Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread maker recommendations please

• 18-12-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

We bought our breadmaker about 3 or 4 years ago, mainly as a bit of a novelty, it was used a few times and then relegated to a corner as I'm sure a lot are. However about a year ago I dug it out and I've been baking bread daily since then. My dear old breadmaker appears to have almost had enough and is losing the will to continue. It was nothing flash when we bought it, I'd say middle of the range.
    I've been looking at the Panasonic SD255 as a replacement for it, the price is quite attractive (especially in Argos up north where it's going for £97 as opposed to €150 here), but is the SD255 really up to daily baking? If not can anyone recommend something that would be? I don't want to spend a fortune, but do want something that will last.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sofia11

We bought the Panasonic SD 255 and we're very happy with it. We use it to make different breads, you can add your own preference of seeds and nuts. We've made brioche, focaccia, and ciabatta, it has a good recipe book. You can just use it to make and prove the dough and bake it yourself in the oven if you wish. I use it to make the pizza dough and the white bread rolls and it has a timer you can set so that you could have fresh bread by morning. Recommended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There are a few threads here already on breadmakers just do a search on this forum and you'll find them.

I've had a Panasonic SD-253 for a few years now and it's used 2-3 times a week, so far with no problems.

Advertisement