Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    It would be funnier if I could do the big mad Dublin scumbag accent such as Bernard Dunnes.... can't get the full effect of it otherwise!!

Reminder: you should laugh!

Thanks! Knew I was forgetting to do something :D

Oh that is such a lovely accent BTW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

bennyc wrote: »
    It does indeed but I dont think Liverpool 5 TIMES are going to be Liverpool 6 Times the way I am playing these days, jesus I couldnt buy a goal last night missed at least 5 1v1 with torres.

Oh, I see, I was confused at first....you must mean, Liverpool, 0 times in 18 years? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Since there will only be a day or two in the difference, I will be starting the Championship at 6pm today! The Premier league will start once I get the final teams sent to me. We are just waiting on Skippy65.

Look out for new threads later today!

The general banter will stay on this thread. The other thread will solely be for posting league results, updated tables and nothing more.

Jesus at what point does a topic get its own forum around here. Could we get a subtopic on the Events and Tournaments ????
    How many threads are we going to have once the 4 leagues are running along with the new qualifing rounds, the banther thread , the play for fun league (we all need practice matches too so everyone should join the pre season league), and if everyone who has a query and I am sure there will be a lot then more threads. Are there any of the Games mods in any of the leagues ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Oh, I see, I was confused at first....you must mean, Liverpool, 0 times in 18 years? ;)

Sorry Y2J_MUFC 3Times or would Y2J_MUFC 17Times sound better. :p

Well they have converted the Pro Evo forum into a FIFA/Pro Evo forum and that has hardly any activity, so we could all move there if we wanted.

Don't worry, it will be MUFC 4 times, MUFC 12 times and MUFC 18 times come May :)

• Advertisement

Well they have converted the Pro Evo forum into a FIFA/Pro Evo forum and that has hardly any activity, so we could all move there if we wanted.

Don't worry, it will be MUFC 4 times, MUFC 12 times and MUFC 18 times come May :)

WOOOP most successful team EVER!!!!! :D

Mr Moon wrote: »
    WOOOP most successful team EVER!!!!! :D

Shhh! I dont know what your on about! You've crossed the Manchester-Liverpool divide!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just a suggestion but maybe an off-topic fifa league thread (as ridiculous as it sounds) would be a good idea to clear up the clutter

Shhh! I dont know what your on about! You've crossed the Manchester-Liverpool divide!! :p

It is the banter thread-ish!! Thought I'd spark off them loosers with some home truths :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I can play between 7 and half 8 tonight.

• Advertisement

bennyc wrote: »
    Jesus at what point does a topic get its own forum around here. Could we get a subtopic on the Events and Tournaments ????
    How many threads are we going to have once the 4 leagues are running along with the new qualifing rounds, the banther thread , the play for fun league (we all need practice matches too so everyone should join the pre season league), and if everyone who has a query and I am sure there will be a lot then more threads. Are there any of the Games mods in any of the leagues ??

Maybe it would be a good idea to move them but that thread will always be a PES thread to me.....

unless we swamp it with our threads.....

FIFA 09 Premiership Banter Thread
    FIFA 09 Championship Banter Thread
    FIFA 09 Serie A Banter Thread
    FIFA 09 Serie B Banter Thread
    FIFA 09 Premiership Fixtures and Results ONLY Thread
    FIFA 09 Championship Fixtures and Results ONLY Thread
    etc...

Damn, I should've picked Spurs Palacios, Bellamy and Crespo all rumoured to be going there!!!

Quick Everton get in there and snatch Palacios off them for me!!! :D

Any word from Greenhawk, FG? I just checked his gamercard and it said he was online 35 mins ago playiing COD so he should have seen my message....

I don't play the waiting game very well! Especially seeing as I'll prob have to wait 2 days, only for him to then turn around and rob my team after all that waiting! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nothing yet :(

I may just start without him. Richie, I think your team selection is safe enough. If I do not receive a reply from him between now and 9 pm, your team selection is locked in and you may register with them.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nothing yet :(

I may just start without him. Richie, I think your team selection is safe enough. If I do not receive a reply from him between now and 9 pm, your team selection is locked in and you may register with them.

Cheers mate

Boards Championship is now open for the 12 qualified players only. Check the new thread for the fixtures for gameweek 1!

Name: Boards Championship
    Abbreviation: bc1
    Password bc1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055463815

Boards Phampionship is now open for the 12 qualified players only. Check the new thread for the fixtures for gameweek 1!

Name: Boards Premiership
    Abbreviation: bp1
    Password bp1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Question: Do you have to play your 3 fixtures for that week in order or can you just play whoever out of the 3 is online?

It doesnt matter what order you play the 3 games in.

Oh yessshhhh it begins :D

• Advertisement

I hate retards. I was playing this fella, not only did he have a custom United side with all the top players, but then he quit after 40 mins when I was beating him 4-0.

martyp92 - super twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Futureguy, is the championship set to 3 matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I was playing this fella, not only did he have a custom United side with all the top players

Is there a way you can save your team line-up and tactics for every ranked match?

Reganovski wrote: »
    Futureguy, is the championship set to 3 matches?

Yeah, for some rediculous reason, you can only choose to play other teams 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15 times!!!

It doesn't matter what it says anyways as the official table will be here on Boards.

Is there a way you can save your team line-up and tactics for every ranked match?

If you change it on your offline squads and save it, it should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Just so everyone knows......My GT is Mister Robanson.....Rob'a'nson with an A....Only reason its like that was because Robinson was taken....Just seen it a few times on here so not to confuse anyone or add the wrong person :)

And good luck to everyone....Cant wait to get started !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Great work Futureguy.
    I'm due to play Bennyc, Rainyface and Deliverance xxv in Round 1.
    Lads I won't be available til Tuesday Night and on to play this weeks games.
    Looking forward to getting started :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Sup with the cup btw?

What a tough start to my Premiership Season...:(

......... SCHALKE 04 (y2j_mufc) v OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) .........
    ......... OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson)
    ......... OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) v UDINESE (bubs101) .........

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Sup with the cup btw?

I'll let everyone get settled in and will start the cup next week :) With a live draw :)

Advertisement