Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    It really does help you get better playing as sh!te teams.

Hopefully when I go back to playing ranked games as United, I'll be much harder to beat.

+1.

I've become so much better at defending since I've been playing as Udinese (if it's my go to pick I'll stick with them) and there's another massive benefit. When you pick a bad team, the other guy is far less likely to pick a good one like United. Chelsea being the team i support always come up first but when I go for Udinese the other guy will normally change as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Bubs101 wrote: »
    When you pick a bad team, the other guy is far less likely to pick a good one like United. Chelsea being the team i support always come up first but when I go for Udinese the other guy will normally change as well

Yep, this is true, although you do get a fair amount of idiots who won't change. Some guy wanted to play Barcelona vs Sheffield Wednesday ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

FutureGuy wrote: »

MANCHESTER UNITED
    Boards Name: Batesy
    Gamertag: BATESY2007

INTER MILAN
    Boards Name: CKWPORT
    Gamertag: The Batman IRL

AC MILAN
    Boards Name: Moz
    Gamertag: livelyjojo

BARCELONA
    Boards Name: Jerichoholic
    Gamertag: Dave7G

CHELSEA
    Boards Name: Rainyface
    Gamertag: Rainyface

ARSENAL
    Boards Name: Deliverance XXV
    Gamertag: Deliverance XXV

VALENCIA
    Boards Name: wandatowell
    Gamertag: towellers

ASTON VILLA
    Boards Name: Reganovski
    Gamertag: Reganovski

REAL MADRID
    Boards Name: Sparky360
    Gamertag: The Dunne

LIVERPOOL
    Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamertag: BennyCon

BAYERN MUNICH
    Boards Name: mika27
    Gamertag: R0nBurgandy

MANCHESTER CITY
    Boards Name: Axwell
    Gamertag: irish Wolverine

ATHLETICO MADRID
    Boards Name: BFAssassin
    Gamertag: BFAssassin

My prediction are as follows:

1st Deliverance XXV
    2nd BFAssassin
    3rd Reganovski

I think I've improved enough to get in the top 3 :D. Is it 3 that go up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've been practicing with a team online that I hope to get and have beaten nearly all the top teams that have come against me, Utd Barca etc... and keeping clean sheets!!

And a lot of people do change their team when you change from the default team (mine being Utd) so it gets some good games, which I think there'll be plenty of in this league with the teams we have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Reganovski wrote: »
    My prediction are as follows:

1st Deliverance XXV
    2nd BFAssassin
    3rd Reganovski

I think I've improved enough to get in the top 3 :D. Is it 3 that go up?

Boooo!!!! :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Boooo!!!! :D.

Ops and CKWPORT is 4th :D

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I've been practicing with a team online that I hope to get and have beaten nearly all the top teams that have come against me, Utd Barca etc... and keeping clean sheets!!

And a lot of people do change their team when you change from the default team (mine being Utd) so it gets some good games, which I think there'll be plenty of in this league with the teams we have!!

Arrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggg, you've been using the same team I have been. I've also beating United, Barca, etc and the guy who had the best possible 11 in the game.

Such a savage side its really surprising. I dismissed them totally until I played as them!

I now retract my earlier Booo!

I think its very hard to predict the top 3 or 4, i played most of ye only once and i haven't played BFAssassin, but sure i'll take a stab at it from what i remember:

1st: Irish Wolverine
    2nd: Deliverance XXV
    3rd: The Dunne

Arrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggg, you've been using the same team I have been. I've also beating United, Barca, etc and the guy who had the best possible 11 in the game.

Such a savage side its really surprising. I dismissed them totally until I played as them!

Great minds!! Yeah I came up against a Utd full of Messi's and Kaka's and Eto's!! And whooped them 3-0 with my hopeful league team!!

100% agree with you! And I think whoever gets them (be it you or me) that they will win the league :)

Great minds!! Yeah I came up against a Utd full of Messi's and Kaka's and Eto's!! And whooped them 3-0 with my hopeful league team!!

100% agree with you! And I think whoever gets them (be it you or me) that they will win the league :)

Well it won't be me seeing as you picked them ahead of me. I played with them all last week and I was well impressed. Gutted when I seen you using them on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Well it won't be me seeing as you picked them ahead of me. I played with them all last week and I was well impressed. Gutted when I seen you using them on Saturday.

Well if you PM me a few other teams to try and I click with one of them I might let you have them!

Not promising anything, sure they'll be gone before I get to pick!! :(

Well if you PM me a few other teams to try and I click with one of them I might let you have them!

Not promising anything, sure they'll be gone before I get to pick!! :(

If you get them, you'll win the league hands down.... it was a choice of two for me, and hopefully I'll get my backup option... I was fearing I wouldn't even get them last night when I thought about 14 people still to pick. I don't think I'll be competitive with them, but I should do ok-ish.

Its not a complete nightmare scenario, but not far off....

If you get them, you'll win the league hands down.... it was a choice of two for me, and hopefully I'll get my backup option... I was fearing I wouldn't even get them last night when I thought about 14 people still to pick. I don't think I'll be competitive with them, but I should do ok-ish.

Its not a complete nightmare scenario, but not far off....

Ah you'll be grand!

Ah you'll be grand!

Ask me again after my team choice ;)

Speaking of team choice, did whoever was between FG (Lyon) and Bubs (Udinese) pick yet?

Ask me again after my team choice ;)

Speaking of team choice, did whoever was between FG (Lyon) and Bubs (Udinese) pick yet?

Waiting on Makrel Man, but I doubt he'll go for Udinese!

We can probably ask the next 3....(get's anxious)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Waiting on Makrel Man, but I doubt he'll go for Udinese!

We can probably ask the next 3....(get's anxious)

Can someone PM him on XBox live...i wont be near the xbox till tonight!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I predict Irish Wolverine to get lubed :D :P

That a threat or a pediction??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Dont worry lads there is no way I will be gitting into the top 3 in the league lol
    Ill be doing well not to get relegated :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ok so, my prediction would be the top two of the Championship to be bennycon (always give me a tough game) and Irish Wolverine (played him twice and both were great matches - even though I'd say neither of us were concentrating on the match, as we were totally focussed on having a chat - although he has the weakest team).

Im glad to see the faith or optimism in how im going to do :D I dont know about City being the weakest but its certainly an up hill battle with all the better teams thrown in with me, like i said earler im hoping City buy all round them before the transfer window closes and have an amazing squad :P

Great minds!! Yeah I came up against a Utd full of Messi's and Kaka's and Eto's!! And whooped them 3-0 with my hopeful league team and a good dose of lube :P!!

Are Galway United really that good lads??:D

• Advertisement

Well I think they aren't going to get much stronger. I mean, if they buy Bellamy, it really doesn't add much to you, but it damages the twat who has to pick West Ham to no end. :o

I'd still expect you'd be in the top 3... or at least not far off, City or no ****ty.

Well i was delighted they bought Wayne Bridge to tighten up the defence so will see what other people they can get, ive never played as the hammers but id say Bellamy would be fast enough??
    Well i'll be hoping for close to top 3 it just might be too much of a struggle to get the wins against the better teams but thats part of the fun!

Axwell wrote: »
    That a threat or a pediction??:eek:

You tell me? :cool:
    Im glad to see the faith or optimism in how im going to do :D I dont know about City being the weakest but its certainly an up hill battle with all the better teams thrown in with me, like i said earler im hoping City buy all round them before the transfer window closes and have an amazing squad :P

Nice thinking there!! You're so getting relegated :p
    I hope I get you in the cup*

*this is not to be misinterpreted as a sexual innuendo
    Are Galway United really that good lads??:D

It's tough at the top Awell!! :(

You tell me? :cool:

You're the one with the jumbo tub of lube, half of which you apparently used on FG last season
    Nice thinking there!! You're so getting relegated :p
    I hope I get you in the cup*
    *this is not to be misinterpreted as a sexual innuendo

*Shudders*
    It's tough at the top Awell!! :(
    I wouldnt know :(

thats part of the fun!

You call if fun, I call it massive rape.

Tom-may-toe, Tom-maa-toe :)

Shushh dont mention that word with Moon around :D
    Great minds!! Yeah I came up against a Utd full of Messi's and Kaka's and Eto's!! And whooped them 3-0 with my hopeful league team and a good dose of lube :P!!

See what i mean??

BFassassin wrote: »
    Dont worry lads there is no way I will be gitting into the top 3 in the league lol
    Ill be doing well not to get relegated :)

There isnt another league below us is there!?!

Theres 2 :D
    Surely you dont think you can just sit at the bottom unnoticed and not get relegated if worse comes to worse :p

You're the one with the jumbo tub of lube, half of which you apparently used on FG last season
    Hey, you gotta buy the industrial stuff or you'll be going to the shop every couple of hours!! :D

I call it tomato!!
    Shushh dont mention that word with Moon around :D

See what i mean??

I don't recall saying that? ..... Wait a minute!!!!! :mad:

No but still, the humiliation of finishing last and not being relegated!!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Hey, you gotta buy the industrial stuff or you'll be going to the shop every couple of hours!! :D

I call it tomato!!

I don't recall saying that? ..... Wait a minute!!!!! :mad:

No but still, the humiliation of finishing last and not being relegated!!!! :p

I looking forward to beating you next season if I'm in the championship this season! :)

PS you could have told me about the league I'm one the who told you get to get fifa!

Advertisement