me with some of the paperwork (results, tables etc) then we should be safe.

Just to sum up, season 2 would consist of...

Premier League
    Championship
    Serie A
    Serie B

English Cup
    Italian Cup

That's a good step up from season 1. Then season 3, the Champions League, Uefa Cup and the Fair play cup will be added. Again this is a step up from Season 2, but we should be able to manage that too, especially if I assign another person to take care of those competitions too.

That is my main concern, and I would not go ahead if I was even the slightest bit nervous. I feel if I have 2 people helping me with some of the paperwork (results, tables etc) then we should be safe.

Just to sum up, season 2 would consist of...

Premier League
    Championship
    Serie A
    Serie B

English Cup
    Italian Cup

That's a good step up from season 1. Then season 3, the Champions League, Uefa Cup and the Fair play cup will be added. Again this is a step up from Season 2, but we should be able to manage that too.

+ Anglo Italian Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Are we still on target for Friday?

Ah well, lets get the teams picked first (for season 1 lads), the qualifying league finished up, then get the others to pick sides and then worry about the start date. It would be kinda crazy to get the other lads to pick their teams while the qualifying league is still going...

I won't chance playing any league game until next Monday when someone b!tches their a$$ off at Magnet about how their connection is ruining my Fifa league! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I know there is no way I'd be able to keep both leagues running, so I'll be delegating some responsibilites to a few others.

Regarding league tables, we will be keeping proper ones here on boards anyways. If people commit to posting results, they will have proper goal difference records too.

Replaying would be a great solution in theory, but it's an option that could easily be abused in so many ways. It does suck that you lose because of your connection, but there is nothing we can really do about it. :(

I am saying form a point of view that I was behind in the game and got awarded the points. I would prefer to have an option of letting the other player have a rematch rather than me winning becaue of a bad connection. Thinking about it it would end up in a mess alright if a player was winning but was under pressure and it was only a matter of time before loosing the lead.

Ah well, lets get the teams picked first (for season 1 lads), the qualifying league finished up, then get the others to pick sides and then worry about the start date. It would be kinda crazy to get the other lads to pick their teams while the qualifying league is still going...

I won't chance playing any league game until next Monday when someone b!tches their a$$ off at Magnet about how their connection is ruining my Fifa league! :)

Yeah, me too. Don't think I'll be available to start my league matches til next Tuesday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

bennyc wrote: »
    I am saying form a point of view that I was behind in the game and got awarded the points. I would prefer to have an option of letting the other player have a rematch rather than me winning becaue of a bad connection. Thinking about it it would end up in a mess alright if a player was winning but was under pressure and it was only a matter of time before loosing the lead.

The main poblem with rematches and stuff is it would upset the league table as the points etc on it wouldnt be right and with so many teams and leagues it would just be a mess. People are going to have to do a little work and keep their own results and post them to help FG keep track of things. I would suggest that its a written rule that the winner of the game posts the result on here and that all players have a notepad and pen or whatever and keep track of their own games.

Regarding the start date, I'm alot less stressed now that we have a great preseaon league going along with a well run Boards team.

My plan is to have slightly bigger English leagues this year, so we can start that within the next week. Then the Italian leagues (with a smaller fixture list) can start in about a months time and finish the same time as the English leagues.

Thats the plan anyways!

I would suggest that its a written rule that the winner of the game posts the result on here and that all players have a notepad and pen or whatever and keep track of their own games.

Exactly! Until this morning, I was going to say that the home team reports the result but to make sure we dont miss a thing, I'm going to ask EVERYONE to post all their results. Adds a little redundancy into the system.

All sounds good to me. I'm more agreeable today than most days :D

We fire ahead with the team selections so?

All sounds good to me. I'm more agreeable today than most days :D

I was thinking the same :p

I want to get everything down on paper tonight to make sure I'm not missing anything that may be problematic later. I will be inviting some players from the qualifies to join the Permiership and Championship tonight. The Championship picks get the next choice. The we start with the premiership picks.

I was thinking the same :p

I want to get everything down on paper tonight to make sure I'm not missing anything that may be problematic later. I will be inviting some players from the qualifies to join the Permiership and Championship tonight. The Championship picks get the next choice. The we start with the premiership picks.

Oh no! This means that I actually do get last choice of everyone? Oh Jesus, I'm well fcuked now. The worst team and the most unreliable connection :(

Oh no! This means that I actually do get last choice of everyone? Oh Jesus, I'm well fcuked now. The worst team and the most unreliable connection :(

Not exactly, the Season 1 Premiership teams will pick first, then the Premiership invitees from the qualifying get their picks. So you will get 4th last. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So you will get 4th last. :)

4th last pick is sound! There is just no pleasing some people!:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Ya well im sure someone will have picked ******* ******* by then anyways so you will have to go for someone else.

*waits to see who tries to work out the team hes going to pick :D

Not exactly, the Season 1 Premiership teams will pick first, then the Premiership invitees from the qualifying get their picks. So you will get 4th last. :)

Super lol :P

I thought I'd be right on the limit of getting the team I want but not a chance in hell now...ahhh!

Ya well im sure someone will have picked ******* ****** by then anyways so you will have to go for someone else.

*waits to see who tries to work out the team hes going to pick :D

Boo Axwell!

Boo Axwell!

Maybe thats not his team...maybe it is..:P

lol, very clever disguise there Axwell. Those stars are a real off putter! I think I already mentioned to FG who I want and played him as them so he better not steal them.... I'm in Limerick too you know. :p

I think I'll end up with my second choice side with mostly players I've never heard of before! Experimentation, fail!

Did you? I fail to remember :D

They would be third on my current list. There is no way they will last until your pick anyways!

lol, very clever disguise there Axwell. Those stars are a real off putter! I think I already mentioned to FG who I want and played him as them so he better not steal them.... I'm in Limerick too you know. :p

I think I'll end up with my second choice side with mostly players I've never heard of before! Experimentation, fail!

I can see peoples minds working over time trying to figure it out :D

I ended up picking city but have only played as them once or twice, hopefully they buy at least 5 players before the window shuts and their ratings go up :P

Did you? I fail to remember :D

They would be third on my current list. There is no way they will last until your pick anyways!

Yeah, I thought they would last until 22nd because everyone has been like "Woah, really?" when I told them, but uh, won't last an extra 6 picks or whatever it is.

I think I might rejoin that pre-season qualifying league as Sheffield Wednesday so at least, whatever team I have will be better than them.

Watch me go from top to bottom of that league in 2.5 seconds flat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What if...

We keep the current 22 players from Season 1 in one league along with 6 players from qualifying. This makes up the Premiership and Championship of 14 teams each. The remaining players in the Qualifying league become Serie A and B of about 13-14 each.

I bring on more people on board to run Serie A and B and both leagues run in tandem with each other. Run an FA Cup sort of league for each "country" and Champions League/Uefa Cup for inter-league fun. It also gives more to play for each season. If we get even more players in future, we add them to the divisions until they reach a maximum of 16 each. Get even more players than that? La Liga! etc

And to spice thing up even further, and to make sure the leagues don't go stale, at the end of every season, we randomly pick 4 league positions (e.g) 2nd, 12th, 16th and 9th. The players in those places in each division switch league for next season, thus giving an injection of fresh blood.

42 players is a bit of a stretch though especially considering that the game isn't as new anymore and will have lost alot of it's players to Crimbo games. You should lash a line in your sig encouraging those who want to play in a Fifa 360 league to PM you. Would cut down on campaigning for players

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    42 players is a bit of a stretch though especially considering that the game isn't as new anymore and will have lost alot of it's players to Crimbo games. You should lash a line in your sig encouraging those who want to play in a Fifa 360 league to PM you. Would cut down on campaigning for players

I don't understand your post, maybe I'm missing something or haven't read it properly....First you said 42 is a stretch, then you say encourage people to join...

Think we are working off the basis that all 42 are proper players and wont drop out.

Advertisement