Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bubs101 wrote: »
    42 players is a bit of a stretch though especially considering that the game isn't as new anymore and will have lost alot of it's players to Crimbo games. You should lash a line in your sig encouraging those who want to play in a Fifa 360 league to PM you. Would cut down on campaigning for players

Have you been asleep the last few weeks when all the players joined the qualifying league?:D
    There is loads of interest, bordering on too much possibly. If anything not playing in the last league has made people buy the game to try get it on the action this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

42 players is a bit of a stretch though especially considering that the game isn't as new anymore and will have lost alot of it's players to Crimbo games. You should lash a line in your sig encouraging those who want to play in a Fifa 360 league to PM you. Would cut down on campaigning for players

The thing is Bubs, I wasn't aiming for 42 players at all, I was hoping for about 32. But since so many players have asked to join, we now have over 50 without ANY campaigning for players!

With Fifa getting cheaper, we are going to get even more players as we go forward and the new system allows for new players to be included without hurting any current leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Hi guys. Unfortunately I'm going to have to pull out of the league. 3 red lights again with my "repaired" console.. Got them just before christmas too.

What a kick in the stones :(

Thanks for having me anyway and I hope ye all have a great league.

Yiou'll have the console back in 2 weeks so you can easily catch up with fixtures at the end of the second week. Another guy just got his RROD too so don't fret it.

let me know if you are definately out ok?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I didn't realise so many people had expressed an interest. By putting a line in the sig I meant that it would draw more people to the league in the hopes of reaching 42+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

ok great thanks. i'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I didn't realise so many people had expressed an interest. By putting a line in the sig I meant that it would draw more people to the league in the hopes of reaching 42+

We've loads of people now sure, nearly too many even. If more people want to join they only have a very small window until the qualifying league closes where you are expected to have played 20 games....

I'd say if someone wants to join now, they should come looking for us, and not the other way around. Just my two cents. No point in having a ridiculous number of people.

The bigger the beast, the more difficult it is to manage and all that jazz.

Hi all,
    I took everyones comments on board over the last few days, and Bubs made the point that we could indeed have a few dropouts. So, I spent an hour going over the stats in Qualifying season 2 and there seems to be a few people losing interest towards the bottom of the screen.

I also warned 3 players about the number of cards they were getting...one guy in particular has 8 yellow and 3 red in 7 matches :rolleyes: They are also on notice.

So we may only get about 24 players from QC2.

So with that in mind, I have invited 1 player to join our Championship and another player will be asked to join the Premiership. This will leave us with 12 in both the Premiership and Championship.

After reading the stats of many people, I decided to ask BFAssassin to join the Championship and he has accepted.

This concludes the team selection for the Boards Championship. The team selection will now begin for the Premiership sides.

Wild Card
    Boards Name: BFAssassin
    Gamertag: BFAssassin

Athletico Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    We've loads of people now sure, nearly too many even. If more people want to join they only have a very small window until the qualifying league closes where you are expected to have played 20 games....

I'd say if someone wants to join now, they should come looking for us, and not the other way around. Just my two cents. No point in having a ridiculous number of people.

The bigger the beast, the more difficult it is to manage and all that jazz.

+1 on this , no way should be looking for new players, much better having players comming to the league and having to prove their ability to play games before even being considered for joining the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sounds good, Really looking forward to the Championship!

It is my privilege to announce the contenders for the Boards Championship. I wish everyone the best of luck. The list of fixtures will be posted very soon. As a heads up, everyone will be playing each other twice and we will be having 3 league games each week.

MANCHESTER UNITED
    Boards Name: Batesy
    Gamertag: BATESY2007

INTER MILAN
    Boards Name: CKWPORT
    Gamertag: The Batman IRL

AC MILAN
    Boards Name: Moz
    Gamertag: livelyjojo

BARCELONA
    Boards Name: Jerichoholic
    Gamertag: Dave7G

CHELSEA
    Boards Name: Rainyface
    Gamertag: Rainyface

ARSENAL
    Boards Name: Deliverance XXV
    Gamertag: Deliverance XXV

VALENCIA
    Boards Name: wandatowell
    Gamertag: towellers

ASTON VILLA
    Boards Name: Reganovski
    Gamertag: Reganovski

REAL MADRID
    Boards Name: Sparky360
    Gamertag: The Dunne

LIVERPOOL
    Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamertag: BennyCon

BAYERN MUNICH
    Boards Name: mika27
    Gamertag: R0nBurgandy

MANCHESTER CITY
    Boards Name: Axwell
    Gamertag: irish Wolverine

ATHLETICO MADRID

I am now looking for the following PREMIERSHIP players to post their team selection.

Rank 10-
    Boards Name: Futureguy
    Gamertag: Garak001

Rank 9-
    Boards Name: keen
    Gamertag: Mackeral Man

Rank 8-
    Boards Name: Bubs101
    Gamertag: Bubs180

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I took everyones comments on board over the last few days, and Bubs made the point that we could indeed have a few dropouts. So, I spent an hour going over the stats in Qualifying season 2 and there seems to be a few people losing interest towards the bottom of the screen.

I also warned 3 players about the number of cards they were getting...one guy in particular has 8 yellow and 3 red in 7 matches :rolleyes: They are also on notice.

So we may only get about 24 players from QC2.

So with that in mind, I have invited 1 player to join our Championship and another player will be asked to join the Premiership. This will leave us with 12 in both the Premiership and Championship.

After reading the stats of many people, I decided to ask BFAssassin to join the Championship and he has accepted.

This concludes the team selection for the Boards Championship. The team selection will now begin for the Premiership sides.

Great work. Two 12 team leagues with home and away fixtures is perfect.
    Now, we are all waiting for your pick. I bet it's Reading :P

Rank 10-
    Boards Name: Futureguy
    Gamertag: Garak001

Olympic Lyonnais

Woo, I think I will def get my second preference now at least. I was worrying that even they would be gone last night if there were another 14 guys still to pick ahead of me, and my second choice are rubbish! :)

I wonder who Bubs will pick...FG is going to be tough to beat with Benzema up front!

MANCHESTER UNITED
    Boards Name: Batesy
    Gamertag: BATESY2007

INTER MILAN
    Boards Name: CKWPORT
    Gamertag: The Batman IRL

AC MILAN
    Boards Name: Moz
    Gamertag: livelyjojo

BARCELONA
    Boards Name: Jerichoholic
    Gamertag: Dave7G

CHELSEA
    Boards Name: Rainyface
    Gamertag: Rainyface

ARSENAL
    Boards Name: Deliverance XXV
    Gamertag: Deliverance XXV

VALENCIA
    Boards Name: wandatowell
    Gamertag: towellers

ASTON VILLA
    Boards Name: Reganovski
    Gamertag: Reganovski

REAL MADRID
    Boards Name: Sparky360
    Gamertag: The Dunne

LIVERPOOL
    Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamertag: BennyCon

BAYERN MUNICH
    Boards Name: mika27
    Gamertag: R0nBurgandy

MANCHESTER CITY
    Boards Name: Axwell
    Gamertag: irish Wolverine

ATHLETICO MADRID

Is it 3 that go up from here? Just to add to the fun of it all maybe do some predictions? Just an idea. Used to do it in this wrestling thing I was involved with a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Is it 3 that go up from here? Just to add to the fun of it all maybe do some predictions? Just an idea. Used to do it in this wrestling thing I was involved with a few years ago.

Ya, go on! Some predictions would be great!!!

FG is going to be tough to beat with Benzema up front!

You're incorrectly presuming I have the skill to win games in the first place :P

I spent last night playing 3 different teams online. The first were Athletico Madrid. Solid team, but they didn't feel quite right. The second were a big side, but they played like 11 bricks on the field. The final one was Lyon. Benzema is such an incredible player, and he is very easy to control. The main reason I chose them is that they have a very nippy back four which fits my defensive style very well.

I absolutely cannot wait to get started on this. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

You're incorrectly presuming I have the skill to win games in the first place :P

I spent last night playing 3 different teams online. The first were Athletico Madrid. Solid team, but they didn't feel quite right. The second were a big side, but they played like 11 bricks on the field. The final one was Lyon. Benzema is such an incredible player, and he is very easy to control. The main reason I chose them is that they have a very nippy back four which fits my defensive style very well.

I absolutely cannot wait to get started on this. :D

Dude you annihilated me 6-1 (I promise I didn't let you win :p)

I might actually get a decent team now with the league situation, bring it on :)

• Advertisement

CKWPORT wrote: »

I predict Irish Wolverine to get lubed :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

CKWPORT wrote: »

I predict a riot... and Beckham to be a revelation at Milan :rolleyes:

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Dude you annihilated me 6-1 (I promise I didn't let you win :p)

I might actually get a decent team now with the league situation, bring it on :)

Lol that was a rediculous game, everything I hit from all angles went into the top corner :rolleyes:

Lol that was a rediculous game, everything I hit from all angles went into the top corner :rolleyes:

It still happened, and now with a top striker like Benzema you'll be pushing for glory this season!!

PS how many are we relegating?

I think 3 automatic and a playoff between 4th and 4th last!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    It still happened, and now with a top striker like Benzema you'll be pushing for glory this season!!

PS how many are we relegating?

I think 3 automatic and a playoff between 4th and 4th last!

Nah, I know my limits as a player and I can be pretty poor at times (lost 6-0 to a Chelsea player in the league too!). I'm good with United as I play with noone else. This league is brilliant because it will force me to become a much better player. I'll be playing with Lyon in all ranked matches too.

Besides everyone else in the Premiership will be able to pick a 4.5-star team too so it's not a massive advantage.

Regarding the relegation/playoffs...have you been reading my notes??? :P

Regarding the relegation/playoffs...have you been reading my notes??? :P

Emm, of course I have!! Maybe it slipped passed me!! :o

Ok so, my prediction would be the top two of the Championship to be bennycon (always give me a tough game) and Irish Wolverine (played him twice and both were great matches - even though I'd say neither of us were concentrating on the match, as we were totally focussed on having a chat - although he has the weakest team). The other guy could be any one of the rest. I can't seperate them at all.

That team who played like 11 bricks? They wouldn't be **EDITTED** would they? They had some speed, but when I played with them and they seemed like they were a team of 11 big green giants. They are a seriously big team. Must be all 6ft+

This league is brilliant because it will force me to become a much better player.

+1 for this. It really does help, because your forced to run, run, run less. I played some lad last night and I picked Real Betis (it was looking like I would end up with someone like this, last night in the league), and the guy was Liverpool. He was really good, probably a better player than me without a doubt and he humped me 3-0 (I had chances, but the strikers are vegetables). Then I decided to play him again with a slightly better team, but still worse than Liverpool, figured out how he played and beat him 3-2 in extra time. It really does help you get better playing as sh!te teams.

Hopefully when I go back to playing ranked games as United, I'll be much harder to beat.

I'll post the name of the team once we have the next lot of teams selected. :)

• Advertisement

I'll post the name of the team once we have the next lot of teams selected. :)

Ok, I'll edit the name to stars not to ruin it for people.

Advertisement