Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Price of Engine Oil

Options
  • 18-12-2008 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I needed to get 5.5 litres of 0w30 oil today and was quoted €26 per litrein a BMW main dealer in Dublin. I laughed at the guy and went to a Motor Factors in Tallaght and got the same oil for €8 per litre.

Looks like Rip Off Ireland is still alive and well!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jesus thats some difference :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

joewicklow wrote: »
    I needed to get 5.5 litres of 0w30 oil today and was quoted €26 per litrein a BMW main dealer in Dublin. I laughed at the guy and went to a Motor Factors in Tallaght and got the same oil for €8 per litre.

Looks like Rip Off Ireland is still alive and well!

You would think with all the closures they would cop on...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

I know,

The only downside was that BMW sold it in single litres and I had to buy two 5 litre cans in the Motor Factors. The 10 litres still worked out €76 cheaper than the 6 litres and I have some spare for top ups!

Advertisement