Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell wrote: »
    I hope your applying this to yourself too for your waffling in the Results thread thats strictly for results! :D

You're lucky I'm in a good mood or you'd be getting an 8 point reduction to. Ah feck it...

9 point reduction for Axwell

So with City as your team, you'll probably finish on -6 for the season :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

FutureGuy wrote: »

Relegation on the horizon for you bosco!!

"Citys going down with a billion in the bank,
    a billion in the bank,
    a billion in the bank!

They're going down, They're going down,
    They're going down,They're going down,

Citys going down with a billion in the bank,
    a billion in the bank,
    a billion in the bank!
    "

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You're lucky I'm in a good mood or you'd be getting an 8 point reduction to. Ah feck it...

Well when i wipe the smile of your face with them that will be 3 points and richies connection is bound to give way so thats 3 more so i should be able to manage 0 easy enough.

Richie should get points deducted too hes over on the results forum waffling away about gameweeks and stuff, this is going to the dogs people just cant follow rules. Im suprised he wasnt doing his whining about his connection and custom teams on there aswell :D

Whats the story with the new player aswell, who is he and has he picked a team yet?

Richie should get points deducted too hes over on the results forum waffling away about gameweeks and stuff, this is going to the dogs people just cant follow rules. Im suprised he wasnt doing his whining about his connection and custom teams on there aswell :D

lol, wait, what? I've only had one post over there and that was the result of my first match :p

Granted, you probably didn't check, and it is very likely that I would have been waffling on, on that thread (..I do it everywhere else..), but I think false accusations deserve another 3 point deduction! What d'ya say FG? ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I guess the next 3 games will be up on Friday evening after 6 when this game week ends.
    yesterday 17.44

Lies Richie, you posted the above aswell..waffling. You should get the points reduction for calling me a liar!!:D

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Ah here. You were running straight, I was running diagnally. I got very very close to you coming in from the side. The problem was I had Lukovic and you had Farfan

You did start from the side (from 4-5 o'clock from Farfan), but still, you only caught my trailing leg and I was clean through. How you thought that, you were going to get the ball I'd never know. You would have had as much chance of getting the ball with a slide tackle with Flores was 60 yards up the pitch, especially seeing as you had Lucovic, whose general sh!tness you have proclaimed many times, yet you expected him to pull off a tackle who superman himself would struggle with.

I knew you'd moan when I pointed it out which is why I tried to record it so you'd have no defense. Lets just leave it at that. The point has been made.

Just for the record at all, I don't mind last ditch tackles, once the other person has a hope of getting it. If he gets close to the ball, thats fair enough.

yesterday 17.44

Lies Richie, you posted the above aswell..waffling. You should get the points reduction for calling me a liar!!:D

Ah, lol, bollocks. I thought that was in this thread. Thank you (you baa-stard) :p

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    You did start from the side (from 4-5 o'clock from Farfan), but still, you only caught my trailing leg and I was clean through. How you thought that, you were going to get the ball I'd never know. You would have had as much chance of getting the ball with a slide tackle with Flores was 60 yards up the pitch, especially seeing as you had Lucovic, whose general sh!tness you have proclaimed many times, yet you expected him to pull off a tackle who superman himself would struggle with.

I knew you'd moan when I pointed it out which is why I tried to record it so you'd have no defense. Lets just leave it at that. The point has been made.

Just for the record at all, I don't mind last ditch tackles, once the other person has a hope of getting it. If he gets close to the ball, thats fair enough.

Guys, I don't expect people to not attempt a tackle like the one described. It sounds like Bubs made a decent attempt to get the ball. Its the callous tackles I'm trying to cut out when you KNOW there isn't a hope in hell of getting near the ball.

I know that there is a fine line being tread here regarding what constitutes the laater and what constitues the former, but its one we need to be careful not to cross.

It sounds like Bubs made a decent attempt to get the ball. Its the callous tackles I'm trying to cut out when you KNOW there isn't a hope in hell of getting near the ball.

That's ok with me then, once we are consistent. If that sets the standard for having a hope of getting the ball, I'll be following this too.

That's ok with me then, once we are consistent. If that sets the standard for having a hope of getting the ball, I'll be following this too.

Id say its more something like aything is allowed as long as its not between 4.45 - 6.55 :D

Ya i think it has to be fair that if its a decent attempt then thats fine but simply chopping the player down from behind with no hope in hell of getting the ball shouldnt be. What was the result of the challenge Richie, player sent off or? You probably said above i just cant be bothered looking back as i type this.
    Ah, lol, bollocks. I thought that was in this thread. Thank you (you baa-stard) tongue.gif .

So you are admitting it, then if FG is to be fair as our almighty ruler/organiser he has to give you a 9 point ban too, otherwise he is showing favouritism and we will have to rebel and kill him. His choice...:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Richie you won the match 5-0 and yet you still find something to complain about :p

Grow a set will you :D

I'm all for last ditch tackles as long as the player's leg is in front of the player, these guys who press it when you are away should be made to eat their parents/children and then shot in front a crowd of their peers!!

It's up to everyone to use their own judgement Richie. I didn't see the tackle and therefore I can only speak based on the descriptions of both players.

In our game, Bubs made a very similar tackle. My initial instinct was "hey, watch it mate" but I realised a split second later that he was making a decent challenge (it was from abouy 8 o cock). There was a fair chance of getting the ball, and in no way was it a "there's no way I'm getting this ball" kind of tackle. Added to that, there would have been others to attempt a tackle if I had gotten away.

Fair enough. By my initial reply I really meant: Once I don't get grief later on for doing the exact same thing later on, thats grand. I'm not taking sh!t over the same tackle when others give out about me doing it. Thats all.

For what its worth, when your last man and you attempt a tackle from any angle behind the player, you're only asking for trouble though, but if this is ok, this is ok.

For what its worth, when your last man and you attempt a tackle from any angle behind the player, you're only asking for trouble though, but if this is ok, this is ok.

This depends on so much though, mostly the distance between the players..."MS paint and 5 minutes" to the rescue. Arrows indicate the tackle. First 2 are not on, no way to get the ball. Third one is a decent attempt. Fourth is a no-no too. Fifth is obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In fairness Y2J you were 2-0 up when I made the tackle and i got a red card for it so I don't exactly see what the big deal was and it was one of those tackles when you were dribbling fast and if the ball had been at your feet instead of kicked in front it would have been a good tackle. I missed by about half a second and to be honest, if you've won the game by 5 goals trying to record a tackle is a little petty

In fairness Y2J you were 2-0 up when I made the tackle and i got a red card for it so I don't exactly see what the big deal was and it was one of those tackles when you were dribbling fast and if the ball had been at your feet instead of kicked in front it would have been a good tackle. I missed by about half a second and to be honest, if you've won the game by 5 goals trying to record a tackle is a little petty

Guys, lets leave it now. The fact of the matter is, if your defense is beaten and the opponent is one on one, you have to be very careful about your tackles.

Only in the minority of cases is a sliding tackle appropriate. When you consider that a good player will keep the ball in front of him (and not at his feet) means that a sliding tackle from anywhere behind a player is petty much a non runner in any 1-on-1 situation.

Come on guys, lets enjoy the league :)

I missed by about half a second and to be honest, if you've won the game by 5 goals trying to record a tackle is a little petty

It was 2-0 when you made the tackle. You would have a better chance of pulling 2 back without your left back, than 3 with your left back. It could have changed the game in your favour.

What happened after that doesn't matter. Just because it backfired, you call me petty! :rolleyes: Christ.

It was 2-0 when you made the tackle. You would have a better chance of pulling 2 back without your left back, than 3 with your left back. It could have changed the game in your favour.

What happened after that doesn't matter. Just because it backfired, you call me petty! :rolleyes: Christ.

ffs guys seriously, I'm not in the mood for this today. It sounds like a poorly times tackle at the worst, not a deliberate attempt to gain an advantage. Again, I can only draw conclusions from descriptions given.

Y2J are you around before 6 to play our game?

I honestly came *this* close to implementing a point reduction system based on the number of yellow/red cards handed out.

5 yellows=1 point reduction
    1 red=1 point reduction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I honestly came *this* close to implementing a point reduction system based on the number of yellow/red cards handed out.

5 yellows=1 point reduction
    1 red=1 point reduction

It's a good idea alright, but a 1 point reduction for 1 red card is a bit severe. I received a couple of red cards for fairly innocuous tackles. Depends a lot on the strictness of the ref. Maybe 3 red's = -1 point

• Advertisement

Honestly, there is little reason to get even one yellow in the entire league so I felt that it would prevent the messing.

In fact, I almost went with 3 yellow=1 point!

This depends on so much though, mostly the distance between the players..."MS paint and 5 minutes" to the rescue. Arrows indicate the tackle. First 2 are not on, no way to get the ball. Third one is a decent attempt. Fourth is a no-no too. Fifth is obvious.

Hahaha thats funny FG..hope you dont work in graphic design tho :D

If you implement a system like that people will be afraid to tackle. A bit of common sense should be used just shouldn't be an attempt to start a witch hunt everytime someone gets a redcard, particularly when it wasn't 0-0 at the death.

Also, Y2J, the reason I call you petty is not because it "backfired". It's because you seem to be painting me as a criminal mastermind who worked out the odds of winning with or without a left back but a goal down, have tried to paint a very skewed version of the tale, decided not to enjoy your 5-0 win but instead try to "report" me for a 50/50 challenge so "I'd have no defense". Being a good loser is important but good winners are integral for a fun league to work and a player as good as you needs to pick up that skill.

Sorry FutureGuy

Hahaha thats funny FG..hope you dont work in graphic design tho :D

Nah man, I paid someone 200 quid to get that made up. My version would have been close to the Mona Lisa in terms of quality, but I haven't the time.

If you implement a system like that people will be afraid to tackle. A bit of common sense should be used just shouldn't be an attempt to start a witch hunt everytime someone gets a redcard, particularly when it wasn't 0-0 at the death.

Which is the reason why it wasn't implemented.

Which is the reason why it wasn't implemented.

Touche:pac:

Being a good loser is important but good winners are integral for a fun league to work and a player as good as you needs to pick up that skill.

Did I go waving the 5-0 in your face? No. I just pointed out that you had a dodgy last man tackle from behind, if that makes me a bad winner in your mind, then good luck to you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lets put a ban on posting anything bar the score if this is the case, or on anything you do not agree with. Censorship, ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Being a good loser is important but good winners are integral for a fun league to work and a player as good as you needs to pick up that skill.

Really good point.

Cant remember the players name but in Season 1 I was spanked something like 11-0 and instead of the chap basking in the deserved glory he comes on here to report me for knocking the ball around my defence and keeper in an atempt to keep the ball off him and keep the score down.

Some people are never happy. A win is a win. :)

Now if a game was say 0-0 with a minute to go and a player is hacked down by the last defender by all means lets hear about it.

You were doing kick up's with your keeper and your left back and knocking the ball away as soon as I got close to you to take the piss. Thats being a bad loser IMO. Why should I have to sit through you doing that, and be the bad guy because I'm beating you?

Sorry, I though we were going to play a proper game without the bullsh!t, no? Why bring up old arguments, I really don't see the benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

You were doing kick up's with your keeper and your left back and knocking the ball away as soon as I got close to you to take the piss.

Sorry, I though we were going to play a proper game without the bullsh!t, no?

Oh Jaysus!! That was YOU aswell!!

Advertisement