Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Futureguy,

just wondering is the league now over and are you puttin up the team selection order today along with a finalised version of the league table from Season 1?

Cheers

Edit:

Scrap that question seen your other post

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LIST OF RETURNING PLAYERS FOR BOARDS SEASON 2

I am delighted to welcome the following 20 players to Fifa 2009 Boards.ie Season 2.

Boards Name: CKWPORT
    Gamertag:The Batman IRL

Boards Name: Y2J_MUFC
    Gamertag: RichieMUFC

Boards Name: moz
    Gamertag: livelyjojo

Boards Name:Rainyface
    Gamertag: Rainyface

Boards Name: Sparky360
    Gamertag: The Dunne

Boards Name: vinyljunkie
    Gamertag: seany834

Boards Name: King Nothing (Will be changed soon to Deliverance XXV)
    Gamertag: Deliverance XXV

Boards Name:Axwell
    Gamertag:Irish Wolverine

Boards Name: Bubs101
    Gamertag: Bubs180

Boards Name:Mr Moon
    Gamertag J DigitalMoose

Boards Name:Mister Robinson
    Gamertag:Mister Robanson

Boards Name: mika27
    Gamertag: R0nBurgundee

Boards Name: Gaz15
    Gamertag:Marshjem

Boards Name: Moiph
    Gamertag: BassmanMurph85

Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamertag: Bennycon

Boards Name: keen
    Gamertag: MackerelMan

Boards Name: Reganovski
    Gamertag: Reganovski

Boards Name: Batesy
    Gamertag: BATESY2007

Boards Name: Skippy 65
    Gamertag: GREENHAWK 88.

Boards Name: m83
    Gamertag: Knackerdwarf

If you are not on the list, you have either not applied or have been omitted due to poor spotsmanship. The people that have been omitted due to sportsmanship issues have been told of this fact, so if your name is still missing, let me know asap. I'm pretty sure I have everyone listed.

I will send the password via PM soon. This password is private and is not to be given to anyone else.

New players, I will be running a mini-league starting very soon, so please keep an eye-out for announcements on this thread.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nice one Futureguy, looking forward to getting back into this. Any update on picking teams etc?

I'm working on it tonight. Obviously, the league table is not 100% accurate so I have to be a small bit flexible with people.

The current plan is as follows.

Assign the 19 players a ranking based on performance in Season 1 (we may get 1 or 2 more returning players).

Divide the 19 into groups of 4. The first group will consist of the bottom 4 players. I will ask them to pick their top 3 team choices and PM them back to me. The bottom player on the list will get their first pick, and I will work back to the fourth player on the list. Once the teams are assigned, I will post the team selections on this boards, and we will do the same for the next group of 4 players. This will continue until all teams have been assigned. This will speed up the process.

The teams will be assigned in the following order...

Season 1 players assigned to Championship
    New players assigned to Championship
    Season 1 players assigned to Premiership
    New players assigned to Premiership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Hey, i was wondering - if its not too late can i join the mini-league to try and get into the championship and hopefully work my way up to the Premier League?? I only saw this thread now :(

My GT is SuperChambo if anyone wants a friendly or anything!!

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm working on it tonight.

Sounds good, looking forward to it and seeing how it all pans out.

Cheers

I'll be creating a mini-league tonight for all NEW PLAYERS and will be posting the password Friday. The minileague will last for 1 week. Players will be assigned to one of the main divisions, subject to the usual fair play rules.

By the way, if we have an odd number of returning players, more players will be assigned to the Premier League. At the moment, the top 10 will go to the Premiership and the remaining 9 will be in the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Looks good FutureGuy!!!

Your doing a great job of it!

Looking forward to getting stuck into season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Looks good FutureGuy!!!

Your doing a great job of it!

Looking forward to getting stuck into season 2

Yeah well done Futureguy.

I must admit I'm a little confused about how you're setting up the leagues but I'm sure it will work out alright.

Am looking forward to getting back into it in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Hi FutureGuy, just been reading trough the thread and I have to say I'm impressed with your running of this :). Fair play to ya. ;) hope it goes well for all involved, I may be back in a few months to join in, just need to get fit first :D...

All the best :)

moz wrote: »
    Yeah well done Futureguy.

I must admit I'm a little confused about how you're setting up the leagues but I'm sure it will work out alright.

Am looking forward to getting back into it in the new year.

Sorry, I'll try to explain things a bit better.

We have 19 returning players and approx 12 new players for season 2. We know the skills of the season 1 players, but we know nothing about the skills (or more importantly, the sportsmanship of the new players). In order to determine this, I am going to run a 1-week league starting Friday. Only new players may enter.

At the end of this league, the new players will be assigned to either the Premiership or the Championship. They will join the 19 players from season 1 who will also be assigned to the league.

So, we will have about 16 players in the Premiership, comprised of 10 of the 19 from season 1 and about 6 of the new players. Likewise, the Championship will be comprised of 9 season 1 players and about 7 new players.

In each league, the Season 1 players will get first choice, folloed by the new players.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Sorry, I'll try to explain things a bit better.

We have 19 returning players and approx 12 new players for season 2. We know the skills of the season 1 players, but we know nothing about the skills (or more importantly, the sportsmanship of the new players). In order to determine this, I am going to run a 1-week league starting Friday. Only new players may enter.

At the end of this league, the new players will be assigned to either the Premiership or the Championship. They will join the 19 players from season 1 who will also be assigned to the league.

So, we will have about 16 players in the Premiership, comprised of 10 of the 19 from season 1 and about 6 of the new players. Likewise, the Championship will be comprised of 9 season 1 players and about 7 new players.

In each league, the Season 1 players will get first choice, folloed by the new players.

Ahh right. Thanks dude, that's a whole lot clearer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Hello everyone,

It has come to my attention that I have been red flagged as a dirty player from BQL Season 1. To those of you out there who felt hard done by when playing me I would like to say I am sorry. I have expressed this apologetic message to Futureuy in several lengthy PM's.

In my defence I did not realise I was causing such a problem to players and had I been aware of the distress I was causing I would have immediately cleaned up my game but this was not to be the case. Furthermore I did not willingly take out players at critical times in the game when they were closing in on the keeper. Mostly I lashed out when being heavily defeated. But less of the excuses, what's done is done and I apologise for it.

I would ask that you see fit to give me a second chance because I know for a fact that I can change. I have put it to Futureguy that if there is one single complaint against me that I be banished from the league, no questions asked.

By letting me join Season 2 you will get a player who will play all his games in a timely fashion (26 games played in Season 1), nearly always with a headset for a friendly chat and one who will not play dirty under any circumstances.

Regards,
    m83 - "Knackerdwarf"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

m83 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

It has come to my attention that I have been red flagged as a dirty player from BQL Season 1. To those of you out there who felt hard done by when playing me I would like to say I am sorry. I have expressed this apologetic message to Futureuy in several lengthy PM's.

In my defence I did not realise I was causing such a problem to players and had I been aware of the distress I was causing I would have immediately cleaned up my game but this was not to be the case. Furthermore I did not willingly take out players at critical times in the game when they were closing in on the keeper. Mostly I lashed out when being heavily defeated. But less of the excuses, what's done is done and I apologise for it.

I would ask that you see fit to give me a second chance because I know for a fact that I can change. I have put it to Futureguy that if there is one single complaint against me that I be banished from the league, no questions asked.

By letting me join Season 2 you will get a player who will play all his games in a timely fashion (26 games played in Season 1), nearly always with a headset for a friendly chat and one who will not play dirty under any circumstances.

Regards,
    m83 - "Knackerdwarf"

I only played you last week man and had no complaints at all. (Liverpool v Inter)
    Was a great game in which I was winning 1-0 with 3 mins to go and you beat me 1-2. Sick I was.

I for one would welcome you into season 2 but I know it's not up to me.

Hello everyone,

Regards,
    m83 - "Knackerdwarf"

I had no problems when playing you IIRC.

And even if I did, I think that you should be given another chance for coming on here and apologising. As long as you wear an "unclean" or Rangers shirt for a week as punishment :p

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Hello everyone,

Regards,
    m83 - "Knackerdwarf"

It's a pity the reigning champion of boards league won't be playing next season but feels good to retire with a 100% leagues won record!! :D

Best of luck organising it Futureguy. You seem like a nice fella and you obviously put a lot of hard work into it.

Signing off
    Undefeated champion - Mordant Shaun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Any hope of me joining? I won't be the best for sure but will play all the games anyways.
    SeanMeisterSa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

moz wrote: »
    As long as you wear an "unclean" or Rangers shirt for a week as punishment :p

Ah now, lets not do anything too hasty now!!!!!! j/k

That was the funniest thing I've read for quite a while!!

List of players returning from season 1 updated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 dolalu

Hi future Guy if im not too late i would like to join the prelim league for new players. i will PM you with my gamertag etc.

just as a matter of interest, what is the avr age of the guys playing? im an older gamer and dont know if my arthritis can cope with the young ones!

I'd say the average is 25-ish!

INFORMATION FOR NEW PLAYERS JOINING

Because of the amount of new players asking to join, a new qualifier will begin very shortly (Almost certainly this Friday and will last about a week). I will post the details later today along with the password. The rules are as follows...

-You may choose any European club team, and teams are not unique. So pick the team you use regularly and give it your best.

-Once registered, do not play any other player until the all players are signed up, or until I give the word. This should be this weekend.

-Each player will play each other once.

-Don't bother wasting my (and other players) time if you are going to be playing like an ass, taking out the last man, quitting games or have intentions of giving up the league if you suffer a few losses. If I find any reason to believe you are going to be a problem, you wont be invited back. I don't care if you win the league, if you an ass, you won't be invited. Simple as.

-If you have a problem with a player, PM me with details. It's confidential and is the easiest way to stop a problem player getting into the main league.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

cadogs wrote: »
    It's a pity the reigning champion of boards league won't be playing next season but feels good to retire with a 100% leagues won record!! :D

Best of luck organising it Futureguy. You seem like a nice fella and you obviously put a lot of hard work into it.

Signing off
    Undefeated champion - Mordant Shaun

Did I not beat you 5-0?

gaz15 wrote: »
    Did I not beat you 5-0?

Well, yes you did!

But i was referring to being unbeaten in terms of leagues competed in and leagues won. Sorry for quitting out on you again that game man but the devil heineken took over my brain!

Any upate on the rankings etc yet futureguy? Itching to get playing this again to be honest with the holidays still in swing etc

I'm sitting here with a calculator and about 6 sheets of A4 with notes on it trying to work it out at the moment. If I post something, it wont be the final list as I am still waiting to see if we have any more returning players. I'd hate to post a list of people that are going to the Premiership, and then to find out that a top player is returning, thus shafting theone of the list back to the Championship!

I can't believe as well that i was told i wouldn't be allowed back in the league anyway had i not retired and Knackerdwarf is in next season after getting about 10 red cards and quitting out loads!!!:mad:

Out of 25 odd games i had 3 reds (one of which was a tcakle from behind!!!!!) and i quit out once regretfully when i was pissed, other than those incidents i'm sure everyone here would testify that i was a fair player!!

cadogs wrote: »
    I can't believe as well that i was told i wouldn't be allowed back in the league anyway had i not retired and Knackerdwarf is in next season after getting about 10 red cards and quitting out loads!!!:mad:

Out of 25 odd games i had 3 reds (one of which was a tcakle from behind!!!!!) and i quit out once regretfully when i was pissed, other than those incidents i'm sure everyone here would testify that i was a fair player!!

If you have retired anyways what does it matter why are you going on about it?

• Advertisement

Firstly, he did not quit loads. Secondly, he apologised for his behavior to all the players and thats the reason he's being left back in.

If you want to air dirty laundry, then so be it. He never took out the last man, and you did. I was one on one with your keeper and you made 2 rediculous tackles to stop me from equalising. And lots of players complained about you in the same way. And you also quit games. You also have a DNF of 16-17% so you cannot talk.

Quite frankly, you were a poor sport through alot of the league and you're not shy about letting everyone know just how good a player you are.

I was quite happy to let you "retire" gracefully, and move on.

Advertisement