Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

hi hi,

to:
    bfassassin
    wandatowell
    mika27

I am waiting for my xbox back at the mo, it should be back early next week...so i will arrange the games with ye then..

Sorry, damn RROD!

I might make it on before then from a friends house, but that will be mainly to get a bit of practise in before i join the championship

oh yeah, and great work by the way FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What a tough start to my Premiership Season...:(

......... SCHALKE 04 (y2j_mufc) v OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) .........
    ......... OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson)
    ......... OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) v UDINESE (bubs101) .........

A LYon are a better team than ours. I got Celtic first which is probably the easiest start in terms of team quality but I'm setting myself up for a fall

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

Bubs101 wrote: »
    A LYon are a better team than ours. I got Celtic first which is probably the easiest start in terms of team quality but I'm setting myself up for a fall

yeah.what was i thinking pickin celtic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Garball wrote: »
    yeah.what was i thinking pickin celtic.

You were probably smoking the same thing I was when I picked Udinese last season. Can't play tonight but should be on tommorow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

What a tough start to my Premiership Season...:(

......... SCHALKE 04 (y2j_mufc) v OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) .........
    ......... OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson)
    ......... OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) v UDINESE (bubs101) .........

You think?
    I've Got Liverpool (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H) as my first 3 fixtures :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Well lads, I don't think I'm gonna play any game until Monday at the earliest when I can get onto Magnet and get them to sort my connection out. Don't want it costing me any more games.

Just had some match there with Mr. Moon as a warm up, using my experimental formation. Some game. We're very evenly matched! Got a 2-0 win with a goal in the last min, some match. Both hit the crossbar once. I hope Schalke don't lose Lovenkrands, he's actually good! We're going to have some unreal league matches here I'd say. I know Schalke aren't great, but they are competitive, you can't bang in the goals like you can with United, but I don't feel majorly, majorly disadvantaged like I would have been with someone like Newcastle or Lazio.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

moz wrote: »
    You think?
    I've Got Liverpool (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H) as my first 3 fixtures

I think he might of meant the quality of the opposing player not the teams

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah, I was referring to the quality of opponent I have to face, but I don't envy your fixtures either Moz!

Played an lost to Mister Robinson 5-2 last night, and I can't remember being so dissapointed after a game. I was expecting a very tough game and was hoping to get a point out of it. In the first 20 minutes, I had the better of the possession, and came close on a number of occasions. Finally, I went 1-0 up at half-time thanks to Benzema, but fell 2-1 behind thanks to some truely clinical finishing. With about 25 minutes to go, I equalized through Govou. However, the lead didn't last too long after he punsihed some hopeless defenfing. Mister Robinson scored 2 more in the last 2 minutes to make it 5-2. He thoroughly deserved the win, but I didn't deserve to lose by 5 :(.

I had nerves all though the game, which make it all the more enjoyable. if I can pick any point from my next two games, I'd be delighted!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

He thoroughly deserved the win, but I didn't deserve to lose by 5 :(.

It's ok FG, you didn't loose by 5 it was only 3 in the end ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Yeah, I was referring to the quality of opponent I have to face, but I don't envy your fixtures either Moz!

Played an lost to Mister Robinson 5-2 last night, and I can't remember being so dissapointed after a game. I was expecting a very tough game and was hoping to get a point out of it. In the first 20 minutes, I had the better of the possession, and came close on a number of occasions. Finally, I went 1-0 up at half-time thanks to Benzema, but fell 2-1 behind thanks to some truely clinical finishing. With about 25 minutes to go, I equalized through Govou. However, the lead didn't last too long after he punsihed some hopeless defenfing. Mister Robinson scored 2 more in the last 2 minutes to make it 5-2. He thoroughly deserved the win, but I didn't deserve to lose by 5 :(.

I had nerves all though the game, which make it all the more enjoyable. if I can pick any point from my next two games, I'd be delighted!

I really enjoyed that game....Didnt mean to smash 5 by ya :p.
    Couldnt get the ball of you at in the the first half and after you scored i had to change formation and tactic's.....I honestly though I was going to lose the game when you scored. I was jumping off my seat after I scored 3,4 and 5....Good game in all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yeah, I knew that. Hence the :rolleyes: = sarcastic smilie :)

......... TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson) v PLACEHOLDER FC (skippy65) .........

Anyone heard from him yet?

Hes my last game of this round

I have to play him too in this round!! Where is he???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its day 1 of the league lads im sure he will be on at some point..there are 6 more days left in the week :D

Don't worry, he'll join soon.

Axwell wrote: »
    Its day 1 of the league lads im sure he will be on at some point..there are 6 more days left in the week :D

Yeah i know.....I just wanna play :p

Thank ****ing God this league is running. I'm sick of these retards and their custom sides. Every team I play against has Torres, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Gerrard, Ronaldinho.

**** sake. The same retard then wouldn't even give you a chance to setup your own side by hammering the ready button to be an annoying prick.

Any time I play against a custom side I'm filing a complaint under tampering. Its a joke. FIFA is becoming unplayable online because of it.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Thank ****ing God this league is running. I'm sick of these retards and their custom sides. Every team I play against has Torres, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Gerrard, Ronaldinho.

**** sake. The same retard then wouldn't even give you a chance to setup your own side by hammering the ready button to be an annoying prick.

Any time I play against a custom side I'm filing a complaint under tampering. Its a joke. FIFA is becoming unplayable online because of it.

I know what you mean!! I played a 5* Leeds teams last night, come on, leeds will never have a 5* team :D

I beat him 2-0 with Everton and sent him a message to get real and stop dreaming that it'll never happen!!! :)

I don't mind it, as long as they do it with a non-five star team. That way I can quit at the team selection. Its annoying though, Played some fella who had a super Roma, I was thinking there is no way Totti is this fast....he made up a 15 yard head start on a center back, and oh look, theres Ronaldo.

Insta-quit. Insta-report for cheating.

I don't mind it, as long as they do it with a non-five star team. That way I can quit at the team selection. Its annoying though, Played some fella who had a super Roma, I was thinking there is no way Totti is this fast....he made up a 15 yard head start on a center back, and oh look, theres Ronaldo.

Insta-quit. Insta-report for cheating.

Hmm how is this happening exactly? Is this in ranked matches?

• Advertisement

They can do it in either. Apparently, that check for default squads actually does nothing. If you change your squad offline, then you can use it online. So they put all the good players with some side and think they are great if they can beat someone with the best 11 players in the game playing all together.

Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I think this is as much a fault in the game rather than cheating. I know people who have imported their be a pro player into their team in manager mode now the player is there all the time. My son was messing about the other day and somehow managed to put Ronaldo into the Milan squad. I had to reset the default squads to get it sorted out.

I don't mind people using their Be A Pro player at all... thats fair enough, but when you've got a team of Ronaldo's...against Schalke, ya know? Thats fairly well taking the whiz...

It is a fault with the game, just like theres a fault with COD where people get under the map and shoot others, and can't be shot themselves. Its there, but taking advantage of it is cheating, in my book anyways.

So no word form this Skippy fella yet??

Yep, got a message late last night. Playing as Villareal so we are all set!

Guys, remember to PM your opponents or add them as friends on Live to make sure you get your matches played before the end of the week. Once I have all gameweek results, I will be updating the tables!

So seeing as the tables are kept updated here, we could realistically allow rematches for dropped connections? Now, before we dismiss it completely....

I was playing a friendly match against Besty69, he knocked out his ethernet cable from his laptop after about 2 mins into the game. It would be a little harsh to take a 3-0 for this on my part when we could set up a 14 mins unranked game and play as the two teams...

We could make it completely up to the winners descression with no obligation. Just a thought. Hopefully Magnet are sorting out my connection today anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

So there I was scanning the championship post seeing if I was included and then it dawned on me, I forgot to apply, doh! Anywho is there a league 1 being setup or a conference?! :D I'd love to competitive games rather than playing hobos who'll leave! :(

So seeing as the tables are kept updated here, we could realistically allow rematches for dropped connections? Now, before we dismiss it completely....

I was playing a friendly match against Besty69, he knocked out his ethernet cable from his laptop after about 2 mins into the game. It would be a little harsh to take a 3-0 for this on my part when we could set up a 14 mins unranked game and play as the two teams...

We could make it completely up to the winners descression with no obligation. Just a thought. Hopefully Magnet are sorting out my connection today anyways.

epic_fail.jpg

Samurai wrote: »
    So there I was scanning the championship post seeing if I was includded and then it dawn on me, I forgot to apply, doh! Anywho is there a league 1 being setup or a conference?! :D I'd love to competitive games rather than playing hobos who'll leave! :(

New qualifying starting end of January!

• Advertisement

I agree, we could do this and it would work very well most of the time. However, there are just too many ways to take advantage of this. For example, 2 players almost finishing a game as a scoreless draw which does nothing for both of their chances to win the league/get promoted etc-they agree to disconnect so they can play for a win. Also an excellent player looking like getting a draw against a weaker player disconects and asks for a rematch.

And it also leaves the door open for fighting. What if one player asks for a rematch and the other player doesn't want to.

I have to let this stand guys!

Advertisement