Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Ya, this aint a bad idea!

Oh right, didn't know that? Not that i have a good memory anyways!

Ya i think it was a pro evo league i cant rem much about it to be honest i just remembered your gamertag and playing you a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Axwell wrote: »
    Ya i think it was a pro evo league i cant rem much about it to be honest i just remembered your gamertag and playing you a few times.

Oh right, savage, that does sound like me alright. I did spend an awful lot of time on Pro Evo before so this is entirely possible! I don't remember being in any Pro Evo leagues though.

I used to have a gamertag the same as my boards name aswell before the feckin' thing got corrupted which I played Pro Evo....You must have some memory if you remembered my tag! Jesus! Gimme a shout if you want a few friendlies or whatever!

cadogs wrote: »
    Ha, you're the last person in the world thats in for a bit of banter!!!!

What in the blue hell are you scuttering on about now? Ah, of course. Some guy who I've never talked to before knows me better than myself. :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)
    Bitter some!!! :pac:

What are you on about? Uh...bitter about what exactly?
    Maybe next year Y2J, when i'm not playing ha ha

Again, what are you rambling on about? You've never even played me. Your points are as well thought out as a solar detonated explosive strapped to your face. If my connection didn't drop twice when I was odds on to win games in the second half, I'd have a better record and higher win ratio than you do. Your 21-1-1. I would be 21-1-0 (including my Soby win) if Magnet would allow me to stay connected for more than five mins at a time, meaning a game in hand to over take you, so congrats "champ". Hope you enjoy your "victory". Perhaps next time you should think before you made yourself look even more retarded. At least you provide some good laughs though.

Remember, in future, to keep your words short and sweet because some day, someone will make you eat them. ;)

If I beat someone, I don't go around gloating like a jackass afterwards and talking sh!t, both of which you seem to be doing quite a lot of.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, it's pretty obvious that we will not complete all games this year, and I do have a very good way of differentiating people. It may not be 100% accurate but it'll give noone a reason to be unhappy about the team they are able to choose. The less experienced players will still get the best teams and the best players will have to adapt to playing an unfamiliar team so it should be an excellent league next year.

It will work in your favour to play as many games as you can between now and Friday.

This year really is only a test run to see who is who, and we can get on with all the cool stuff next year.

On Saturday morning, I will be posting the official order for choosing the teams for next year. We need to get everyone assigned to a team within a week so I suggest you look at a few teams that may match your league position.

I have thought hard about what to do with all the new players who are looking to get involved, and while I feel they are all a good bunch, it may be harmful to introduce so many new players into the league without any knowledge of styles/ability etc.

So, I am proposing we run a new qualifying league in tandem with the Season 2 league. This would leave us with approx 24 existing players divided into Premier League and Championship and 8-10 playing in a new qualifying league?

Opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If there's only 8-10 in the new qualifying league you could start that immediately and have the top 3 or 4 join the top league and the reast join the championship. Probably wouldn't take too long and you could even do a cup.

Just a quick question. Do you get first refusal on the team you picked for the league?

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    If there's only 8-10 in the new qualifying league you could start that immediately and have the top 3 or 4 join the top league and the reast join the championship. Probably wouldn't take too long and you could even do a cup.

I thought about that, but I'm not sure I could get it finished in time. It would probably delay the league for another week. All new players would have to get the games finished in a week and they would probably have to meet up at one or two designated periods. because its Christmas, it'll be tough.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Just a quick question. Do you get first refusal on the team you picked for the league?

I have been thinking about you and your decision to pick Udinese for season 1 (and the fact you didn't complain and soldiered on regardless). Because of your standing in the league and the relative strength of Udinese (which would probably be a fair match), I'm thinking of allowing you to pick Udinese from the start. I'll look at the exact results, standings and Udinese stats later, but if noone has a problem, I'm going to let you choose Udinese.

I'll get back to you on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I thought about that, but I'm not sure I could get it finished in time. It would probably delay the league for another week. All new players would have to get the games finished in a week and they would probably have to meet up at one or two designated periods. because its Christmas, it'll be tough.

I'm down near the bottom of the league (21st I think). So I should among the first to chose my team I think. And if it's ok with you, and no one has any objections I'd like to stay with Milan please.

Hi Moz, We will see...i'm sure you will get to choose Milan based on your standing as there are arguably 4-5 better teams.

I can't guarantee anyone a team but I don't think you or Bubs will have any problems, as in essence, ye would be choosing a weaker team than ye could do, given your league standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

On Saturday morning, I will be posting the official order for choosing the teams for next year.

Sounds good...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Definitely, for the most this league has been good craic. One suggestion though for the season ahead. I find most people dont talk on their mics possibly cos of the concentration etc, i know we can play friendlies if we like but maybe we should organise nights of friendlies before the league starts where people can be more talkative and strike up a bit more banter??? I played future guy a few times yesterday and out of everyone in the league hes the only one ive heard on the mic. Possibly create another league just so we dont have to go adding all the people to our friends list where its set to play each team something like 5 times but just play the games as friendlies just to chat and get the banter going.
    Future guy i posted this a page or 2 back, any thoughts on it and the possibility of setting it up?

• Advertisement

Future guy i posted this a page or 2 back, any thoughts on it and the possibility of setting it up?

Think this is a good idea! I dunno about setting up a separate league though, you never know whether you would actually be invited to a game in the proper league unless you picked different teams and stuff.

Theres loads of times I just want to arse around and play a few quick unranked games rather than dive into a 14min long battle

Think this is a good idea! I dunno about setting up a separate league though, you never know whether you would actually be invited to a game in the proper league unless you picked different teams and stuff.

Theres loads of times I just want to arse around and play a few quick unranked games rather than dive into a 14min long battle

I was thinking more along the lines that this would run for a week or two before the league started and only on certain nights so that we could have a bit of banter pre season. Then when the real league starts just shut the friendly one

I was thinking more along the lines that this would run for a week or two before the league started and only on certain nights so that we could have a bit of banter pre season. Then when the real league starts just shut the friendly one

+1 from me so!!!

Sorry for not replying...I agree 100%. I like having a chat, but my game goes to the dogs when I do, so a friendly night would be a laugh!

Sorry for not replying...I agree 100%. I like having a chat, but my game goes to the dogs when I do, so a friendly night would be a laugh!

Playing & talking is usually a big distraction for me, I get confused between the music coming from the pc, the persons voice, thinking of an answer and playing the game.

I might break out the mighty Sheffield Wednesday or Reading for this friendly league for the laugh :D:D:D:D:D

endakenny (Bonkers) lives!!!!! Please feel free to PM Endakenny if you haven't played him yet!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055446458

Is he still in the league at this stage, ie can we play our games against him?

EDIT:

I see you posted elsewhere hes not in the league nor is Lenigma and Stevo so do we get walkovers against them?

I'll decide everything on Friday. I'm considering giving everyone a walkover against Enda, but not with other two.

I'll decide everything on Friday. I'm considering giving everyone a walkover against Enda, but not with other two.

Have some people got to play the other 2 tho? That would be a bit unfair to those of us that havent got to play them since its not our fault we cant play them.

Have some people got to play the other 2 tho? That would be a bit unfair to those of us that havent got to play them since its not our fault we cant play them.

I know, and I am doing the best I can. EndaKenny was useless and would probably finish last. This is why I'm thinking of giving everyone a walkover. The other two were good players and it would be unfair to the people who beat them to give everyone a win.

Axwell, I consider you a special situation and I will be fair when dealing with you and your results. What is your current record?

• Advertisement

Enda Kenny was missing and doing absolutely feck all for the past while, but now he's back, eh? Seems familiar. Must be an election on the horizon.

What is your current record?

Good question, i tried to keep track of most of my results so its something along the lines of

P W D L F A
    15 7 5 3 32 36 (god damn that 11-0 beating)

With 6 people i cant play cos i replaced Soby and 4 games left to play.
    3 of which are no longer possible so i have just Batesy left to play

Good question, i tried to keep track of most of my results so its something along the lines of

P W D L F A
    15 7 5 3 32 36 (god damn that 11-0 beating)

With 6 people i cant play cos i replaced Soby and 4 games left to play.
    3 of which are no longer possible so i have just Batesy left to play

Sounds like Premiership form to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Is there going to be a separate league for new players then?

Also, anyone up for some frendlies tonight i'll prob be online. (Gamertag: kilamangiro)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I'll play if there's any places left

Gamertag: Antamojo
    Skill Level: Intermediate

Cheers

Keep the applications coming for season 2 whether or not you are an existing player!

Id like to apply for season 2!

Gamertag:G M E 27
    Skill:Intermediate

Just 2 questions. Do league matches count as ranked or unranked matches and is Adidas live enabled or disabled when playing in a league match?

Cheers!

Id like to apply for season 2!

Gamertag:G M E 27
    Skill:Intermediate

Just 2 questions. Do league matches count as ranked or unranked matches and is Adidas live enabled or disabled when playing in a league match?

Cheers!

Pretty sure I played against you in the Championship only clubs, boards league for Fifa 08.

They count as unranked matches and Addias live season isn't enabled as far as I know.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Pretty sure I played against you in the Championship only clubs, boards league for Fifa 08.

They count as unranked matches and Addias live season isn't enabled as far as I know.

Ye I was Sheffield United but that league fell apart quickly! That's why I was a bit reluctant to join a 09 league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

Futureguy, dont know if you got my pm because i sent it from my phone and they only send about half of the time. If you didnt get it, count me in for season 2 please, GT is greenhawk 88.

Advertisement