Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Firstly, he did not quit loads. Secondly, he apologised for his behavior to all the players and thats the reason he's being left back in.

If you want to air dirty laundry, then so be it. He never took out the last man, and you did. I was one on one with your keeper and you made 2 rediculous tackles to stop me from equalising. And lots of players complained about you in the same way. And you also quit games. You also have a DNF of 16-17% so you cannot talk.

Quite frankly, you were a poor sport through alot of the league and you're not shy about letting everyone know just how good a player you are.

I was quite happy to let you "retire" gracefully, and move on.

Ya, you seemed to mention that i tried to take you out twice!! You must have been on the ol sherry that night futureguy cos that didn't happen!

I have a DNF of 16% cos i used suffer from a poor connection until i upgraded so don't give me that ****!

And no, i'm not shy about letting people know how good i am, but what this league suffers from badly is a bit of banter and that will be it's shortcoming!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

cadogs wrote: »
    other than those incidents i'm sure everyone here would testify that i was a fair player!!

Is this your own personal belief or are you that confident in everyone elses opinion of you in the league, i think your ego is getting the better of you. You retired from the league so why are you still here going on about it and not being invited back in.

The league was has been very successful so far and banter will in no way be an issue, people dont talk during their games as they are concentrating, the banter happens on here and if we have friendly nights there wont be any issues over banter either. I think the league will manage just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can't wait to get into this :D

Axwell wrote: »
    Is this your own personal belief or are you that confident in everyone elses opinion of you in the league, i think your ego is getting the better of you. You retired from the league so why are you still here going on about it and not being invited back in.

The league was has been very successful so far and banter will in no way be an issue, people dont talk during their games as they are concentrating, the banter happens on here and if we have friendly nights there wont be any issues over banter either. I think the league will manage just fine.

Oh, trust me i don't want to be invited back in to the league!!

I believe though that the real reason i would have been omitted is because i was so good, and like Man Utd in real life, everybody hates the best!!! :pac:

And Futureguy, my DNF is actually 14% as opposed to Knackerdwarfs 17%. Thats all.

Enjoy the league gents! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I believe though that the real reason i would have been omitted is because i was so good, and like Man Utd in real life, everybody hates the best!!! :pac:

And Futureguy, my DNF is actually 14% as opposed to Knackerdwarfs 17%. Thats all.

Enjoy the league gents! :D

Id say its cos people think you have an ego, find you quite irritating and wouldnt want you back. Those people that you claim think you are a fair player and would want you back,you know all the others in the league you referred to as "little fannys". You keep comparing yourself to Man Utd and caressing your ego while we enjoy the league.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ya, you seemed to mention that i tried to take you out twice!! You must have been on the ol sherry that night futureguy cos that didn't happen!!

I kept notes for every player I played in the league, just for such an occasion. Here's yours, word for word..."Excellent player, probably best so far, but dirty tactics with taking the last man out. Berbatov clear on goal and he tried to take him out with 2 defenders while I was losing 2-1. Keep an eye on future incidences."

Heres the quote I posted here the day after our game (GW4)

Guys, don't think I wont omit unsporting people from future leagues who think they can get away with blatant attampts to take out the last man. I'll listen to both sides of each complaint, but when people are stupid enough to do it to me, they are looking for trouble. Take one of my recent games...

At a critical time in the game, not only does one of his defenders try to take me out, but a second one does aswell. It wasn't even a close thing. One on one with goal keeper and 2 defenders were 2-3 yards behind.

You know who you are. You have 3 other complaints against you. Cop on or look elsewhere next year.

I have a DNF of 16% cos i used suffer from a poor connection until i upgraded so don't give me that ****!!

I normally associate a DNF of 17% with a player such as you. I'll let everyone make up their own minds. One player gets the better of you and you quit out. Classy.
    And no, i'm not shy about letting people know how good i am, but what this league suffers from badly is a bit of banter and that will be it's shortcoming!

There is banter, and there is being an arrogant player who takes last men out and quits when in a losing position. The banter has been great so far, but please don't confuse banter with controversy.

It matters not, you're retired as Champion! Move on and find another league to play in.

Sums you up perfectly.

Sums you up perfectly.

Cheers kid, no harm in being a winner! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Cheers kid, no harm in being a winner! ;)

But there is harm in being a stuck up arsehole.

Exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I believe though that the real reason i would have been omitted is because i was so good, and like Man Utd in real life, everybody hates the best!!!

Love United, hate b!tches.

You don't deserve any more of a reply.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Love United, hate b!tches.

You don't deserve any more of a reply.

You've cut me deep dude!!!

It hurts even more coming from a man/boy that was scared to play me!! :pac:

You still here??:confused: Im pretty sure you said goodbye already..

Axwell wrote: »
    You still here??:confused: Im pretty sure you said goodbye already..

Out of interest, how much did i beat you? 10-0? 11-0?

11-0 - Out of interest what age are you? 7? 8? 9?

Your hanging round like a bad smell accept no one wants you in the league and move on, seen as your so good im sure you can find other leagues to play in and annoy people.

I'm sure if he posed a threat to you, you'd take his men out.

OK all, cadogs is not going to be in the league, so lets move on and enjoy next season. The list of returning players had been updated to include wandatowell (towellers) who I forgot to add and buth Garball and Towellers who I missed out! So 22 return to try to become the first official Premiership and Championship winners. The real league strats now! At the moment, that means 11 go to each league.

LIST OF RETURNING PLAYERS FOR BOARDS SEASON 2

I am delighted to welcome the following 22 players to Fifa 2009 Boards.ie Season 2.

Boards Name: CKWPORT
    Gamertag:The Batman IRL

Boards Name: Y2J_MUFC
    Gamertag: RichieMUFC

Boards Name: moz
    Gamertag: livelyjojo

Boards Name:Rainyface
    Gamertag: Rainyface

Boards Name: Sparky360
    Gamertag: The Dunne

Boards Name: vinyljunkie
    Gamertag: seany834

Boards Name: King Nothing (Will be changed soon to Deliverance XXV)
    Gamertag: Deliverance XXV

Boards Name:Axwell
    Gamertag:Irish Wolverine

Boards Name: Bubs101
    Gamertag: Bubs180

Boards Name:Mr Moon
    Gamertag J DigitalMoose

Boards Name:Mister Robinson
    Gamertag:Mister Robanson

Boards Name: mika27
    Gamertag: R0nBurgundee

Boards Name: Gaz15
    Gamertag:Marshjem

Boards Name: Moiph
    Gamertag: BassmanMurph85

Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamertag: Bennycon

Boards Name: keen
    Gamertag: MackerelMan

Boards Name: Reganovski
    Gamertag: Reganovski

Boards Name: Batesy
    Gamertag: BATESY2007

Boards Name: Skippy 65
    Gamertag: GREENHAWK 88.

Boards Name: m83
    Gamertag: Knackerdwarf

Boards Name: wandatowell
    Gamertag: towellers

Boards Name: garball
    Gamertag: garball1

If you are not on the list, you have either not applied or have been omitted due to poor spotsmanship. The people that have been omitted due to sportsmanship issues have been told of this fact, so if your name is still missing, let me know asap. I'm pretty sure I have everyone listed.

I will send the password via PM soon. This password is private and is not to be given to anyone else.

New players, I will be running a mini-league starting very soon, so please keep an eye-out for announcements on this thread.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha, Des Bishop has nothing on you, I'm scared to play you with your 100+ loses and getting beat 5-0 in the league by Marshjem. I think I just pissed myself, not in fear, but with laughter :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now its probably passed your bed time child, you'll probably have school in the morning. Your like the little kid in the corner that no one likes so he goes and talks smack online to make himself feel better.

Tired of your personal attacks, which have been numerous. Sticking you on ignore like the little b1tch you are, so I don't have to read your spam :D

Ta-ta "dude".

I hope, and think we only have fairly sound people left in the league now and we can get on with the new season. In the first season there was always going to be one spanner at least. Lookin' forward to the new season...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Cant wait for the new season myself, I really enjoyed the first one. Maybe we should all play a few friendlies while the new players are playing the qualifying league?

Yeah absolutely, i'll be on from about 5 today! Played 9 games last night, lost 1, won 2 and the opponent quit while I was wining in the other 6...it's fast becoming a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Nothing annoys me more than that. The worst is when you're winning and they quit in the 90th minute, thats just low..

FutureGuy any word on the mini-league? Im egging to get involved!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yeah absolutely, i'll be on from about 5 today! Played 9 games last night, lost 1, won 2 and the opponent quit while I was wining in the other 6...it's fast becoming a joke.

the most painful I have been experiencing is that even though I'm drubbing the opossition throughout the match they wait until the last minute to quit - just to be that extra bit of a dickhead

Moiph wrote: »
    Cant wait for the new season myself, I really enjoyed the first one. Maybe we should all play a few friendlies while the new players are playing the qualifying league?

I will be back online from Monday evening after work for some friendlies if anyone else is around!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Nothing annoys me more than that. The worst is when you're winning and they quit in the 90th minute, thats just low..

it's especially annoying when you're not awarded the victory automatically. That's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ill be on tonight

gametag Kromula

if anyone wants a few games.

And i dont quit no matter the score :)

Theres a thread dedicated to it...just join the league and get cracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hi FutureGuy,

When are you hoping to kick off Season 2? I am itching to get stuck into it.

Any update on choosing our teams yet too?

Thanks

Hi all.
    I'm going to post a quick update of proceedings. The second qualifying league is well underway, and everyone seems to be the type of player we want.

The new league runs until Friday evening. Once I have this completed, I will be able publish the final list of players, along with the order in which people can choose teams. This will happen before Saturday lunchtime.

Then comes the tricky part...the league will start once the team selection process is completed. This will be tough as I will need about 32 people to PM me back that weekend. The minute that is finished, I will create the fixture list using software and publish it!

I could allow the Season 1 championship players to choose their teams now, but it would give them an extra week to get familiar with their new team, which is a big advantage.

To appease people, I will create a mini-friendly league this evening. It will run for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

sorry lads, havent been playing at all yet, i will be on later this evening after 6, will anyone be around then?

event wrote: »
    sorry lads, havent been playing at all yet, i will be on later this evening after 6, will anyone be around then?

There is a separate thread for the new qualifying league, and thats where mst of the new players are arranging fixtures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sounds good FutureGuy
    I could allow the Season 1 championship players to choose their teams now, but it would give them an extra week to get familiar with their new team, which is a big advantage.

Oh yeah, allow us Championship players to pick our teams now, that would be great!

Advertisement