Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Axwell wrote: »
    Richie with his comment i have the worse team in the league..the smile will be off your face!:D

Even with Kaka, Milan are still rubbish in the game sure! I heard Kaka on Sky Sports News this morning....to my horror he speaks perfect english. Thought that would be another fantastic reason not to go to City (apart from the fact they are sh!te :D).

I must have played about 20+ games last night with Newcastle and the likes. I think I won 4 and lost 16. Got seriously violated. Then I used a half decent side and I was ok. Its ridiculous.

Theres a world of difference between playing as Newcastle and lets say, Villa. Its like Villa are on a different planet...Jonas can't run, Duff can't run, Owen is not fast, the only player who isn't a veg is Martins. With Villa, Carew is good, Young is really good, Agbonlahor is superman. They seem to play the game about 5 times faster.

I played as Espanyol against Real Madrid, his defenders were quicker than my attackers, and his attackers were quicker than my defenders (you know when you get outrun by Ruud Van Nistelrooy, you've got a problem!). Might as well have had Ronald McDonald up front. Running with Tamudo, one of his defenders appears beside me, knocks me over straight away without any warning like you usually get, and he takes the ball. Ronald...McDonald...

Ah right crap, can you get another one and use it instead at least you could keep an eye on it then

Interestingly enough, I think one of the ethernet ports doesn't work at all. I just remembered that now. First time I plugged it in, I couldn't get any life out of one of them. Not a good sign.

Come back digiweb, all is forgiven.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rank 7-
    Boards Name: garball
    Gamertag: garball1

CELTIC

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »

Theres a world of difference between playing as Newcastle and lets say, Villa. Its like Villa are on a different planet...Jonas can't run, Duff can't run, Owen is not fast, the only player who isn't a veg is Martins. With Villa, Carew is good, Young is really good, Agbonlahor is superman. They seem to play the game about 5 times faster.

Ya i find that with a lot of teams, its like they overlooked some or said right we will focus on about 15-20 and make them really good then use a default setting across the board on the others regardless of how good some of their players are just set them all the same.
    Even with Kaka, Milan are still rubbish in the game sure! I heard Kaka on Sky Sports News this morning....to my horror he speaks perfect english. Thought that would be another fantastic reason not to go to City (apart from the fact they are sh!te ).
    Milan may be sh!te but Kaka isnt and you know right well if he went to City I would have an amazing squad of players for this league, probably better than even say Man Utd (who are sh!te i might add). I can smell the fear off ya and your not even in my division, bring on the cup!!!! :D

*please note if Kaka doesnt sign - Man City will remain sh!te as beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Interestingly enough, I think one of the ethernet ports doesn't work at all. I just remembered that now. First time I plugged it in, I couldn't get any life out of one of them. Not a good sign.

Come back digiweb, all is forgiven.

Ditch magnet and go with someone else. If it keeps dropping the connection then that should be reason enough to get out of any contract with them. We have internet with them where I work and it's complete sh*te, always dropping the connection.

• Advertisement

mika27 wrote: »
    Ditch magnet and go with someone else. If it keeps dropping the connection then that should be reason enough to get out of any contract with them. We have internet with them where I work and it's complete sh*te, always dropping the connection.

Just do what the man says Y2J! You know he's right. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Sort it out Richie, Magnet sucks donkey balls and you don't want to loose unnecessary games from all those lost connections!!

And it'll help out on the Club games too!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just do what the man says Y2J! You know he's right. :p

I do know he's right tbh. My only alternative is digiweb which is 6mb :(

And with a download cap of 30gb per month :(:(

UPC don't serve my area (even though I know two seperate houses, about 500ft away from me who have UPC broadband, they swear blind they don't serve the area and tell me the lads aren't with UPC - they are - I've seen the f'n router).

Theres also the hassle of getting out of the contract (as in, if they say it doesn't drop not much I can do?) I dunno. The fact that one of the ethernet ports doesn't work is a worry alright. It never worked, even straight out of the box.

Also, we never really seemed to have a problem before, but then...the way I have it setup, theres no plug in the hall, have to run an extension lead in front of the sink, every time my girlfriend touched the sink, she knocked out the plug (ever so slightly) by accident...must have happened 10 damn times.

When she is talking to them on Monday, it they don't agree to do something to fix it or don't sound like they are going to do anything, its getting canceled there and then and I'm ordering digiweb.

If that doesn't get them to pull the finger out, nothing will.

Rank 7-

CELTIC

Are we really down to the ****e teams already?? :(

Theres also the hassle of getting out of the contract (as in, if they say it doesn't drop not much I can do?) I dunno. The fact that one of the ethernet ports doesn't work is a worry alright. It never worked, even straight out of the box.

Also, we never really seemed to have a problem before, but then...the way I have it setup, theres no plug in the hall, have to run an extension lead in front of the sink, every time my girlfriend touched the sink, she knocked out the plug (ever so slightly) by accident...must have happened 10 damn times.

When she is talking to them on Monday, it they don't agree to do something to fix it or don't sound like they are going to do anything, its getting canceled there and then and I'm ordering digiweb.

If that doesn't get them to pull the finger out, nothing will.

Stick it to the man!! Fight the power!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Get a new modem/router off them for starters and tell them the other one is knackered that might be the problem anyways if a port isnt working as it is. Secondly tell them you work from home some days and you cant afford to be getting disconnected from the office when you could be in the middle of something important. If you just ring and ask to change or whatever they will say no so you have to build up a case, ask for replaced equipment, complain about bad quality of service, downtime etc. If they dont fix it then at least you have said your case and have given them the chance to fix it and have no choice but to change providers.

Get a new modem/router off them for starters and tell them the other one is knackered that might be the problem anyways if a port isnt working as it is. Secondly tell them you work from home some days and you cant afford to be getting disconnected from the office when you could be in the middle of something important. If you just ring and ask to change or whatever they will say no so you have to build up a case, ask for replaced equipment, complain about bad quality of service, downtime etc. If they dont fix it then at least you have said your case and have given them the chance to fix it and have no choice but to change providers.

Yep, thats pretty much what I did in the email. Its fcuking up my xbox live connection, I need my xbox live connection, blah blah any drop in traffic and it disconnects it, oh, and btw I sometimes work from home.

It'll be my gf dealing with them though. Gonna have to make sure she doesn't hang up until

A) Acknowledge the problem & agree to do something to fix it thats not bollocks
    B) A new telsey router is on the way
    C) Its canceled

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'm sure if u explain to them that you need a good quality connection for a very important football tournament they will understand

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Are we really down to the ****e teams already?? :(

There are plenty of 4.5 star teams yet to be chosen so don't worry :)

mika27 wrote: »
    I'm sure if u explain to them that you need a good quality connection for a very important football tournament they will understand

Say you are from FIFA and that you have a bottle of lube ready in case you are not happy with the service.

LUBE! Official sponsors of the Fifa Boards League!

Say you are from FIFA and that you have a bottle of lube ready in case you are not happy with the service.

Only if its the genuine Mr Moon Own Brand Lube - dont buy the other fake types..they dont sponsor the league

Surely you could have cut a better deal than this! What about Budweiser?!

Only if its the genuine Mr Moon Own Brand Lube - dont buy the other fake types..they dont sponsor the league

Were only starting off dude, you're setting the bar too high there! Maybe in a few seasons, we can arrange something :P

Were only starting off dude, you're setting the bar too high there! Maybe in a few seasons, we can arrange something :P

Well apparently you have first hand experience of the stuff from his league games with you, i thought you might have come to some agreement and worked out a discount by now :P

Hmm now back to my team, will i play Kaka in the AM role with Santa Cruz up front with Robinho or will i play him just in CM...:D

I'd rather have the bar too high than my a$re too low!:p

• Advertisement

Hmm now back to my team, will i play Kaka in the AM role with Santa Cruz up front with Robinho or will i play him just in CM...:D

Breaking news, City to sign Aguero! So will I play Ronald McDonald up front, or give the Michelin man his chance?

Breaking news, City to sign Aguero! So will I play Ronald McDonald up front, or give the Michelin man his chance?

Don't take piss, i still know what team your after dont forget - it would be a shame if someone else picked them before you got to :P

Don't take piss, i still know what team your after dont forget - it would be a shame if someone else picked them before you got to :P

You gots nothing on me!!! DJ is already picking them - the bandit!!!

And who said this league doesn't have banter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am now looking for the following players to PM me your TOP 3 teams...

Rank 7-

Rank 6-
    Boards Name: moiph
    Gamertag: BassmanMurph

Rank 5-
    Boards Name: m83
    Gamertag: Knackerdwarf

Teams already selected
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Manchester City
    Aston Villa

AC Milan
    Inter Milan
    Juventus
    Udinese

Athletico Madrid
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Valencia

Lyon

Does nobody rate Roma (5 star i think)
    I would have had them on my wish list above a few teams already taken.

You gots nothing on me!!! DJ is already picking them - the bandit!!!

Nice choice of words :D

FG when you are posting your list of teams already picked can ya stick beside it who picked them - its just a pain reading back to see who picked who along the way. Thanks!:D

I go on my lunch and come back to this!!!!

I demand that all these scurrilous rumours be stricken from the record!!

PS Cool, lube sponsers, now Axwell must be ****ting himself ;)

bennyc wrote: »
    Does nobody rate Roma (5 star i think)
    I would have had them on my wish list above a few teams already taken.

Shhh, don't go around telling people about teams they may not be thinking about already!! Give us some chance of getting a decent team!!

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I go on my lunch and come back to this!!!!

I demand that all these scurrilous rumours be stricken from the record!!

PS Cool, lube sponsers, now Axwell must be ****ting himself ;)

Not at all, im not in your division (thank god), FG may watch out again and Richie aswell after some of his comments.

Advertisement