Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and cheapest car wash?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Just wondering what you think is the best and cheapest car wash? My lovely purple car is slowly turning brown and I don't have access to a hose so I want to get it done by a car wash. It doesn't need to be perfect, just need to get 4 months of driving to Limerick off it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I dont think bullet holes wash out :P
    Meh try the statoil think it's only like 7 e for there cheapest one. Could be wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I think the Topaz out the Castlecomer Road is the only one with a brush-wash unless someone wants to correct me on that. The rest are power-wash type things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I like the jet wash at the Honda garage by the Callan Road roundabout. Costs 7 or 8 euros and they do a great job there. There's often queues out the gate for it on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

yeah the guys at the back of the Citreon/Honda garage off the Callan Rd roundabout do a great job but there's always a queue, E7.

There's also Chen Motors at the back of the shop on O'Loughlin road, beside John McGuinness office. They do a v.good wash for E7 and there's rarely a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Firetrap wrote: »
    I think the Topaz out the Castlecomer Road is the only one with a brush-wash unless someone wants to correct me on that. The rest are power-wash type things.
    the Esso at Hotel Kilkenny/Callan Road roundabout also has one of those brush-wash machines that you drive through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

all those brush machines are useless, especially of your car is as dear as it sounds, the if you drive round the back of the small shop opposite nolan park there are a group of lads there that do a exellent job by hand for 7euro......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    all those brush machines are useless, especially of your car is as dear as it sounds, the if you drive round the back of the small shop opposite nolan park there are a group of lads there that do a exellent job by hand for 7euro......

Haha, it's far from dear! Dear to my heart, but nothing else. I just like to look after it is all :D Will probably try the people by Nolan park. Will they still be doing it around this time of year when the weather is so cold? Wouldn't like to be doing it myself I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

I think the car wash in the Esso, Spar in Irishtown is savage. It is the only one, if you are prepared to do it yourself, that gives value for money. You have to put in money to "buy time". 2 euro gets you four mins time and I can wash my "big" car in twelve mins so it only costs me 6 euro. There is loads and I mean LOADS of foam coming out when you are washing your car and its a hot wash too. You can shampoo and wax the car too. The beauty of it for me anyway is you can put as much money as you want in and you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Firetrap wrote: »
    Topaz -that used to be Shell, not the old Statoil one, make that clear..
    the amount of times people have gotten confused over those! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The brush wash is in the one that used to be Statoil. The one that's further out the road from town and that isn't as much of a kip :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement