Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mr Moon wrote: »
    So your master plan was an epic fail :D

I'll be on after the match, then we can play some club games!!

Nah not really I still have Jo (was beating you 2-0 on his own last time if you recall :D)

Catch ya later

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've tried out Jo, he's useless, you'll have to deal with Saha and the Yak!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

In game quote:

"Ah for fcuk sakes" - this was when Jo scored his first goal
    "Jo's not that good is he?...various mumbled words" - Jo scores his second goal easily by passing the traffic cones known as the Everton defence :D

As for Sarah and Pekaboo they were in Micah Richards pocket for the 40 odd minutes we played last time and shall remain so this time!!

*note the above is to hype this up as we have already done, whoever wins will no doubt have bragging rights and use a font about 10 times this size to declare their victory in the colour of their choice!!

Axwell wrote: »
    In game quote:

"Ah for fcuk sakes" - this was when Jo scored his first goal
    "Jo's not that good is he?...various mumbled words" - Jo scores his second goal easily by passing the traffic cones known as the Everton defence :D

As for Sarah and Pekaboo they were in Micah Richards pocket for the 40 odd minutes we played last time and shall remain so this time!!

*note the above is to hype this up as we have already done, whoever wins will no doubt have bragging rights and use a font about 10 times this size to declare their victory in the colour of their choice!!

You had two shots at goal both by lucky Jo, and before you turned off your machine and pretended you had a disc read error on your HDD, I was all over you!!!! :D
    *May the best console win :p

You had two shots at goal both by lucky Jo, and before you turned off your machine and pretended you had a disc read error on your HDD, I was all over you!!!! :D
    *May the best console win :p

If they were lucky which they werent, you would think you would have learnt after the first one to watch out for him, not like you can miss him hes about 7ft tall with a pineapple for hair. Ya i should have just left my console on since i was kicking your ass anyways but i was getting bored running around your cardboard cut out players.

• Advertisement

If they were lucky which they werent, you would think you would have learnt after the first one to watch out for him, not like you can miss him hes about 7ft tall with a pineapple for hair. Ya i should have just left my console on since i was kicking your ass anyways but i was getting bored running around your cardboard cut out players.

When did you put that in your signature?? :D

When did you put that in your signature?? :D

What..oh that little thing, oh thats been there years..like even before boards existed :D

Took you long enough to notice!!:p

*bout 5 posts ago lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Feed the Yak, feed the Yak, feed the Yak and he will miss! Feed the Yak and he will miss!

I'd say get a hard challenge in with Richard Dunne (as Souness described him earlier - he's a big unit!) and that will be the end of Louis. Poor old Saha will tear a hamstring just thinking about running out on the pitch.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Feed the Yak, feed the Yak, feed the Yak and he will miss! Feed the Yak and he will miss!

I'd say get a hard challenge in with Richard Dunne (as Souness described him earlier - he's a big unit!) and that will be the end of Louis. Poor old Saha will tear a hamstring just thinking about running out on the pitch.

The prophet Richie has spoken..

Cough* :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59001932&postcount=249

I'll be away till Monday, I can play my next fixtures and FA Cup match when I get back!! Went on looking for Liverpool and didn't find him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Still have to play Garball, Richie and Bubs. And Knackerdwarf but obviously its out of his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Moiph wrote: »
    Still have to play Garball, Richie and Bubs. And Knackerdwarf but obviously its out of his hands.

I think i have to play you in the FA Cup. Dont think I'll be on over wkd, might be Monday night before i get back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Played RichieMUFC last night in the pre-season league. Tight game till the substitutions.....then richie decided to go invisible and score!! Very funny to see the ball just floating around and not so funny to see it go in the net!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Reganovski wrote: »
    Played RichieMUFC last night in the pre-season league. Tight game till the substitutions.....then richie decided to go invisible and score!! Very funny to see the ball just floating around and not so funny to see it go in the net!! :D

Whats the story with that? It happened to me in a Ranked game too...

It also happened playing a friend in an unranked game, none of his players were visible at kick off, and then they slowly appeared one by one:confused:

I had a 6ft 4, invisble giant.... I was happy with the finish for the first goal, he literally drove it right up under the joint in the goal and the ball just stuck up there for a second and then dropped from a tight angle.

Best...substitution...ever. He scored within about 20 seconds, althought the invisibility might take a little away from that fact! :)

I sometimes have to wait to take kick off, because the opposition players appear invisible and pop up 1 by 1....this happens regularly though. Thankfully its only for a few seconds, and I can delay the kick off. Otherwise that'd be a real problem.

Had 3 tight games against Kirk The Dog, neilHimself, and Reganovski... if only I could transfer my pre-season form to the Premiership... it was very difficult to deal with Torres up front against Kirk The Dog, he's Usain Bolt and my defenders are McDonalds favourite customers!

he's Usain Bolt and my defenders are McDonalds favourite customers!

Complaining bout your defenders now? It was your strikers the other day :D

Indeed, it will be my midfielders next, because I've started playing my best midfielder in defense to make up for the defenses general sh!tness....

And don't even get me started on that retarded goalkeeper :D. He's as bad as Argentina's keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I'll be away till Monday, I can play my next fixtures and FA Cup match when I get back!! Went on looking for Liverpool and didn't find him!

Calm Down Calm Down
    Not that I am avoiding you until I find my mojo again or anything like that, but playing with a new Liverpool set up so I will be well ready by Monday night for the Merseyside Derby.

Indeed, it will be my midfielders next, because I've started playing my best midfielder in defense to make up for the defenses general sh!tness....

And don't even get me started on that retarded goalkeeper :D. He's as bad as Argentina's keeper!

Pity they didnt all play this crap when i was playing you in our league match!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Had 3 tight games against Kirk The Dog, neilHimself, and Reganovski... if only I could transfer my pre-season form to the Premiership... it was very difficult to deal with Torres up front against Kirk The Dog, he's Usain Bolt and my defenders are McDonalds favourite customers!

Torres is class in the game alright :D . Your right winger was a speed demon and seemed to end up with the ball after every tussle!

Just trying to get used of the new liverpool formation they have now after the update. Its more like that of the real life formation with gerrard behind Torres. Was kind of used to having Babel as my second striker though :(

Wish the formations would go across into leagues aswell cuz it takes time to adjust when your back with robbie keane upfront!

Least it doesnt take me an age to sub in the likes of aurelio and alonso into the team.

Really looking forward to the qualifying for season 3 starting. Tested out Man City last night and scored in the 90th min with my second ever free kick with Robinho :pac:

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Torres is class in the game alright :D . Your right winger was a speed demon and seemed to end up with the ball after every tussle!

Used to have him up front, but he can't shoot, which is always a problem for a striker. Actually, my left winger is technically quicker than my right one, but my left winger seems like he is carrying weights in his pockets, because there is no way he is faster!

joe123 wrote: »
    Tested out Man City last night and scored in the 90th min with my second ever free kick with Robinho :pac:

I play as City and use Jo and Benjani up front, Robinho on the left, Philips on the right, Petrov LM and Elano RM - works a charm. Obviously when they sort out the update you wont have Jo but for no use him. Give that a go and see how you get on. I use custom tactics too which i think is a must in these league to be able to get the best out of your team.

Robinho on the left, Philips on the right, Petrov LM and Elano RM - works a charm.

So you play four wingers, eh? :p

So you play four wingers, eh? :p

Yup, their stats are better than the likes of Ireland when its the default squads, i sometimes play Ireland but i prefer having Petrov there for the rebounds and shots outside the box aswell. Its a waste sticking Robinho up front when you have Benjani and Jo who are strong up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Alright lads, I have replaced Knackerdwarf in the Premier League. I have added you all as friends as I have a lot of games to catch up on now. I will be online most of this weekend and will get through as many as I can.

Xbox tag is DufflecoatXbox.

Cheers..

Sounds ill be around later, ive to play you in the league and the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Sounds ill be around later, ive to play you in the league and the cup

Yeah I'll be on for the whole evening tonight....We should be able to get both matches outta the way...

How about having no fixtures next week so everyone can catch up? I dunno about everyone else, but....

I've to play Lyon, Fiorentina, Juve, Cit-eh, Roma.... I seem to be doing nothing only playing league games, but I've still got a huge backlog.

Oh, and Atletico in the cup! If any of ye are online this week, send me an invite.

I'd welcome a weeks break to catch up anyways...

+1 from me, I've 5 league games and a cup game to catch up on. Im sure it would help people catch up playing Dufflecoat too and give him a chance to get through his games aswell. If everyone made sure to get their cup game and league games out of the way by then we could continue on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I was going to let people take a break once we had 11 games played but decided to keep going.

Maybe next week, there will just be the next cup game.

We will see how everyone is at the end of the week.

Advertisement