Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Item not packed in shop

Options
  • 18-12-2008 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

I was in Kildare shopping village about two weeks ago buying a few Christmas pressies. Bought a rake of stuff in Cath Kidston for friends etc. Came home, left bag inside the door. Last night went to wrap all the pressies and I realised that one of the bags I had bought was not in the shopping bag with all the other gifts. I did pay for it, as it was on the receipt. It's not in the car, and it was the last shop I visited before heading straight to the car, so I can only assume that the lady in the shop never put it into the carrier bag. It was busy, so I can understand that a mistake could have been made.

Any suggestions on what my rights are? How can I prove that I was never given the bag?

I've rung but it has rung out. I've sent an email to customer service too - see how they respond.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you're basically entitled to nothing i'm afraid. it's your responsibility to make sure you have your stuff when leaving.

but if the staff member did forget it she most likely noticed a minute later and either put it aside or made a note of it. it would have still been sitting on the counter after all

go back to the shop and ask would be your best bet. but make sure not to get angry with them. they're holding all the cards on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    you're basically entitled to nothing i'm afraid. it's your responsibility to make sure you have your stuff when leaving.

but if the staff member did forget it she most likely noticed a minute later and either put it aside or made a note of it. it would have still been sitting on the counter after all

go back to the shop and ask would be your best bet. but make sure not to get angry with them. they're holding all the cards on this one

Yeah - I was thinking that... :(

The lady was doing a lot of faffage while packing the bag - moving stuff around - opening them, zipping things etc etc. I should have looked when I got home. I'm just annoyed that I have to go out and buy a new present now! Don't think I'll go back to the shop - the price of the trip alone would cost more than half the gift, and there is a chance I won't get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

olaola wrote: »
    Yeah - I was thinking that... :(

The lady was doing a lot of faffage while packing the bag - moving stuff around - opening them, zipping things etc etc. I should have looked when I got home. I'm just annoyed that I have to go out and buy a new present now! Don't think I'll go back to the shop - the price of the trip alone would cost more than half the gift, and there is a chance I won't get it!

That's why you telephone them first - keep calling until you get an answer and see what they'll do for you. |They may offer something to you even though you are not strictly legally entitled to it. It's called good customer service.:)

Advertisement