Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

currency exchange

Options
  • 18-12-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

where is best in Ireland to change Euro to Sterling?? just heard the rate is now 95p to the Euro :)

would i be best waiting to get to the UK or could i do it here and have the same rate????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Dont - just use your card; always the best rates plus a small percentage. Some cards have a percentage, so check your foreign percentage & any other fees with your provider.

If not, try a bank, or maybe one of the currency exchange places in Newry etc - they may be better. Also, some places in the North like Sainsburys take euro cash *at* a good rate, and give you any change in sterling.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

^Like he said

Also, load your card before you need it, there is no charge other than the cross border fee if you are spending your own cash on the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

If you're using an atm card stick with your bank - BOI - AIB/Northern Trust etc. if you stray to another bank they'll charge you.

Riv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Credit Union's the best bet. I don't think they charge or if they do the charge is less than the charge on your card. Also, that charge on your card is each time you use it so if you take out £10 3times a day that'll cost you about €10

Advertisement