Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dufficer throwing Digs today

• 18-12-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

jaysus.... Thur.18 dec the auld Dufficer is laying to some poor dude who had the temerity to accuse him of bigging the show up and trying to promote controversy.

Of course that is true, but the Dufficer didn't take it too well.

Stuck the boot in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mcscrub

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mcscrub

aaahhh...penny dropped - Jo Duffy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Ha, only delighted:D,
    Betwen stokeing a blue rinse bank run and then in the space over a couple of days attempting to create pork paranoia and then later critisciseing Sky News for their coverage of the recall, I have no pity for the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Stuck the boot in.

Pics or it didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sorry for the crypticity, was laying into some dude from the Laughter Lounge who slipped in a "I know you are trying to create controversy....." sentence which caused the Dufficer to bridle up big time.

WHO ME!!!!!:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Love the pity for the woman who had her sony vaio laptop and convertible v70 Volvo stolen.

Heart bleeds for her.

Anyone hear the day some head shop lad indirectly accused him of taking drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I always miss the good 'uns :(

Aaah you will be able to pull it up from the internet.

I just love the way he turns feral when someone takes him on, great radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Just listened back to it and it makes great listening....the fun starts from 8:30 minutes in:D

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

Your traditional liveline toot...man gets kicked out of party, cue outrage!

Good man... thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

slideways wrote: »
    Love the pity for the woman who had her sony vaio laptop and convertible v70 Volvo stolen.

Heart bleeds for her.

Anyone hear the day some head shop lad indirectly accused him of taking drugs
    I was did a sponsored walk for her. (To the off licence for an afternoon tipple and large Rizzlaz). Laughed my head off at her.

I heard that other Joe Show you speak of...."THAT'S SCURRALOUS!!...SCURRALOUS REMARK!! Funny as.

He'd a good show today...whipped up a banal gripe into a frenzy then blamed the other guy. The comedian would've appreciated such a Lazt Suzy debate if the KungPo hadn't been continually spun onto his lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I just feckin' knew this would happen.

I had to take a conference call at 2.20pm just about when I had the feeling that things were about to kick off.

The Comedy Lounge has always been the Stalagluft 17 of Irish comedy for years. If they want people to stop talking during the acts THEN BOOK SOME DECENT ACTS FFS!

Honestly, they book hopeless local wannabees and the scrag-ends of the UK Jongleurs circuit and kick people out if they don't sit there in awe of the 'awesome' comedy package that they've assembled.

If Darwin is the recession, then they're the Dodo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

"bigging the show up" ???? Any chance we could have a description of what actually happened in English, please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Heckler

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    "bigging the show up" ???? Any chance we could have a description of what actually happened in English, please ?

The guy from the Laughter Lounge basically accused Duffy of going over the top and being sensationalist about a minor gripe in an attempt to make it into some huge drama. While the patrons of said venue had a point, Duffy with a judicious use of faders, did exactly what he was accused of. He was at his worst today. Totally petty and on his high horse defending his outraged callers. While he should be totally independant and objective he frequently isn't. As today showed.

Advertisement