Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    Right long story short, madness has decended on my life and will continue for the next week or so with work and personal stuff, so I am looking for a volunteer to compile a list of results that have not been compiled. Once done, I'll try and get an hour in later and compile the league tables.

I see that Valencia have been slow in playing, I will deal with this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Right long story short, madness has decended on my life and will continue for the next week or so with work and personal stuff, so I am looking for a volunteer to compile a list of results that have not been compiled. Once done, I'll try and get an hour in later and compile the league tables.

I see that Valencia have been slow in playing, I will deal with this.

I'm already on top of it dude! :cool:

Mr Moon wrote: »

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Get a room...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Juve, Fiorentina and Everton around tonight? I wanna get my 3 games played and catch up. I always seem to have less games played than everyone else but probably online the most!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Does nobody else think that in a friendly league these games should just be replayed, especially considering he was ahead in both of them. Seems a little harsh

Seems not Bubs, thanks anyways. You going to be around tonight for our game??

I *may* change my mind on this next season, but as for this season, it complicates things that I was one of the people that benefited from his misfortune.

It absolutely sucks, but I have to let things stand for this season. :(

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Juve, Fiorentina and Everton around tonight? I wanna get my 3 games played and catch up. I always seem to have less games played than everyone else but probably online the most!!

I need to play Juve and Fioerntina tonight, need wins to save my season :rolleyes:

I *may* change my mind on this next season, but as for this season, it complicates things that I was one of the people that benefited from his misfortune.

It absolutely sucks, but I have to let things stand for this season. :(

It sucks big time to be honest and I can understand your reason for not wanting to, but in the case of Moon he is one of my main competitors and I was 2-0 up against him. In the case of someone already losing their match and then dropping out I would say its fine and the rule should apply but when you are winning 2-0 against someone and then it happens not alone does it suck and ruin your league chances but it also gives the other person 3 points that they in no way earned, and when they are one of your main competitors for a place in the league thats even more annoying. While you did benefit from it you are further down the league, this result for Moon keeps him in contention when he was losing the match 2-0, instead getting 3 points and keeping him up there with Richie. While it effectively ends my chances it keeps his alive.

I know Axwell, it is rediculous, but I know you understand. Just came into my head...what if the same thing happens with less honest players. Player A disconects while 2-0 up and asks for rematch. Player B agrees, but while losing 2-0 next game, he disconnects and asks for HIS rematch.

Gray areas FTL :(

• Advertisement

I know Axwell, it is rediculous, but I know you understand. Just came into my head...what if the same thing happens with less honest players. Player A disconects while 2-0 up and asks for rematch. Player B agrees, but while losing 2-0 next game, he disconnects and asks for HIS rematch.

Gray areas FTL :(

Ya i understand all the possibilities regarding abusing it, it just makes the league results and standings an unfair representation of things considering. Like i said effectively at this early stage it ends my league as its 6 points i dont have which i more than likely would have the way both matches were going and keeps Moon up there in contention when he was well on the way to losing the game. I understand what your saying but just feel it puts a dampner on the league from my persepctive. As you say there are grey areas and no way to prove xyz.

Right OK, I want to hear everyones position on the rematch situation...

1) Under what circumstances should people be allowed to replay a game? Only when they are ahead perhaps?

Player A disconects while 2-0 up and asks for rematch. Player B agrees, but while losing 2-0 next game, he disconnects and asks for HIS rematch.

Wait, I might be missing something, but if you disconnect/get disconnected while your losing a game and ask for a rematch, you should get a big "fcuk you", no?

As in, if your winning the game by 2-0, you'd want to be clinically retarded to intentionally turn off your 360 and lose your two goal lead and potentially have your opponent not agree to a rematch. That was by thinking behind asking for this originally. If you winning, (say by 2 for example) and you get disconnected, you can ask for a rematch, otherwise you can suck on some chocolate salty balls.

If you winning, (say by 2 for example) and you get disconnected, you can ask for a rematch, otherwise you can suck on some chocolate salty balls.

Have to say that actually did make me lol :D

As Richie pointed out, someone asking for a rematch when losing, or cos they got disconnected when losing i think should be a no as they have everything to gain from getting a rematch in the hope of turning things around. If you are winning you arent just going to drop out.

Axwell wrote: »

As Richie pointed out, someone asking for a rematch when losing, or cos they got disconnected when losing i think should be a no as they have everything to gain from getting a rematch in the hope of turning things around. If you are winning you arent just going to drop out.

Drawing or losing -> Ask for a rematch -> Go fck yourself

Winning -> You'd want to be retarded to turn off your 360 and give up your lead without your opponent deserving it, unless your retarded. We could say you have to be winning by two, incase someone thinks they are winning right now but will lose the game overall and is willing to take their chances.

(Axwell possibly just turned off his 360 intentionally - sorry, I've gone the whole day without having a cheap pop at someone. ;) )

TBH, we all know by now who has possibly dodgy connections/HDD, so if a load of problems spring up now, alarm bells are going to be fcking ringing all over the shop.

The EA servers have been dodgy recently though, as in we seen the problems Moz/Sparky and those lads were having, getting randomly dumped out of games before a ball has been kicked. I'd hate the idea of a 3-0 loss without even kicking a damn ball, and possibly losing the league/some positions in the league, over it.

If you get cut off while winning a game, its punishment enough to lose the lead. Don't cut of his testicles aswell by giving a 3-0 loss. Just MHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

A bit of common sense is needed here.

What player in their right mind would disconnect when 2-0 up? Absolutely nobody. A rematch should take place here starting from 0-0. Afterall the player was winning 2-0 and was 'most likely' going to go on and win the game. The player that was losing 2-0 doesn't deserve the 3 points!

A rematch is the fairest way to resolve as at least from 0-0 the player that was winning the original game 2-0 has a chance to win the game instead of forfeiting the 3 points and the player that was losing 2-0 gets a great chance to win the game as the 2 goals he conceded are wiped clean.

If a player was losing 2 nil and got disconnected then the result should stand as he was 'most likely' to lose the game anyway.

They're my thoughts anyways.

"but dude, I just let you replay when you disconnected, why won't you let me replay when I got dosconnected?!?" This will happen.

"but dude, I just let you replay when you disconnected, why won't you let me replay when I got dosconnected?!?" This will happen.

Yes but if they are winning at the time then surely its a legit disconnect, if they drop out cos they are losing and ask for their rematch then they were losing so its a no rematch anyways. They arent going to drop out when winning on purpose, if they are losing then the 3-0 still is in favour of the person who was winning.

Regarding asking for a rematch after disconnecting while ahead...

Player A (top of the league) beats Player B 8-0 earlier in the season. He is 1-0 up in the second game later in the season, but missed 5-6 glorious chances and should be at least 5-0 up. Looking like goal difference will be crucial to the outcome of the league. Knowing this, he disconnects and asks for a rematch (hes ahead when he "disconnects", after all). Player B obliges and player A wins the rematch 9-0, thus gtting the goal difference he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Think you may be over-thinking it a tad FuturGuy.

Are the lads in our league really that devious?!

I just know that if I was losing 2 nil but got awarded a 3-0 win for a disconnect I would'nt feel right taking the 3 points. I'd offer the re-match every time.

• Advertisement

Regarding asking for a rematch after disconnecting while ahead...

Player A (top of the league) beats Player B 8-0 earlier in the season. He is 1-0 up in the second game later in the season, but missed 5-6 glorious chances and should be at least 5-0 up. Looking like goal difference will be crucial to the outcome of the league. Knowing this, he disconnects and asks for a rematch (hes ahead when he "disconnects", after all). Player B obliges and player A wins the rematch 9-0, thus gtting the goal difference he needs.

Thats a very specific case right down to the last day of the league you are looking at tho FG. As it is your giving Moon the 3 points and letting him keep in contention with Richie even though he was losing the game meaning in the end he could win the league ahead of Richie while actually having technically lost our game if the game had finished, so is it any better this way?

Batesy wrote: »

Are the lads in our league really that devious?!

I just know that if I was losing 2 nil but got awarded a 3-0 win for a disconnect I would'nt feel right taking the 3 points. I'd offer the re-match every time.

I'd trust anyone in our league not to abuse this, but I need to apply a set of rules that will work when the league is so large that I don't know everyone so well.

Guys, I'm all for making a change to the league rules if the vast majority of players want something changed. If people want to be allowed to replay games when they disconnect when ahead, then we'll do that. In fact, I completely agree with such a change! I just want to create a set of rules that do not allow anyone to screw the system over.

Well as im the person in question im obviously going to want the change, but my reasoning would be that if you are winning you wouldnt disconnect simple as. If you are losing and it happens then you are losing and thats it, even if its only 10 minutes into the game when it happens that way there is no comeback for a losing player looking for a rematch causing your suggested issues with people trying their luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Giving players who have known problems with there connections a limited number of replays during the season that might be a way of fixing this and if it happens more often, really the person shouldn't be in the league cuz the default results will ruin it. But it should only apply when that persons winning!!!!!!!!!!!

But it still relies on people being honest about it

Batesy wrote: »

Exactly. Lay down the rules and agree them with the majority, if you losing or drawing and it happens, go kiss me dirty bollocks. If your winning (by two???) then you can ask for a rematch.

If you're worried about goal difference, then playoff for top spot if two people are tied on points. I think your over complicating things. We can work everything out with common sense at the time. Nobody here is stupid and I guarantee I'll spot anything foul in less than half a second and flag it.

I don't think that your man's suggestion about giving people with dodgy connections (ie: Me and Axwell) a limited number of rematch options would be fair on everyone else. One rule for all. You either bring it in fully or fck it out the window altogether.

We know who the lads who have the dodgy connections are anyways..

The following 2 games will replayed.

Manchester City v Lyon
    Manchester City v Everton

The following 2 games will replayed.

Manchester City v Lyon
    Manchester City v Everton

Good stuff lads. FG, would it be possible to have a thread stickyied which has:

Full list of rules such as no dirty last man tackles, no quitting games, if you sign up for the league if you dont finish your games you'll be raped (well, at least not invited back - that will have to do I guess). The rules about this whole rematch if your winning thing, fair play league, no being a dirty ba$tard and fouling left, right and center.

Basically a thread packed with everything someone should read before they join. Would be a good idea. If it wasn't a sticky, it would get lost pretty quickly.

FG, would it be possible to have a thread stickyied which has:

Good idea, "going forward" this would be a great idea for later seasons and other competitions. :p

Good stuff lads. FG, would it be possible to have a thread stickyied which has:

Full list of rules such as no dirty last man tackles, no quitting games, if you sign up for the league if you dont finish your games you'll be raped (well, at least not invited back - that will have to do I guess). The rules about this whole rematch if your winning thing, fair play league, no being a dirty ba$tard and fouling left, right and center.

Basically a thread packed with everything someone should read before they join. Would be a good idea. If it wasn't a sticky, it would get lost pretty quickly.

I was half way through this last week but this week is very busy. I'll definately get this finished!

• Advertisement

Good idea, "going forward" this would be a great idea for later seasons and other competitions. :p

Lol thats the buzz word in work meetings this week

Advertisement