Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I think you should go ahead and let those people pick as it will speed up the process and mean you arent waiting on 32 names next weekend which could be a problem as if one person doesnt pick a team in time all those after him have to wait aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Axwell wrote: »
    I think you should go ahead and let those people pick as it will speed up the process and mean you arent waiting on 32 names next weekend which could be a problem as if one person doesnt pick a team in time all those after him have to wait aswell.

The man makes a good point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Fine so, I'll be United :D;)

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Fine so, I'll be United :D;)

Some how, i dont think you are in the championship :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I finished 15th in the league so I take it I am in the Championship. It would be great to pick the teams now to get some practice in and as said above I am sure it will help you with the administration.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The problem with allowing the Championship teams to choose now is that we are still awaiting the new players to finish the league. I cannot let half the league choose now and the other half choose Saturday! It would be a major disadvantage to them as they are going to be stuck with weaker teams from the get-go.

It's only a few more days guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'll be on tonight lads from 9pm on for a few friendlies if anyone fancies a game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The problem with allowing the Championship teams to choose now is that we are still awaiting the new players to finish the league. I cannot let half the league choose now and the other half choose Saturday! It would be a major disadvantage to them as they are going to be stuck with weaker teams from the get-go.

It's only a few more days guys!

Aren't the new players not getting last pick as it is?

I thought that first choice goes to the championship players from last season and then the new additions get their choice, then the premier league players from last season get to pick and then the new additions in that league get to choose last?!?!

I may have read the rules too fast to take proper notice on this though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Do you know how many from the qualifying league will go into the premiership and how many will be in the Championship?

Mr Moon wrote: »

I thought that first choice goes to the championship players from last season and then the new additions get their choice, then the premier league players from last season get to pick and then the new additions in that league get to choose last?!?!

I may have read the rules too fast to take proper notice on this though!!

No thats spot on.

• Advertisement

Do you know how many from the qualifying league will go into the premiership and how many will be in the Championship?

About 50/50

Have to say I'm with Mr. Moon on this. I'm very confused how this will all work out.

Half the qualifying league go into the championship, half to the premiership? But how are you going to determine if player A from the premiership is better than player B from the qualifying league?

I know what number my pick will be roughly, but just out of curosity sake, it would be interesting to see how you work it all out. :o

Have to say I'm with Mr. Moon on this. I'm very confused how this will all work out.

Half the qualifying league go into the championship, half to the premiership? But how are you going to determine if player A from the premiership is better than player B from the qualifying league?

I know what number my pick will be roughly, but just out of curosity sake, it would be interesting to see how you work it all out. :o

Right.

Most people played for 6 weeks in Qualifying Season 1 and we have a very accurate final listing of players. At the moment, 11 go the Premiership and 11go to the Championship.

With so many new people wanting to play in season 2, we had to run a small league to get a good idea of who is who. However, I stated that once these people had finished the league and had been divided into either the Premiership or Championship, they would have to choose a team AFTER all Season 1 players had chosen their team. It's almost like a tax for arriving late and not having to propely qualify, but it means you get into a very well-run league full of players who arent idiots.

There is no way I could incorporate these new players in the official rankings from season 1 as there is no way I could compare players from each league (as Y2J has pointed out).

I will post the final standings list later today so people can see who gets first pick. The list was based on final league standing, % wins, number of games completed, head-to-head games and a number of other factors. And it took me an age :)

Y2J, at the moment, you have pick number 11 in the Premiership, and depending on the final number of Championship teams, that will mean you will have pick number 27-28 overall.

moz wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight lads from 9pm on for a few friendlies if anyone fancies a game.

No friendlies for me, just got the RROD on my 1 year old Elite!!!

Right.

Most people played for 6 weeks in Qualifying Season 1 and we have a very accurate final listing of players. At the moment, 11 go the Premiership and 11go to the Championship.

With so many new people wanting to play in season 2, we had to run a small league to get a good idea of who is who. However, I stated that once these people had finished the league and had been divided into either the Premiership or Championship, they would have to choose a team AFTER all Season 1 players had chosen their team. It's almost like a tax for arriving late and not having to propely qualify, but it means you get into a very well-run league full of players who arent idiots.

There is no way I could incorporate these new players in the official rankings from season 1 as there is no way I could compare players from each league (as Y2J has pointed out).

I will post the final standings list later today so people can see who gets first pick. The list was based on final league standing, % wins, number of games completed, head-to-head games and a number of other factors. And it took me an age :)

Y2J, at the moment, you have pick number 11 in the Premiership, and depending on the final number of Championship teams, that will mean you will have pick number 27-28 overall.

Cheers mate, this seems very fair to me. Just wondered out of curiosity.

Sorry to make you type all of that out, lol but it makes it very clear for everyone. I'm sure it took ages to work it out and quite a few A4 sheets dotted around your pc, but everyone appreciates your effort, its been well run so far, and the fact that you are always around to answer questions really does help!

CKWPORT wrote: »

Yeah, mine kicked the bucket after 14 months. Is yours less than a year old?

Ouch! Seems I have escaped well. Only got one RROD in 25 months so far.

Only God knows how, I had it stuffed onto a shelf with a back and two sides and a top.

"Do you keep it in a well ventilated area?"
    Of course Microsoft.

ya, i got it as a present last christmas, so its just over a year old.

I will have a proper look at it this evening when i get home, the girlfriend just text me, she was gonna have a go on a game, and text me saying whats does 3 red lights on the front of the xbox mean?

whats does 3 red lights on the front of the xbox mean?

EPIC FAIL, lol.

ya, i got it as a present last christmas, so its just over a year old.

It's off to microsoft so :( We'll keep your league seat nice and warm for you :) Or better yet...

I will have a proper look at it this evening when i get home, the girlfriend just text me, she was gonna have a go on a game, and text me saying whats does 3 red lights on the front of the xbox mean?

get home and start screaming..."I can't believe you broke my XBox!!!! You better get out that door and buy a new one right away. And a new game. And a mars bar"

• Advertisement

I thought it was a prank and she was taking the pi$$.

It's off to microsoft so :(

We'll keep your league seat nice and warm for you :)

Thanks FutureGuy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Sorry to hear of your woes dude. Hope to see you back up and running soon.

Cheers mate, this seems very fair to me. Just wondered out of curiosity.

Sorry to make you type all of that out, lol but it makes it very clear for everyone. I'm sure it took ages to work it out and quite a few A4 sheets dotted around your pc, but everyone appreciates your effort, its been well run so far, and the fact that you are always around to answer questions really does help!

+1

Most people don't realise how much effort goes into organising something like this but future guy has done a great job, well done :)

And a mars bar"

Why the mars bar?

I should be able to play in the league anyways when it starts, as the lad next door has an XBOX and is on live so i can play from there till mine gets back if it is indeed dead.

+1, Couldnt argee more with MR MOON. Great Job by Future guy!

Why the mars bar?QUOTE]

Watching Little Britian last night. There's a sketch where a posh man orders from a restaurant and says something like..."I'd like some stiped Bass with artechoke and a side of grated brie, a bottle of your finest Merlot. And a Mars Bar". Funny.:)

I had a good think about everything, and I feel that it would be too much to get people to pick all teams at the weekend.

So without further adue, I would like to begin the team selection process by starting with our rank 22 and 21 players.

Rank 22 -
    Boards Name: Batesy
    Gamertag: BATESY2007

Rank 21 -
    Boards Name: CKWPORT
    Gamertag: The Batman IRL

All team selections MUST be PM'ed to me. Please pick your top 3 teams and send them to me. Once I have received these selections, I will move onto the next group.

Rank 21st! Ouch!

PM Sent!

Rank 21st! Ouch!

PM Sent!

LOL, at least your guaranteed a great team!!!

• Advertisement

LOL, at least your guaranteed a great team!!!

Aiming to finish in the top half of the table next season!

Advertisement