Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania stole ma money !

Options
  • 18-12-2008 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

I was ordering a phone of pixmania on the 12th of november, had problems, they canceled the order saying that i shgould palce the order under a diffr4enet name, received and email ~30 min later saying that i'v been refunded, everything fine. Place another order, sent them in a copy of the passport and a bill. Got that order canceled too and received an email saying that my money has been refunded. Today i receive the CC statement and to my surprise, they havent refunded me anything ! What should i do? iv already sent an email to pixmania and waiting for reply, but what should i do about the cc ? should i pay it in full or what ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

should contact your CC company, even those with deferred debits should have had the refund go through by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

How long has it been since you placed the second order?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

just rang them, the dispute office was closed so will have to ring tomorrow

the first order was on the 12 of november, second was on the 14 of november

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Once you have the emails stating you were refunded both times then you will have no problems getting a refund via CC company if you have to go that route. Dig them out if you can :)

well, il be ringing the cc company tomorrow and asking for a charge back

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Credit cards are funny little things. You spend money and it's gone straight away, when you want it back it takes a while! I'm sure you have been refunded but it probably won't be on your statement until next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

You are leaving out some details here. You said they cancelled the first order. Why? Did you cancel the second yourself?

Regardless of the above, you are entitled to it back straight away. Should only take a week to proccess. Ring them first before asking CC company for a chargeback.

If you get no satisfaction, ring your CC company requesting a chargeback. They will give you all the details, and you will have to send them supporting documents.

Regards your cc bill, you could claim interest from Pixmania, as holding your money for 5 weeks is way beyond a reasonable amount of time.

boopolo wrote: »
    You are leaving out some details here. You said they cancelled the first order. Why? Did you cancel the second yourself?

Regardless of the above, you are entitled to it back straight away. Should only take a week to proccess. Ring them first before asking CC company for a chargeback.

If you get no satisfaction, ring your CC company requesting a chargeback. They will give you all the details, and you will have to send them supporting documents.

Regards your cc bill, you could claim interest from Pixmania, as holding your money for 5 weeks is way beyond a reasonable amount of time.

The first order was canceled by pixmania because i wanted the item to be sent under a different name and they didn't allow that for some reason, and the second time because they "didn't" receive a copy of my passport or copy of the bill for verification although i sent it to them twice

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

smilgy wrote: »
    The first order was canceled by pixmania because i wanted the item to be sent under a different name and they didn't allow that for some reason, and the second time because they "didn't" receive a copy of my passport or copy of the bill for verification although i sent it to them twice
    The first is a security measure.

Ring them. Give them say two days to give you back your money. If no satsfaction, ring CC company.

got an email saying that their looking into it, but if i get no satisfaction by monday im ringing cc company

• Advertisement

w00t ! managed to get half the money back, they must of overlooked that i placed 2 orders and 2 were canceled so sent them another email hoping il get the rest back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

w00t ! managed to get half the money back, they must of overlooked that i placed 2 orders and 2 were canceled so sent them another email hoping il get the rest back soon
    You should never have looked for a chargeback from pixmania - always go direct to your cc provider since it is instant (if you haven't received the item and 30 days have passed since the order/charge).

I ordered a digi camera coming up to christmas about 2 years ago from pixmania. DHL lost it. Pixmania wanted to instigate and investigation before they return the money (which is fair enough) but I told them to do whatever they wanted to do but I will be charging back so I charged back (30 days from order) and instantly got refunded. No waiting and no messing. Re-ordered camera straight away and it arrived a few days later.

axer wrote: »
    You should never have looked for a chargeback from pixmania - always go direct to your cc provider since it is instant (if you haven't received the item and 30 days have passed since the order/charge).

I ordered a digi camera coming up to christmas about 2 years ago from pixmania. DHL lost it. Pixmania wanted to instigate and investigation before they return the money (which is fair enough) but I told them to do whatever they wanted to do but I will be charging back so I charged back (30 days from order) and instantly got refunded. No waiting and no messing. Re-ordered camera straight away and it arrived a few days later.

Well, it seems that Pixmania are not too bad with the charge backs, as iv already received money for the first order, called the bank and asked to see if this is true, and it is. Pixmania has already responded to the second email, and hopefully, il get the money for the second order soon enough. To me, its way less hassel than competing a form and sending it back to the bank as it would take more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Well, it seems that Pixmania are not too bad with the charge backs, as iv already received money for the first order, called the bank and asked to see if this is true, and it is. Pixmania has already responded to the second email, and hopefully, il get the money for the second order soon enough. To me, its way less hassel than competing a form and sending it back to the bank as it would take more time.
    To charge back you simply ring your credit card provider (number on back of cc) and ask to charge back. Nothing more.

Good to see Pixmania are dealing with the request.

Advertisement