Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah I do see your point alright, I hadn't even thought of it like that (ie: good player disconnecting when drawing against a weaker one). That would be a scumbag thing to do alright and it'd be very hard to actually monitor...I guess you'd have to depend on people not being jackasses.

Ah, well, to be fair, I wouldn't even be asking if I didn't seem to have the most unreliable question of the lot of us. I just ask because I've been 3-0 & 2-0 up and dominating and then end up losing through no fault of mine own which seems pretty stupid....not much I can do, especially as this league is going to be so tough, I don't want to end up losing places because of something I have no control on..

I dunno, maybe you can only ask for a rematch if you are winning the game at the time? That'd be something at least.

It's just a pain in the ass, no easy answer! :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I dunno, maybe you can only ask for a rematch if you are winning the game at the time? That'd be something at least.

The problem here is that, if a player that was winning 8-0 loses his connection and the opponent doesn't want a rematch (after all, it's not his connection that went), then I can see alot of aggro starting.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The problem here is that, if a player that was winning 8-0 loses his connection and the opponent doesn't want a rematch (after all, it's not his connection that went), then I can see alot of aggro starting.

Well then you'd just have to live with it. If you connection goes, its your bad. If the guy doesn't want to give you a second chance, then that's fair enough. It would be better than saying, ah my connection went, I'm screwed, end of story.

Most lads in our league are sound anyways. I can't speak for the new guys, but I'd say people would be reasonable enough between us, even Dave7G said when I lost connection against him, false wins are no wins.... I mean, I'm not going to go hunting down Irish Wolverine if he doesn't give me a rematch kinda thing.

You're right though, it might cause aggro in some cases if we've got a couple of guys who can't be reasoned with... I dunno about anyone else, but I'd rather win or be relegated on merit.

Maybe its not a good idea and thats fair enough. Just said I'd bring it up anyways and see what people think. I probably wouldn't even bring it up if I didn't have a dodgy connection, but hey...at least I'm honest!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm not going to go hunting down Irish Wolverine if he doesn't give me a rematch kinda thing.

He wouldn't give you one anyway the tight bastid :p

But allowing rematches because of drops will lead to many a problem future guy doesn't want to deal with here!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I'm not going to go hunting down Irish Wolverine if he doesn't give me a rematch kinda thing.

Good cos you wont be getting one, im praying to the magnet gods they disconnect you mid game so i win!! :D kidding..

I see your point Richie but at the same time it leads to a lot of hassle and people saying well he said he would rematch and he didnt or i should have got one. Like we have no way to prove someone got disconnected or just left.
    I know your own situation is different and you arent looking to do it for any other reason than your own connection is dodgey but others might not be so honest. Personally i think we are better sticking to the way it has been.

• Advertisement

And it might give the rest of us a chance if he looses a few games :D

Great, so I'm basically stuck with the rubbish connection. The GF rang them and got fobbed off like I thought.

Some rubbish about one of the computers requesting a new IP address and gave some console commands to try. Firstly, I don't have a fcuking console on the 360. And they said if you run a ping to google or whatever, that will always keep it up. Eh, wrong. Tried that and it died the other evening.

They won't admit theres a problem, won't give us a new router because all the routers have the fault with the 4th port not working.

I told her to ask if they lease their IP's for a certain period of time and if that was the problem, so they basically took that, and made it into an excuse...."What? Ohhhhhhhhh yeeaaaaaaaaaaah, thats it!", which is our problem, not theirs. How come I've never had a problem like this before? I mean, who leases an IP for a bloody hour!!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nothing I can do. Load of cock. Never use Magnet, ever, ever.....EEEEEEEEEEEEEVER. I'm gonna rape someone good and proper.

Moon step up and be a man..bring the lube too..:D

Thats annoying alright Richie your best bet is to reset your router every evening before you come on to play then in the hope it gets a new ip and holds it for a while.

Also did you see the news,seems your comments about Aguero joining city next could be true hahhaha
    http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1777_4812776,00.html

Axwell wrote: »
    I know your own situation is different and you arent looking to do it for any other reason than your own connection is dodgey but others might not be so honest.

lol, indeed....I am not looking to dish the rape out, just trying to prevent it! :o

I heard that rumor about Aguero a while ago, but like they are linked with half the planet so it doesn't surprise me.

lol, indeed....I am not looking to dish the rape out, just trying to prevent it! :o

I heard that rumor about Aguero a while ago, but like they are linked with half the planet so it doesn't surprise me.

If you are around tonight i wouldnt mind getting our match of the way, im going to be away with work stuff for a few days so not sure when im back during the week and just in case its not before friday id rather get it played.

• Advertisement

Ok, I will play you later if your on. I have been on since about 7 but I haven't been able to catch you online. To Bubs and FG (and Axwell if I don't catch you tonight), is it ok if I play ye all on Thursday/Friday evening?

I have a mates graduation to go in the evening to (and subsequent night out). Wednesday is the day that my connection is always dodgy.... (4 times last wednesday)

Thursday or Friday ok with you lads?

I wish I had an easier start. Bloody hell.

Ok, I will play you later if your on. I have been on since about 7 but I haven't been able to catch you online. To Bubs and FG (and Axwell if I don't catch you tonight), is it ok if I play ye all on Thursday/Friday evening?

I have a mates graduation to go in the evening to (and subsequent night out). Wednesday is the day that my connection is always dodgy.... (4 times last wednesday)

Im on now for a bit Richie if ya get to read this, if not then i should be back thursday or friday. Ill send ya a message anyways if im going to be late back. At worse we could play it on Saturday and just submit the result then.

Yeah, no worries mate. I only seen that now (an hour later) and you aint on...Sure we've played like 5-6 times in the past week or two anyways, lol!

Kaka is staying at Milan btw, and Liverpool dropped points. What a wonderful, wonderful day! Two pieces of good news for you :)

This is something you might like to check out too. Poor old City! :p

Ya i just shut down there a few mins ago. Ill catch ya Fri or Sat. As for Kaka i probably owuldnt have got him in time even if he did go there. Poor old city doesnt affect me since i support the pool i just chose to play as them haha. Will catch ya during the week when i get back.

I've played one game this week, but the other two guys haven't signed up to the league yet :(

Who hasnt signed up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I havent signed up for the championship yet anyways, waiting for the XBOX back, it should be back by the end of this week.

I posted here and PM'd the people i am due to play to let them know the story too.

Thats fine.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Who hasnt signed up yet?

There's only 8 of the 12 in the Premiership signed up, I know two of them I'm supposed to play haven't (Fiorentina and Skippy (don't know his team))

Mr Moon wrote: »
    There's only 8 of the 12 in the Premiership signed up, I know two of them I'm supposed to play haven't (Fiorentina and Skippy (don't know his team))

Right I'll send on PMs

• Advertisement

Well I haven't signed up yet anyways. I didn't want people sending invites to me to play over the weekend while I was waiting on Monday to call Magnet.

Well I haven't signed up yet anyways. I didn't want people sending invites to me to play over the weekend while I was waiting on Monday to call Magnet.

Theres always one :rolleyes:..holding up the whole show, you would really think you of all people would know better :D

Theres always one :rolleyes:..holding up the whole show, you would really think you of all people would know better :D

Kiss my arse crack, lol :p

It's probably a good thing you didn't play me last night. I was getting rode for most of the evening as Schalke. I think I beat Mr.Moon using a certain formation, but I couldn't score a goal at all with them last night unless my opponent made a mistake.

Every time I went forward I lost the ball and my striker was just gobbled up like the tremendously large vegetable he is.

Lovenkrands and Sanchez are possibly two of the worst finishers in the game. I missed so many easy chances because they either passed the ball back to the keeper with a weak shot, or screw the shot off horribly wide.

I was getting horribly, horribly violated.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Why Schalke anyway? I played a few games with them at the weekend just to see what they are like but couldn't see the appeal

mika27 wrote: »
    Why Schalke anyway? I played a few games with them at the weekend just to see what they are like but couldn't see the appeal

They are my league side. I never played as them until I was desperate for teams. I would have liked someone else, but that aren't all bad to be fair.

I wanted Everton (I have a semi soft spot for them - perhaps its the fellow hatred of Liverpool and the fact they drew with them last night!), but maybe that wouldn't have been such a good thing if I did get them.

No real point in using United, seeing as Schalke are nothing like they are. Only played one game as United in the past two weeks, and that was just to prove a point to a guy who was beating me with a 5 star side in an even match against Schalke. He got poxy goals late on and tried to run rings around me then. Beat him when the sides were even :)

I wanted Everton (I have a semi soft spot for them - perhaps its the fellow hatred of Liverpool and the fact they drew with them last night!), but maybe that wouldn't have been such a good thing if I did get them.

No need for those sly little digs Richie..:P
    Kiss my arse crack, lol :p

It's probably a good thing you didn't play me last night. I was getting rode for most of the evening as Schalke. I think I beat Mr.Moon using a certain formation, but I couldn't score a goal at all with them last night unless my opponent made a mistake.

How is that a good thing, by the sounds of it I would have had a chance of beating you, now im back to hoping you connection drops. Schalke arent that bad in fairness ive played you a few times and when the person using them knows what they are doing they are as good a side as any......unfortunately you arent one of those people..:D..kidding of course. Im sure you will have no problems in the league with them and i have less hatred for you now you arent Everton, as for the person that is..I wouldnt be saying things like "I was getting rode for most of the evening as Schalke" with him around :P

Sorry about that Richie, I'm enjoying playing as Everton BTW :D

They've really improved my game, I was playing a friend of mine last night, who is really good (Man U), and I RAPED him 7-0 in the first game, then 1-0 in the second (I couldn't get the second goal but wasn't in any danger of conceeding till the end of the match), there was a few dodgy row z balls out of defence, then he picked Barca and quit after I went 2-0 up, he sent me a text saying I'm going to have to teach him how to play the game :)
    Im sure you will have no problems in the league with them and i have less hatred for you now you arent Everton, as for the person that is..I wouldnt be saying things like "I was getting rode for most of the evening as Schalke" with him around :P

I have the lube ready and waiting, and extra spit just incase you run out :D

I was playing a friend of mine last night, who is really good (Man U), and I RAPED him 7-0 in the first game, ...... he sent me a text saying I'm going to have to teach him how to play the game :)

Obviously hes not that good if you beat him 7-0 and he hasnt played anyone else decent if hes looking for lessons off you :D
    I have the lube ready and waiting, and extra spit just incase you run out

You are a sick and twisted man my friend..

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I wanted Everton (I have a semi soft spot for them - perhaps its the fellow hatred of Liverpool

I tend to have a soft spot for Man City for similar reasons ;)

• Advertisement

Obviously hes not that good if you beat him 7-0 and he hasnt played anyone else decent if hes looking for lessons off you :D

You are a sick and twisted man my friend..

Usually when we play Man U v Man U they can go either way!!

And yes I am :D

Advertisement