Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billic for Sunderland?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Must be a few shillings in on Bilic he's in from 16's to 7/2 on paddy's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Got him at 7/2 a while ago...he's 2/1 favourite now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gorill8

got him at 16's and 10's, come on bilic, make my crimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Gorill8 wrote: »
    got him at 16's and 10's, come on bilic, make my crimbo

If he's 2/1 just go onto betfair and lay the hell out of it and make your crimbo either way.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gorill8

he's just over 4's on betfair, but if he come in anyway near 2's i'll be laying off thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Get In There

put 50e him at 25/1 with vcbet at lunch time after getting a bit of inside info. Now evens or so, no smoke without fire. Cud do with a few bob!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd lay off now if I were you....Trading the only way to make money on these markets...according to the times, Billic is not one of the leading contenders.

Also heard there are no plans for an imminent appointment and it may be after Chistmas beofre a new manager is installed...

I always stay away from these "Next Manager" markets as they are so unreliable and prone to malicious rumours.....

Good luck all....hope your number comes up.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

Agree. New names come in and out as regular as the tide. The bet in this market was an Allardyce lay at under 3s. Don't bother now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ElCrapula

What inside information are you working off to back Billic?The word is he is not a contender.I reckon they'll leave it till January before an appointment and can see Sbragia getting the job till the end of the season if they come through the Christmas period still swimming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

ElCrapula wrote: »
    What inside information are you working off to back Billic?The word is he is not a contender.I reckon they'll leave it till January before an appointment and can see Sbragia getting the job till the end of the season if they come through the Christmas period still swimming.

gernerally you find that inside info is based on a certain manager being spotted in the vacinity of the club in question. bilic may well have been seen in the northwest last week. people then presume he's there for the Sunderland job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Honestly thin it will be very difficult for sunderland to give the job to anyone but sbragia.....surely he deserves until the end of the season?? Apparently he is very popular with the players also.....

• Advertisement

put 50e him at 25/1 with vcbet at lunch time after getting a bit of inside info. Now evens or so, no smoke without fire. Cud do with a few bob!
    ElCrapula wrote: »
    pwhite587 wrote: »
    gernerally you find that inside info is based on a certain manager being spotted in the vacinity of the club in question. bilic may well have been seen in the northwest last week. people then presume he's there for the Sunderland job.

Dont think seeing someone near somewhere constitutes "inside information".When someone,like the poster,says theyve put down 50 @ 25/1 after some "inside information" Id be expecting slightly more solid reasons for doing so.A friend,relative,employee,that sort of thing.
    The only person I could imagine getting the job ahead of Sbragia now is Curbishley.However,I cant see him moving so far north.He's always worked in or around London if Im not mistaken.Itll be Sbragia till the end of the season at least.

Sbragia was 4's before the kick-off of yesterdays game and is in to 7/4 now with Powers.These might be famous last words but this is easy money.He has to be given the job.Have yourself a merry little christmas and get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

I'm not sure about the bookmakers but if the appointment of Sbragia is anything like interim, "until the end of the season", not completely permanent then Betfair won't settle it as Sbragia. The market will be void.

There was a big run on him on Betfair in the past while but he's drifted out since. I still don't think he'll get it permanently, I know it's staring me in the face but with the quality of manager they've attracted they'd be mad to appoint Sbragia permanently. The players being fond of their coach isn't a qualification.

Thats a fair point.I would imagine the big firms would pay out though.
    I was really itching to go big on Sbragia getting the gig but have had second thoughs.Dont have the guts.Saying that,I still think the job is his.
    Mark Hughes has to be put into the mix now.I dont think City should fire him but who knows what these new owners are like.City Play Hull and Blackburn over the Christmas period,and if he loses one of those games the pressure will be really on.
    Maybe a big price double on Hughes for Sunderland and Billic for City?

Advertisement