Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone freezing

• 18-12-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

my iphone is new and sometime when i go to take the keypad lock off ''slide to unlock'' it just freezes up for about 6 seconds and wont respond, then its ok again..and sometimes when opening a txt it takes longer than usual to open...i can live with it but it tends to freeze when im in a rush mhich tests my patiencs and i mad end up throwing it agains the wall r something...

is this a common prob or is it just mine? and i do have the latest soft upgrade..thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gmark

cojomo2 wrote: »
    my iphone is new and sometime when i go to take the keypad lock off ''slide to unlock'' it just freezes up for about 6 seconds and wont respond, then its ok again..and sometimes when opening a txt it takes longer than usual to open...i can live with it but it tends to freeze when im in a rush mhich tests my patiencs and i mad end up throwing it agains the wall r something...

is this a common prob or is it just mine? and i do have the latest soft upgrade..thanks

I have one of the older iPhones and from what I can tell the screen freesing up seems common. I never turn mine off so that might be part of the problem.
    If the freeze lasts longer than you could try reseting the phone which I think involves holding the button in the centre and the on/off button on the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

I stopped my iphone freezing by changing the auto-lock setting to never (settings/general/auto-lock), and by by turning off auto-brightness (settings/brightness). Not a perfect solution but it has worked very well for me. Just remember to hit the sleep button on top when not in use, or else the battery will drain much faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Reset the phone (press and hold the Home button and the power button until it restarts)?
    Reset All Settings?

Advertisement