Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The pay is non-existant but the work is hard.

All we need now is to start handing our prizes and we're sorted!

If its three leagues, bottom third of new comers in league one (etc??)

Maybe have one guy looking after each league?

Maybe 5 up, and 5 down from each league? 4 automatic and one playoff game (5th vs 6th) over two legs? (now that playoff game would be intense!)

As usual, I aint gots no answers, but I has the questions. I see boards is going to be down from 6pm, ye lads got msn or whatever to arrange a few friendlies? I basically have a free house for 2 weeks so I need to ease the boredom with a healthy dosage of xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    All we need now is to start handing our prizes and we're sorted!

If its three leagues, bottom third of new comers in league one (etc??)

Maybe have one guy looking after each league?

Maybe 5 up, and 5 down from each league? 4 automatic and one playoff game (5th vs 6th) over two legs? (now that playoff game would be intense!)

As usual, I aint gots no answers, but I has the questions.

Three leagues would be great but I would recommend that you have to have a guy watching each league and also be playing in it, then reporting back to you. I imagine that you got complaints about players but maybe didnt know the extent of it until you played them yourself. With the amount of feedback you get from players all over the league standings I reckon there are plenty here to choose from.

Also whatever about a fifa forum I reckon the Boards FIFA League should have its own forum.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just a question...

Do people feel that with close to 50 teams that we should go to 3 leagues (Premiership, Championship and League 1)?

How do the lower ranked players feel about starting in a League 1? It would mean a close battle between players in each league.

I for one would not be in favour of this.
    We may have 50 teams/players right now but let's see how many of the noobs are left in a couple of weeks after a few hammerings. I'm not saying that they are all rubbish players but on the law of averages and given the stats from the qualifying season there are going to be drop outs.
    If you insist on playing a 3rd league then I think the noobs should be put in there to test there mettle. After all they have only been played a few games to show their skill levels.

moz wrote: »
    I for one would not be in favour of this.
    We may have 50 teams/players right now but let's see how many of the noobs are left in a couple of weeks after a few hammerings. I'm not saying that they are all rubbish players but on the law of averages and given the stats from the qualifying season there are going to be drop outs.
    If you insist on playing a 3rd league then I think the noobs should be put in there to test there mettle. After all they have only been played a few games to show their skill levels.

This was my initial reaction as one drop out fcks the whole thing up, especially after Soby quitting fouled up the in-game league table. I really don't know. Either the existing system or the 3 league one you are hoping that people don't drop out. Not a good idea to cut them off though. It would make their existing league as meaningful as a kick in the bollocks.

I'm sitting on the fence.

We'd never get our own forum, especially if the actual game itself can't get one (Has the Pro Evo forum disappeared?) although it would be useful! Just gonna have to keep superthreading it I'd say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Regarding players quitting, I am going to use the official football rules which states that if a team cannot finish their fixtures (ie quit like a baby), the rest of the opponents get a 3-0 walkover. Thats what happens in junior soccer and it's either that or risking one player in 50 screwing everything up.

Regarding the 3rd league, I was thinking of drafting 10 players (who have played lots and i know who Im dealing with) from the new league onto our 2 leagues and putting everyone else into a 3rd league where they will have proper time to prove themselves in a separate qualifying league. The premiership and championships would go ahead as planned with 16 teams each and proper fixtures etc. The qualifying league would progress in tandem but without fixture lists...free for all basically. People will sink or swim there.

So that would mean

The Premiership - 16 players - 11 Season 1 players and 5 Season 2 players
    The Championship - 16 players - 11 Season 1 players and 5 Season 2 players
    Qualifying League - Remaining players

We'll see how everything pans out before I make a decision. At the moment, I'd like a 2 x 24-team leagues because it would be easier to manage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That sounds good!

I have a quick question regarding Season 3, do have to pick teams again or can we keep our season 2 teams?

Sorry, getting way ahead of myself!

CKWPORT wrote: »
    That sounds good!

I have a quick question regarding Season 3, do have to pick teams again or can we keep our season 2 teams?

Sorry, getting way ahead of myself!

It's going to change each year.

Sound, thats probably the fairest way!

Regarding players quitting, I am going to use the official football rules which states that if a team cannot finish their fixtures (ie quit like a baby), the rest of the opponents get a 3-0 walkover. Thats what happens in junior soccer and it's either that or risking one player in 50 screwing everything up.

Regarding the 3rd league, I was thinking of drafting 10 players (who have played lots and i know who Im dealing with) from the new league onto our 2 leagues and putting everyone else into a 3rd league where they will have proper time to prove themselves in a separate qualifying league. The premiership and championships would go ahead as planned with 16 teams each and proper fixtures etc. The qualifying league would progress in tandem but without fixture lists...free for all basically. People will sink or swim there.

So that would mean

We'll see how everything pans out before I make a decision. At the moment, I'd like a 2 x 24-team leagues because it would be easier to manage.

Right job.

I think two 16 team leagues and a qualifying league is the way to go for this upcoming season. However, I think the premiership should be made up of the majority of players from BQL to ensure the integrity and likelyhood of completion of the league as follows.

Premiership - 16 players - 12 Season 1 players and 4 Season 2 players
    Championship - 16 players - 10 Season 1 players and 6 Season 2 players

my2c

• Advertisement

I think two 16 team leagues and a qualifying league is the way to go for this upcoming season. However, I think the premiership should be made up of the majority of players from BQL to ensure the integrity and likelyhood of completion of the league as follows.

Premiership - 16 players - 12 Season 1 players and 4 Season 2 players
    Championship - 16 players - 10 Season 1 players and 6 Season 2 players

my2c

good point, i'll consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Axwell wrote: »
    Please let me be ranked down the tables so i get a good team, damn Batesy being last that was my aim all season!! :D

Believe me I take no pleasure in picking Utd. :mad:

I played Season 1 with Liverpool and am a Liverpool fan!! I've taking so many hidings from players using Utd that I plan to dish a few out this time.

I've played a couple of games today with Utd in preperation for next season and I faired pretty well. Maybe its all in my head but Utd DO seem a lot harder to score against and a lot easier to score with.

We'll see I suppose.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Batesy wrote: »
    Believe me I take no pleasure in picking Utd. :mad:

I played Season 1 with Liverpool and am a Liverpool fan!! I've taking so many hidings from players using Utd that I plan to dish a few out this time.

I've played a couple of games today with Utd in preperation for next season and I faired pretty well. Maybe its all in my head but Utd DO seem a lot harder to score against and a lot easier to score with.

We'll see I suppose.

Well i could be wrong but i think they have the best club stats in the game and in fairness the players they have from the middle of the field upwards do make them pretty lethal in the game. Cant stand them myself so I wont pick them no matter what, Liverpool fan here and i have to say you have sold your soul!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Playoffs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Oi Axwell, I wont be using any lube when I'm playing you!!! :D

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Oi Axwell, I wont be using any lube when I'm playing you!!! :D

Uh oh!!!!!!!! Use sandpaper instead!!!!!!!!

Uh oh!!!!!!!! Use sandpaper instead!!!!!!!!

Well he is a Pool fan!! :P

Well he is a Pool fan!! :P

Ohhhh, that explains it all!

He deserves no less for his sins! :D

Players due to choose...can ye get your lists to me asap. Jerichoholic, take your time as you have family commitments at the moment.

Rank 19-
    Boards Name: Jerichoholic
    Gamertag: Dave7G

Rank 18-
    Boards Name: Rainyface
    Gamertag: Rainyface

Rank 17-
    Boards Name: Deliverance XXV
    Gamertag: Deliverance XXV

Can you post up a list of what teams are gone as you're getting people to pick, just so I can tick them off the list in my head as they go!!

• Advertisement

Can you post up a list of what teams are gone as you're getting people to pick, just so I can tick them off the list in my head as they go!!

lol, yeah he is doing that. I asked him the same thing a few pages back, he did it individual as he got the PMs.

Gone so far:
    United,
    Inter,
    AC Milan

Surprise, surprise, lol

Players due to choose...can ye get your lists to me asap. Jerichoholic, take your time as you have family commitments at the moment.

Rank 19-
    Boards Name: Jerichoholic
    Gamertag: Dave7G

Rank 18-
    Boards Name: Rainyface
    Gamertag: Rainyface

Rank 17-
    Boards Name: Deliverance XXV
    Gamertag: Deliverance XXV

Teams already chosen:
    Manchester United
    Inter Milan
    AC Milan

lol, yeah he is doing that. I asked him the same thing a few pages back, he did it individual as he got the PMs.

Gone so far:
    United,
    Inter,
    AC Milan

Surprise, surprise, lol

Don't know why someone choose AC Milan, I don't rate them in this game, they are slow and can't score! Maybe it's just that they aren't set up to play the way I do!!

Oh did you know if you put Ronaldo up front for Utd, his stats go up!!

they are slow and can't score!

I find the not being able to score is a real problem alright!!!!!!!

Nope, never put Ronny up front in this game, I did a few times in '08 alright.

Don't know why someone choose AC Milan, I don't rate them in this game, they are slow and can't score! Maybe it's just that they aren't set up to play the way I do!!

I chose Milan and I'd have to agree that they are a bit slow and scoring can be a bit difficult alright. I'm not sure why I picked them actually come to think of it :confused: Maybe it was because I like the way they pass the ball around or their lovely 3rd kit.
    Oh and I'm sure they'll be way better with Beckham :rolleyes:

I chose Milan and I'd have to agree that they are a bit slow and scoring can be a bit difficult alright. I'm not sure why I picked them actually come to think of it :confused: Maybe it was because I like the way they pass the ball around or their lovely 3rd kit.
    Oh and I'm sure they'll be way better with Beckham :rolleyes:

I used to love Barcelona in '08 and '07 because of their bright orange kit, plus the fact that they had Ronaldinho, and it was class to hear the chant that they actually have, in the game and being sung loudly (not sure what the name of it is).

Milan are like Real Madrid in this game, good stats but not a lot of speed. Used to like playing as Madrid in '08, they have a perfect balance, but they are rubbish this year without Robinho to give some pace.

Probably the 2nd best league in Europe (Spanish) and nobody has picked anyone from them yet!! :confused:

Probably the 2nd best league in Europe (Spanish) and nobody has picked anyone from them yet!! :confused:

Ssssh would ya! Uh, the Spanish sides aren't in the game sure ;)

Sure only 3 people have picked yet! I'm sure Barcelona will be the next team to go!

• Advertisement

Ssssh would ya! Uh, the Spanish sides aren't in the game sure ;)

Seriously! Do you think that any of the top 3 teams from any of the big leagues will still be available when we get to pick? We're screwed next season!!!
    CKWPORT wrote: »
    Sure only 3 people have picked yet! I'm sure Barcelona will be the next team to go!

LOL :D

Advertisement