Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Tank

• 18-12-2008 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Renovating and extending an old house......discovered a lot of rot in existing roof and have given the go ahead for a completley new one. I like the idea of the ceilings inside following the roof line but what space should I leave for a water tank.....are their any specs for this?
    Thanks, excellent forum have learned a lot already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi Framer
    Attached tank sizes available, can be purchased at any good builders merchants

Heatherview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Framer62

Thanks for that Heatherview. What would you say was the right tank for a 4 bedroomed house with downstairs toilet, one ensuite and a bathroom?
    Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi Framer

Water tank normally 60/70Gal for domestic water. You can pick what suites you of pages i sent you, unless bigger is specified? Downstairs wc of the mains water. Position tank with adequate supports because they weigh a lot.

Heatherview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Size matters, or weight to be more specific. The bigger the tank the heavier it will be when full of water.
    Discuss this issue with your plumber and roof designer. Position of attic tank and supporting joists are an important issue.

thanks folks, I was in a house recently where I am convinced the tank was too small, just want to stay a step ahead of the venerable plumber!....will be back with another question shortly I'm sure!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Part G of the Technical Guidance documents requires 340 litres or about 75 gallons storage for a 4 bed house.

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Part G of the Technical Guidance documents requires 340 litres or about 75 gallons storage for a 4 bed house.

Can you point me in the direction of said documents? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Framer62 wrote: »
    Can you point me in the direction of said documents? thanks

Technical Guidance Document G

Paragraph 1.6 is the relevant piece.

Thanks Jimbo!

Advertisement