Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Is there a rankings table done out yet with the players from season 1 that are going onto season 2. Just want a heads up on when I am going to be called to pick Liverpool a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

on page 13 or 14 of this thread it gives the names of the guys who can pick teams now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell wrote: »
    Please let me be ranked down the tables so i get a good team, damn Batesy being last that was my aim all season!! :D

I ranked you based on the games you actually played and not Sobys dismal record. If I remember correcly, you are about halfway in the picks...about 11-12 iifc.

bennyc wrote: »
    Is there a rankings table done out yet with the players from season 1 that are going onto season 2. Just want a heads up on when I am going to be called to pick Liverpool a team.

Give it a day or two, I think you are around midway too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I ranked you based on the games you actually played and not Sobys dismal record. If I remember correcly, you are about halfway in the picks...about 11-12 iifc.

Ah dear god, put back in his dismal record so i can get a good team and dont be shafting me this season too!! :D

• Advertisement

Ah dear god, put back in his dismal record so i can get a good team and dont be shafting me this season too!! :D

Go away ya chancer ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Worth a try at least, hurry up and get the other teams picked so i see what shower of useless feckers i have to play with then..jeez :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Worth a try at least, hurry up and get the other teams picked so i see what shower of useless feckers i have to play with then..jeez :D

And you think your team will be useless....lol, swap places?! :o

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    And you think your team will be useless....lol, swap places?! :o

Well thats your fault for wanting to win the league Richie isnt it :D you should have just played enough to be in the lower end of the premiership, got a good team and then walloped everyone this season.

Not having a 5 STAR team isnt gonna affect the top players much at all is it?

• Advertisement

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Not having a 5 STAR team isnt gonna affect the top players much at all is it?

Nah not really, theres enough 4.5 star teams id say for everyone to get someone decent, its just trying to get a club your somewhat used to playing as i guess. But if all else is gone im gonna steal Reading on Richie so he has to use someone like Charlton :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Well thats your fault for wanting to win the league Richie isnt it :D you should have just played enough to be in the lower end of the premiership, got a good team and then walloped everyone this season.

Hey shhhhh, you're ruining my plan!!! I didn't beat the top two players in the league and then loose to the manager for nothing you know!!! ;)

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Hey shhhhh, you're ruining my plan!!! I didn't beat the top two players in the league and then loose to the manager for nothing you know!!! ;)

Are you suggesting you offered favours and let people beat you to get a good team in this league?? Damn why didnt i think of that before!?? :D

Nah not really, theres enough 4.5 star teams id say for everyone to get someone decent, its just trying to get a club your somewhat used to playing as i guess. But if all else is gone im gonna steal Reading on Richie so he has to use someone like Charlton :D

lol, you fcuker!

I'd say there won't be enough 4 star teams to go around, if we have 44 players thats quite a lot. I'd say it will be low-to-mid premiership teams at best when you are the last pick.

Indeed Mr.Moon, how you didn't end up second or third I'll never know, highly suspicious. :p

I'm be getting vast quantities of lube ready for our next game...

By the sounds of it Mr Moon has a lot of stock in storage for such occasions

lol, you fcuker!

I'd say there won't be enough 4 star teams to go around, if we have 44 players thats quite a lot. I'd say it will be low-to-mid premiership teams at best when you are the last pick.

Indeed Mr.Moon, how you didn't end up second or third I'll never know, highly suspicious. :p

That's just plain sick dude!!! :eek:

At least you'll be able to get a half decent championship side :p

lol, you fcuker!
    QUOTE]

Mr. Moon is ranked number 5 iifc so there will be little difference between the teams.

Just a question...

Do people feel that with close to 50 teams that we should go to 3 leagues (Premiership, Championship and League 1)?

How do the lower ranked players feel about starting in a League 1? It would mean a close battle between players in each league.

By the sounds of it Mr Moon has a lot of stock in storage for such occasions

:D

You better watch out!!!

On another note, FUTURE GUY (just incase you miss this part) Is it going to be a free for all or fixtures for the next season?

lol, you fcuker!
    QUOTE]

Mr. Moon is ranked number 5 iifc so there will be little difference between the teams.

Just a question...

Do people feel that with close to 50 teams that we should go to 3 leagues (Premiership, Championship and League 1)?

How do the lower ranked players feel about starting in a League 1? It would mean a close battle between players in each league.

I'm in favour of that! Or whatever, don't mind too much, just eager to get back to league games with a crap team! 5th :eek: damn!!!

eh would that put me in league 1?

• Advertisement

No, I think it's season 1 players get prem and championship and the noobs get div 1!!

Edit: On reading again I think you might be right, but that wouldn't be fair!! We'll await the answer from our master and all knowing.... Future Guy!!

My god man my eyes, easy on the font size and colour, i need these eyes to play jeez.

I think with that many teams it would be a good idea as long as you leave the new people till last to pick teams and then put them in Div 1 and maybe make it so that a good few get relegated and brought up from the divisions at the end of the season to mix it up a bit, like depending on how many are in each division maybe 5 or 6 get relegated.

Technically it would, but with one of the top 2 teams at your disposal against more players at your level.

Guys, its a credit to all of ye that so many people want to join this league. Who wouldn't want to join a league full of decent and fair players!

The fact that we may have to think about running 3 leagues is testament to the interest we are building.

If people have a problem with going with 3 leagues, I won't do it. But I'm beginning to think that 50 players in 2 leagues is alot. I'm undecided either way, but I want to get an idea of player reactions to doing this.

I'm open to all sugesstions on how we deal with all the new blood.

My god man my eyes, easy on the font size and colour, i need these eyes to play jeez.

I think with that many teams it would be a good idea as long as you leave the new people till last to pick teams and then put them in Div 1 and maybe make it so that a good few get relegated and brought up from the divisions at the end of the season to mix it up a bit, like depending on how many are in each division maybe 5 or 6 get relegated.

Lol sorry, but I have to use it...I got tired of rewriting the same point about 10 times because people kept missing important announcements.

I'm open to all sugesstions on how we deal with all the new blood.

Burn them at the stake or pass them on to Mr Moon to use his unorthodox methods and lube.

I think everyone is just itching to get started back at the league to be honest so stick the newbies down the bottom with last choice since they are only playing their games now. Get the rest of us split into the prem and championship and let us pick our teams and get playing.

Crap, when i started the league last year, i knew i was gonna end up in the Championship as i had never played FIFA before.

But I didnt think they're be a lower league, but if thats where i gotta go, then sound!

New Goal for Season 2: Make it to the Championship

Oh I know he can't be too far down, lol, he's just waiting there to strike from behind...in more way than one no doubt! That was just tongue in cheek comment anyways :p

I think the way its working at the moment is perfect, having two leagues is the best idea. Half of newcomers to top, half to bottom, job done, we've 2 leagues divided reasonably fairly!

3 leagues is too messy and would probably need another person helpin' ya at least. No point in sticking all the newcomers at the bottom and giving them last pick. The "youmissedthefirstseason" tax of last picks is good enough

Two leagues is fair and team selection process is fair, so we shouldn't feck it up if possible, just IMO anyways. Don't know if anyone agrees. Like Axwell says, all itching to get going again...no point in over complicating things as the existing system is savage. :D

3 leagues is too messy and would probably need another person helpin' ya at least. No point in sticking all the newcomers at the bottom and giving them last pick.
    QUOTE]

I may need someone as it is! The pay is non-existant but the work is hard.

Ya but 50 teams is a lot over 2 leagues and trying to get all your games played etc, if it was split more there is a better chance people get their games played and if enough people get relegated etc it would make a good swap for next season.

• Advertisement

I may need someone as it is! The pay is non-existant but the work is hard.

Mr Moon seems always willing to bend over...backwards...for you maybe he would help :P

Ok kidding we have to stop these jokes. Richie im blaming you..

Advertisement