Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Glow worm 18si after bleeding rads

Options
  • 18-12-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I bled the radiators in my apartment and ever since the boiler will not start due to low water pressure. The display reads 0.0 bar and has a flashing red light.In the manual it says to re-fill the boiler but i cant figure out how to do this. I have also tried increasing the water pressure in the hot press using the control screw with the pressure gauge. can anyone put me on the right track with this.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

From your description it sounds like you have a pressure reducing valve in the hot press. This is normally used for filling the heating system, which includes the boiler.

The screw on top is for adjusting the pressure that PRV limits to, and normally should not need adjusting once set by the installer. There should be a knob underneath the body of the PRV which is a manual valve to close off the water supply. Open it slowly and you should start to get water flowing into the heating system to pressurise it. There may be a second isolating valve upstream, if so, make sure it's open. Fill the system to around 1 bar. Close all valves when filled to 1 bar.

If no water flows, the screw on top of the regulator needs to be screwed in to incease the pressure setpoint. Screw it inwards slowly until water starts to flow. Keep an eye on the pressure guage, and increase the setpoint if you don't get to 1 bar in a couple of minutes.

BTW, don't bleed radiators when the pressure in the system is near zero, you may draw air in rather than vent it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bonham23

`Thanks for the help..i actually managed to get it sorted. There is a screw on the inlet at the bottom of the boiler that allowed me to refill the boiler and bring the pressure back up to 1.5 bar. it cam on as sonn as it hit .6 bar but i think the reccommended pressure is around 1.5

Advertisement