Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ents advertising is no longer permitted. Please Read.

Options
  • 18-12-2008 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

See the top right corner? Those are ads.

See the link in the bottom left corner called "Ad Sales"? That's where you get to use the ads

See that button that says "New Topic"? That's not how you get to use the ads.

So, seeing as UCD Ents failed to grasp this, they'll be taking a break from the forum. This applies to posting threads advertising Ents events, posting that Ents events are on in response to "OMG watz on 2nite" type threads, etc.

Obviously people are still more than welcome to talk about Ents, however they're not permitted to use the forum as a promotional tool.

Kthxbye.

Raphael.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Nice! Any other electro type dance acts that yee have lined up/want to play in UND in 09??

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

<Some text missing>

It's amazing what months of blanketing a campus with posters can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Hopefully they'll be booked for somewhere like the Button Factory on the Saturday like last time.

And wasn't the April gig this year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Zounds wrote: »
    It's amazing what months of blanketing a campus with posters can do.

LOL did you like them before they were cool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 supasoumi

nice...u know when they are going on sale yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭RS6

Ah I see Gary is continuing the trend of copying all of last years events.

Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

RS6 wrote: »
    Ah I see Gary is continuing the trend of copying all of last years events.

Keep up the good work!

If it ain't broke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

See the link in the bottom left corner called "Ad Sales"? That's where you get to use the ads

So, seeing as UCD Ents failed to grasp this, they'll be taking a break from the forum. This applies to posting threads advertising Ents events, posting that Ents events are on in response to "OMG watz on 2nite" type threads, etc.

Obviously people are still more than welcome to talk about Ents, however they're not permitted to use the forum as a promotional tool.

Kthxbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Raphael wrote: »

Kthxbye.

I think that a warning would have sufficed TBH rather than coming down hard like that? Other forums openly allow events and even M*D events to be discussed so why should Ents not be allowed as this is a UCD forum? I assume they can still post events in the clubbing forum without this kind of response?

Anyways, just my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I think you misunderstood, I'm by no means banning discussion of Ents events. I discussed the option with The_Minister, and we both decided that would be excessive, and unfair to the users. You can feel free to talk about Ents events, posting ads for them is what's objectionable

I came down hard because:
    A) This is the exact kind of behaviour that got last years Ents officer banned, and I'm nipping it in the bud,
    B) An organisation registering an account explicitly to post an ad is a generally banned offence on boards.ie

If you want to raise complaints over the matter, then I'd suggest taking them to Helpdesk, where your post can only be replied to by Smods and admins, or Feedback

And Locked

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement