Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ANNOUNCEMENT: Skippy65 (Greenhawk88), who chose Villareal, is unable to play in the league. He sent me a very regretful PM last night. Since he has played no games yet, we will be drafting in a player this evening from the qualifying league.

I'd like to thank him for some great games last year, and when the time is right, he will be welcomed back into subsequent leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah, just one update on that FG, I think skippy was Villarreal, just incase the guy who's Sevilla reads that and wonders whats going on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Cool, at least that will be sorted and I can play my games, now who the hell choose Fiorentina? Will ya ever join the league and take your defeat or I'm going to demand a 3-0 victory :p

I'll send a PM to the Fiorentina player...his name should be a few pages back.

There are _actually_ going to be no easy games in this league. I think we'll see everyone beating each other on a regular basis and points being dropped left, right and center...

I'd say whoever finishes in the top 3 will be the lads who just find a way, some way, to win, especially in the tightest games. Its going to be crazy. I hope to be able to take 5/6 points out of every 9 and pray I'm near the top come the end. Easier said than done.

• Advertisement

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    There are _actually_ going to be no easy games in this league. I think we'll see everyone beating each other on a regular basis and points being dropped left, right and center...

I'd say whoever finishes in the top 3 will be the lads who just find a way, some way, to win, especially in the tightest games. Its going to be crazy. I hope to be able to take 5/6 points out of every 9 and pray I'm near the top come the end. Easier said than done.

+1

Totally agree, the only game I've played in and I was 2-0 up thinking what a great choice Everton were and then ended up loosing 4-3, should make for some really good games and some interesting results!

BTW what happens at the end of this league? Is it like real life, we have Champions league and Uefa cup competitions the following season?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Same in the championship. I think everyone has improved a lot after season 1 and there are a lot of people at a simliar a level. I find it way harder to win these league games than a ranked match.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    BTW what happens at the end of this league? Is it like real life, we have Champions league and Uefa cup competitions the following season?

Yeah we will have Champions League and UEFA cup which will pit players from all 4 leagues against eact other. It will start in season 3 but entrants will be based on the final standings of season 2.

As ye know, the bottom 3 places in the Premiership/Serie A will be relegated and 3 teams will be promoted from the lower leagues.

At this moment in time, the Champions League will pit the top 4 players from the Premiership and Serie A against each other. 2 groups of 4 leading to a semis and final. This may change as we go forward.

The UEFA league has no definate format but I would like it to be a simiar set up as the Champions League but for the Championship and Serie B teams. WIth 3 going up from these leagues, the uefa cup may be for those finishing 4th-8th in each.

So looing at it in terms of battling for different things, given 12 teams per league...

Top 4 in Premiership/Serie A go to Champions League, bottome 3 get relegated, so that will ensure lots of fighting for every point.
    Top 3 in Championship/Serie B get promoted and 4th-8th battle for Uefa Cup spot. Again, lots to fight for.

GREAT SUCCESS!

A guy from Magnet rang this morning saying he'd been looking at our file, and while the other guys denied point blank that there was any sort of problem, he said there was, and he thinks he has fixed it now. I wasn't talking to him, but apparently it has to do with uploads (which would match with what xbox live was telling me - MTU is not 1364), and when that happens the whole thing keels over.

Supposed to see how it goes until Friday and then he'll ring back (which mightn't happen) but at least we've got his name and he seems to know what hes talking about, rather than the previous lads who just hoped on the reassigning IP's bandwagon when it was mentioned to them. :)

I'll be playing a mighty amount of FIFA tonight and tomorrow night, and if I don't experience any drops, then I'll play those league games late on Thursday night, Friday evening/night or any time Saturday.

Here's hoping!

GREAT SUCCESS!

A guy from Magnet rang this morning saying he'd been looking at our file, and while the other guys denied point blank that there was any sort of problem, he said there was, and he thinks he has fixed it now. I wasn't talking to him, but apparently it has to do with uploads (which would match with what xbox live was telling me - MTU is not 1364), and when that happens the whole thing keels over.

Supposed to see how it goes until Friday and then he'll ring back (which mightn't happen) but at least we've got his name and he seems to know what hes talking about, rather than the previous lads who just hoped on the reassigning IP's bandwagon when it was mentioned to them. :)

I'll be playing a mighty amount of FIFA tonight and tomorrow night, and if I don't experience any drops, then I'll play those league games late on Thursday night, Friday evening/night or any time Saturday.

Here's hoping!

Sounds good dude!! Let's hope it works, can't stand anymore of your ranting and raving about dropped connections :rolleyes: :P

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah we will have Champions League and UEFA cup which will pit players from all 4 leagues against eact other. It will start in season 3 but entrants will be based on the final standings of season 2.

As ye know, the bottom 3 places in the Premiership/Serie A will be relegated and 3 teams will be promoted from the lower leagues.

At this moment in time, the Champions League will pit the top 4 players from the Premiership and Serie A against each other. 2 groups of 4 leading to a semis and final. This may change as we go forward.

The UEFA league has no definate format but I would like it to be a simiar set up as the Champions League but for the Championship and Serie B teams. WIth 3 going up from these leagues, the uefa cup may be for those finishing 4th-8th in each.

So looing at it in terms of battling for different things, given 12 teams per league...

Top 4 in Premiership/Serie A go to Champions League, bottome 3 get relegated, so that will ensure lots of fighting for every point.
    Top 3 in Championship/Serie B get promoted and 4th-8th battle for Uefa Cup spot. Again, lots to fight for.

Are you still having cup competitions this season? FA Cup and Italian Cup I guess they would be called. If so then it would be cool if the winners of the cups got in to Europe the following season as well.

Sounds good dude!! Let's hope it works, can't stand anymore of your ranting and raving about dropped connections :rolleyes: :P

Me too! I mean, hey, you only have to read it! I have to write it and then read it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

GREAT SUCCESS!

Ah 5hite now i actually have to play ya and try win instead of just waiting for your connection to drop and taking the 3-0! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ANNOUNCEMENT: Skippy65 (Greenhawk88), who chose Villareal, is unable to play in the league. He sent me a very regretful PM last night. Since he has played no games yet, we will be drafting in a player this evening from the qualifying league.

I'd like to thank him for some great games last year, and when the time is right, he will be welcomed back into subsequent leagues.

I pressume they play as Villareal or pick a team not yet picked same as everyone else?

Axwell wrote: »
    I pressume they play as Villareal or pick a team not yet picked same as everyone else?

Well, Villarreal are the best of whats left probably. And no, thats not saying much for the rest of the sides.

Villarreal are leprechauns. I just hope I find their pot of gold when I play whoever is using them...

Axwell wrote: »

They have a choice of VillaReal or whatever is left.

mika27 wrote: »
    Are you still having cup competitions this season? FA Cup and Italian Cup I guess they would be called. If so then it would be cool if the winners of the cups got in to Europe the following season as well.

the FA cup will start in gameweek 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Ok I just joined the league, sorry for the late signing up guys! And eh...seeing as I've missed out on about 20 pages on this thread, could someone save me the trawling through it all and tell me if I have fixtures to stick to? :D

Moiph wrote: »
    Ok I just joined the league, sorry for the late signing up guys! And eh...seeing as I've missed out on about 20 pages on this thread, could someone save me the trawling through it all and tell me if I have fixtures to stick to? :D

Yeah, there's 3 games a week, the fixtures are up in the boards premiership thread!!

Edit: Oh you're Fiorentina? I've been looking for you!!! I'm to play you this week!! I probably wont be on till Saturday, but might get a game in tonight if you're around!!

Moiph wrote: »

8 point penalty :p

As Mr. Moon said, the fixtures have a separate thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

My XBOX still aint back from MS...

But i will get on this evening anyways to get my last 2 games this week played...

So, i've to play BFassassin and Wandatowel, so lads if your on this evening, i will be on from around 8 for an hour or 2

Glad to say I had no drops in my connection last night. Here's hoping its fixed and its not just giving me false hope!

Glad to say I had no drops in my connection last night. Here's hoping its fixed and its not just giving me false hope!

Here's to false hope :D

Here's to false hope :D

False hope = FAIL :o

I only played 6-7 games, so maybe I missed the times it dropped. I really need a good 5-6 hour FIFA session for a few days straight to make sure the problem is gone. It wouldn't be unusual to play only a few and it'd be fine.

More twats using custom teams last night. First two games, two twats using two custom Man Utds. I quit straight away. Then go to another game, your man selects Hartlepool and oh look, they are 5 star. Fcuk. off. I wish EA would sort it out. Its a massive, massive bug and ruining online play completely.

So glad this league is running now, and the practice league will cover for my regular games which I now, can't play on live, because Schalke against a custom side isn't a good idea!

I only played 6-7 games, so maybe I missed the times it dropped. I really need a good 5-6 hour FIFA session for a few days straight to make sure the problem is gone. It wouldn't be unusual to play only a few and it'd be fine.

More twats using custom teams last night. First two games, two twats using two custom Man Utds. I quit straight away. Then go to another game, your man selects Hartlepool and oh look, they are 5 star. Fcuk. off. I wish EA would sort it out. Its a massive, massive bug and ruining online play completely.

So glad this league is running now, and the practice league will cover for my regular games which I now, can't play on live, because Schalke against a custom side isn't a good idea!

Will you ever just play your games and stop worrying!!! :rolleyes:

I have little problem with the idiots with the obvious teams...its the ones that make sneaky small changes that get on my nerves.

I have little problem with the idiots with the obvious teams...its the ones that make sneaky small changes that get on my nerves.

Its the ones who do it to Man Utd or other five star sides that annoy me.

I mean, its obvious if someone is selecting Hartlepool and they are five star, you can just quit before the game starts. Its the sneaky ones with the five star teams that really get on my tits.

I dont mind people using their be a pro player or whatever, but why put Gerrard and Torres at United, etc?

Its the ones who do it to Man Utd or other five star sides that annoy me.

I mean, its obvious if someone is selecting Hartlepool and they are five star, you can just quit before the game starts. Its the sneaky ones with the five star teams that really get on my tits.

I dont mind people using their be a pro player or whatever, but why put Gerrard and Torres at United, etc?

I don't get how people are doing this, haven't come across it yet either. It always asks me to load default squads before I go in to a ranked game. If I don't load the default squads it won't let me in to the game.

I'm not really interested in building custom teams but it would be handy to know how to do this so that you don't have to change your formation/team/tactics before every game.

8 point penalty :p

As Mr. Moon said, the fixtures have a separate thread.

I hope your applying this to yourself too for your waffling in the Results thread thats strictly for results! :D

• Advertisement

Will you ever just play your games and stop worrying!!! :rolleyes:

More like whining, did ya ever see the like of it. Oh my connection sucks, oh custom teams suck, oh Schalke suck. The excuses just piling up before he even plays a league match, wait till you now when he is losing he will just drop out of the game and blame his custom schalke connection :D

Advertisement