Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

creggy wrote: »
    Ah I'll wait next season, make things easier!

I dont expect people to play all games, I'm just looking for a good idea of skill levels. So if you can get 9-10 games done, then please join :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I could do that but how do you know if there other players are online etc? I'll join it now, screw it.

EDIT: Oh yeah I see now..Nobody is online gah, excuse my ignorance but, what does MGR mean?

It means the manager of the league :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Damn, my top two choices are gone :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Damn, my top two choices are gone :p

Nobody pick Barca...no body pick Barca damnit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lol, oh ye of little faith :p

Ah no, I have been running tournaments for years for various things so i'm well versed :)

We are close to 50 players so it's up to everyone to post their results in a timely manner or it makes my job impossible :(

No No, i have faith!
    Your doing a Great Job!

I hope to be on for a few friendlies tonight, the XBOX RROD'd yesterday but the towel trick got it back, so if its working when i get home, i'll be on!

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Nobody pick Barca...no body pick Barca damnit!

In a few days, you'll be saying..."Nobody pick Reading...no body pick Reading damnit!

In a few days, you'll be saying..."Nobody pick Reading...no body pick Reading damnit!

He beat me 3 -0 with Reading!

I think you should give him Leeds or some team as bad!!!:D

lol, unfortunately, this will probably be true!
    CKWPORT wrote: »
    He beat me 3 -0 with Reading!

Its not easy playing Inter vs Reading alright, lol. Don't worry, but the end of the transfer window all the smaller clubs will be well and truly raped of their good players which will add to the fun!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Please let me be ranked down the tables so i get a good team, damn Batesy being last that was my aim all season!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Is there a rankings table done out yet with the players from season 1 that are going onto season 2. Just want a heads up on when I am going to be called to pick Liverpool a team.

on page 13 or 14 of this thread it gives the names of the guys who can pick teams now!

Axwell wrote: »
    Please let me be ranked down the tables so i get a good team, damn Batesy being last that was my aim all season!! :D

I ranked you based on the games you actually played and not Sobys dismal record. If I remember correcly, you are about halfway in the picks...about 11-12 iifc.

bennyc wrote: »
    Is there a rankings table done out yet with the players from season 1 that are going onto season 2. Just want a heads up on when I am going to be called to pick Liverpool a team.

Give it a day or two, I think you are around midway too.

I ranked you based on the games you actually played and not Sobys dismal record. If I remember correcly, you are about halfway in the picks...about 11-12 iifc.

Ah dear god, put back in his dismal record so i can get a good team and dont be shafting me this season too!! :D

• Advertisement

Ah dear god, put back in his dismal record so i can get a good team and dont be shafting me this season too!! :D

Go away ya chancer ;)

Worth a try at least, hurry up and get the other teams picked so i see what shower of useless feckers i have to play with then..jeez :D

Worth a try at least, hurry up and get the other teams picked so i see what shower of useless feckers i have to play with then..jeez :D

And you think your team will be useless....lol, swap places?! :o

And you think your team will be useless....lol, swap places?! :o

Well thats your fault for wanting to win the league Richie isnt it :D you should have just played enough to be in the lower end of the premiership, got a good team and then walloped everyone this season.

Not having a 5 STAR team isnt gonna affect the top players much at all is it?

• Advertisement

Not having a 5 STAR team isnt gonna affect the top players much at all is it?

Nah not really, theres enough 4.5 star teams id say for everyone to get someone decent, its just trying to get a club your somewhat used to playing as i guess. But if all else is gone im gonna steal Reading on Richie so he has to use someone like Charlton :D

Well thats your fault for wanting to win the league Richie isnt it :D you should have just played enough to be in the lower end of the premiership, got a good team and then walloped everyone this season.

Hey shhhhh, you're ruining my plan!!! I didn't beat the top two players in the league and then loose to the manager for nothing you know!!! ;)

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Hey shhhhh, you're ruining my plan!!! I didn't beat the top two players in the league and then loose to the manager for nothing you know!!! ;)

Are you suggesting you offered favours and let people beat you to get a good team in this league?? Damn why didnt i think of that before!?? :D

Nah not really, theres enough 4.5 star teams id say for everyone to get someone decent, its just trying to get a club your somewhat used to playing as i guess. But if all else is gone im gonna steal Reading on Richie so he has to use someone like Charlton :D

lol, you fcuker!

I'd say there won't be enough 4 star teams to go around, if we have 44 players thats quite a lot. I'd say it will be low-to-mid premiership teams at best when you are the last pick.

Indeed Mr.Moon, how you didn't end up second or third I'll never know, highly suspicious. :p

I'm be getting vast quantities of lube ready for our next game...

By the sounds of it Mr Moon has a lot of stock in storage for such occasions

lol, you fcuker!

I'd say there won't be enough 4 star teams to go around, if we have 44 players thats quite a lot. I'd say it will be low-to-mid premiership teams at best when you are the last pick.

Indeed Mr.Moon, how you didn't end up second or third I'll never know, highly suspicious. :p

That's just plain sick dude!!! :eek:

At least you'll be able to get a half decent championship side :p

lol, you fcuker!
    QUOTE]

Mr. Moon is ranked number 5 iifc so there will be little difference between the teams.

Just a question...

Do people feel that with close to 50 teams that we should go to 3 leagues (Premiership, Championship and League 1)?

How do the lower ranked players feel about starting in a League 1? It would mean a close battle between players in each league.

By the sounds of it Mr Moon has a lot of stock in storage for such occasions

:D

You better watch out!!!

On another note, FUTURE GUY (just incase you miss this part) Is it going to be a free for all or fixtures for the next season?

lol, you fcuker!
    QUOTE]

Mr. Moon is ranked number 5 iifc so there will be little difference between the teams.

Just a question...

Do people feel that with close to 50 teams that we should go to 3 leagues (Premiership, Championship and League 1)?

How do the lower ranked players feel about starting in a League 1? It would mean a close battle between players in each league.

I'm in favour of that! Or whatever, don't mind too much, just eager to get back to league games with a crap team! 5th :eek: damn!!!

eh would that put me in league 1?

• Advertisement

No, I think it's season 1 players get prem and championship and the noobs get div 1!!

Edit: On reading again I think you might be right, but that wouldn't be fair!! We'll await the answer from our master and all knowing.... Future Guy!!

My god man my eyes, easy on the font size and colour, i need these eyes to play jeez.

I think with that many teams it would be a good idea as long as you leave the new people till last to pick teams and then put them in Div 1 and maybe make it so that a good few get relegated and brought up from the divisions at the end of the season to mix it up a bit, like depending on how many are in each division maybe 5 or 6 get relegated.

Technically it would, but with one of the top 2 teams at your disposal against more players at your level.

Guys, its a credit to all of ye that so many people want to join this league. Who wouldn't want to join a league full of decent and fair players!

The fact that we may have to think about running 3 leagues is testament to the interest we are building.

If people have a problem with going with 3 leagues, I won't do it. But I'm beginning to think that 50 players in 2 leagues is alot. I'm undecided either way, but I want to get an idea of player reactions to doing this.

I'm open to all sugesstions on how we deal with all the new blood.

My god man my eyes, easy on the font size and colour, i need these eyes to play jeez.

I think with that many teams it would be a good idea as long as you leave the new people till last to pick teams and then put them in Div 1 and maybe make it so that a good few get relegated and brought up from the divisions at the end of the season to mix it up a bit, like depending on how many are in each division maybe 5 or 6 get relegated.

Lol sorry, but I have to use it...I got tired of rewriting the same point about 10 times because people kept missing important announcements.

I'm open to all sugesstions on how we deal with all the new blood.

Burn them at the stake or pass them on to Mr Moon to use his unorthodox methods and lube.

I think everyone is just itching to get started back at the league to be honest so stick the newbies down the bottom with last choice since they are only playing their games now. Get the rest of us split into the prem and championship and let us pick our teams and get playing.

Crap, when i started the league last year, i knew i was gonna end up in the Championship as i had never played FIFA before.

But I didnt think they're be a lower league, but if thats where i gotta go, then sound!

New Goal for Season 2: Make it to the Championship

Oh I know he can't be too far down, lol, he's just waiting there to strike from behind...in more way than one no doubt! That was just tongue in cheek comment anyways :p

I think the way its working at the moment is perfect, having two leagues is the best idea. Half of newcomers to top, half to bottom, job done, we've 2 leagues divided reasonably fairly!

3 leagues is too messy and would probably need another person helpin' ya at least. No point in sticking all the newcomers at the bottom and giving them last pick. The "youmissedthefirstseason" tax of last picks is good enough

Two leagues is fair and team selection process is fair, so we shouldn't feck it up if possible, just IMO anyways. Don't know if anyone agrees. Like Axwell says, all itching to get going again...no point in over complicating things as the existing system is savage. :D

3 leagues is too messy and would probably need another person helpin' ya at least. No point in sticking all the newcomers at the bottom and giving them last pick.
    QUOTE]

I may need someone as it is! The pay is non-existant but the work is hard.

Ya but 50 teams is a lot over 2 leagues and trying to get all your games played etc, if it was split more there is a better chance people get their games played and if enough people get relegated etc it would make a good swap for next season.

• Advertisement

I may need someone as it is! The pay is non-existant but the work is hard.

Mr Moon seems always willing to bend over...backwards...for you maybe he would help :P

Ok kidding we have to stop these jokes. Richie im blaming you..

The pay is non-existant but the work is hard.

All we need now is to start handing our prizes and we're sorted!

If its three leagues, bottom third of new comers in league one (etc??)

Maybe have one guy looking after each league?

Maybe 5 up, and 5 down from each league? 4 automatic and one playoff game (5th vs 6th) over two legs? (now that playoff game would be intense!)

As usual, I aint gots no answers, but I has the questions. I see boards is going to be down from 6pm, ye lads got msn or whatever to arrange a few friendlies? I basically have a free house for 2 weeks so I need to ease the boredom with a healthy dosage of xbox live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

All we need now is to start handing our prizes and we're sorted!

If its three leagues, bottom third of new comers in league one (etc??)

Maybe have one guy looking after each league?

Maybe 5 up, and 5 down from each league? 4 automatic and one playoff game (5th vs 6th) over two legs? (now that playoff game would be intense!)

As usual, I aint gots no answers, but I has the questions.

Three leagues would be great but I would recommend that you have to have a guy watching each league and also be playing in it, then reporting back to you. I imagine that you got complaints about players but maybe didnt know the extent of it until you played them yourself. With the amount of feedback you get from players all over the league standings I reckon there are plenty here to choose from.

Also whatever about a fifa forum I reckon the Boards FIFA League should have its own forum.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just a question...

I for one would not be in favour of this.
    We may have 50 teams/players right now but let's see how many of the noobs are left in a couple of weeks after a few hammerings. I'm not saying that they are all rubbish players but on the law of averages and given the stats from the qualifying season there are going to be drop outs.
    If you insist on playing a 3rd league then I think the noobs should be put in there to test there mettle. After all they have only been played a few games to show their skill levels.

moz wrote: »
    I for one would not be in favour of this.
    We may have 50 teams/players right now but let's see how many of the noobs are left in a couple of weeks after a few hammerings. I'm not saying that they are all rubbish players but on the law of averages and given the stats from the qualifying season there are going to be drop outs.
    If you insist on playing a 3rd league then I think the noobs should be put in there to test there mettle. After all they have only been played a few games to show their skill levels.

This was my initial reaction as one drop out fcks the whole thing up, especially after Soby quitting fouled up the in-game league table. I really don't know. Either the existing system or the 3 league one you are hoping that people don't drop out. Not a good idea to cut them off though. It would make their existing league as meaningful as a kick in the bollocks.

I'm sitting on the fence.

We'd never get our own forum, especially if the actual game itself can't get one (Has the Pro Evo forum disappeared?) although it would be useful! Just gonna have to keep superthreading it I'd say.

Regarding players quitting, I am going to use the official football rules which states that if a team cannot finish their fixtures (ie quit like a baby), the rest of the opponents get a 3-0 walkover. Thats what happens in junior soccer and it's either that or risking one player in 50 screwing everything up.

Regarding the 3rd league, I was thinking of drafting 10 players (who have played lots and i know who Im dealing with) from the new league onto our 2 leagues and putting everyone else into a 3rd league where they will have proper time to prove themselves in a separate qualifying league. The premiership and championships would go ahead as planned with 16 teams each and proper fixtures etc. The qualifying league would progress in tandem but without fixture lists...free for all basically. People will sink or swim there.

So that would mean

The Premiership - 16 players - 11 Season 1 players and 5 Season 2 players
    The Championship - 16 players - 11 Season 1 players and 5 Season 2 players
    Qualifying League - Remaining players

We'll see how everything pans out before I make a decision. At the moment, I'd like a 2 x 24-team leagues because it would be easier to manage.

• Advertisement

That sounds good!

I have a quick question regarding Season 3, do have to pick teams again or can we keep our season 2 teams?

Sorry, getting way ahead of myself!

That sounds good!

I have a quick question regarding Season 3, do have to pick teams again or can we keep our season 2 teams?

Sorry, getting way ahead of myself!

It's going to change each year.

Sound, thats probably the fairest way!

Regarding players quitting, I am going to use the official football rules which states that if a team cannot finish their fixtures (ie quit like a baby), the rest of the opponents get a 3-0 walkover. Thats what happens in junior soccer and it's either that or risking one player in 50 screwing everything up.

Regarding the 3rd league, I was thinking of drafting 10 players (who have played lots and i know who Im dealing with) from the new league onto our 2 leagues and putting everyone else into a 3rd league where they will have proper time to prove themselves in a separate qualifying league. The premiership and championships would go ahead as planned with 16 teams each and proper fixtures etc. The qualifying league would progress in tandem but without fixture lists...free for all basically. People will sink or swim there.

So that would mean

We'll see how everything pans out before I make a decision. At the moment, I'd like a 2 x 24-team leagues because it would be easier to manage.

Right job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I think two 16 team leagues and a qualifying league is the way to go for this upcoming season. However, I think the premiership should be made up of the majority of players from BQL to ensure the integrity and likelyhood of completion of the league as follows.

Premiership - 16 players - 12 Season 1 players and 4 Season 2 players
    Championship - 16 players - 10 Season 1 players and 6 Season 2 players

my2c

• Advertisement
Advertisement