Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breed of Dog Whisperer's dog Daddy

Options
  • 18-12-2008 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

I have recently started watching the Dog Whisperer. Does anybody know what breed his dog Daddy is?
    I think he is an American Pit Bull Terrier but could be wrong. I have looked on his site but cant find it there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

yeah hes a pit bull!he has a couple of them in his pack that he uses for rehabilating dogs at his centre

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

I think he's a lovely dog.
    Quite a submissive beast too - not exactly the macho image that the mention of Pit Bull brings to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

kildara wrote: »
    I think he's a lovely dog.
    Quite a submissive beast too - not exactly the macho image that the mention of Pit Bull brings to mind.
    He's a lovely dog, most dogs are when handled correctly, regardless of breed. But I agree with you, daddy and ceaser, no matter what people think of his methods, are great ambassadors for the breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I dont mean to be piggy when i say this but why dont you google it.If you are considering you want a Daddy becacuse of what you have seen on the tV,you really need to do your home work.He is an exceptation the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

texas star wrote: »
    I dont mean to be piggy when i say this but why dont you google it.If you are considering you want a Daddy becacuse of what you have seen on the tV,you really need to do your home work.He is an exceptation the rule.

No, I wont be getting one, I wouldn't choose a dog based on seeing one on TV. I just wanted to confirm what breed he was, as I have never seen a Pit Bull in the flesh. It would be pretty difficult to get one, as Pit Bulls are illegal in the UK - though I think you may still be able to own one in Ireland?

He's a lovely dog, most dogs are when handled correctly, regardless of breed.

Totally agree. Its a real pity that such breeds get such a bad reputation due to uneducated delinquents using them as protection - which can end in the breed being banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

And what rule would that be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 donlerz

yes it is on the website!its an american pit bull terrier.
    he got it of a rapper that could not care for him any more!
    id say its an old pit bull!he is a lovly 1 doe:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I'd be interested as well to hear what kind of rule that would be? I am living with the breed for over 25 years and had hundreds of them in rescue here, so maybe I've missed something ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bump for a clarification on this rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

He is an exceptation the rule.

Yeah, we're all still waiting for your response, texas star.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

Oh i just LOOOOOOVVVEEEE daddy, he's such a fab dog, he's the dogs b****x LOL or the bees knees! Cesar rocks... i know alot of ppl questions his methods but i love the way he works, and he gets so many brilliant results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I think the "rule" that Texas is referring to is a rule of the ignorant masses.
    I think this rule can be found in "Rules of the Ignorant Masses - Vol 3"

Rule Section C - Subsection f:
    "Any dog that has been declared vicious or dangerous by the media shall henceforth be known as a vicious animal. Do not try dispute this rule, for if you do, you shall no longer be considered ignorant and expulsion from our sacred order will result"

I am open to correction here, but I think that is the gist of it.

Noopti wrote: »
    I think the "rule" that Texas is referring to is a rule of the ignorant masses.
    I think this rule can be found in "Rules of the Ignorant Masses - Vol 3"

Rule Section C - Subsection f:
    "Any dog that has been declared vicious or dangerous by the media shall henceforth be known as a vicious animal. Do not try dispute this rule, for if you do, you shall no longer be considered ignorant and expulsion from our sacred order will result"

I am open to correction here, but I think that is the gist of it.

PMSL noopti.... very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 settergirl

When we were kids living over in Wales(we were all under 10yrs old) we had a pitbull terrier bitch she was absolutley lovely we used to jump all over her and she would follow us everywhere and she slept in bed with my younger brother every night. She was soooo loving and docile. My Nan kept getting broken into so my dad took the dog over to nans house for a while as a deterrent and Nan never had her house robbed again (Big Bad robbers were scared of the Big Bad Pitbull :rolleyes: !!).

Unfortunately she had to be PTS when the ban came in and the whole family were heartbroken. They really are lovley dogs with the right ownership.

settergirl wrote: »
    Unfortunately she had to be PTS when the ban came in and the whole family were heartbroken. They really are lovley dogs with the right ownership.

What?? In Wales they introduced a full ban on this breed and culled them?? That can't be right.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 settergirl

Not 100% sure what the ban entailed because i was only 10yrs old at the time, but my parents were definatley told to PTS, I think someone had reported my parents for owning her after the ban came in.

settergirl wrote: »
    Not 100% sure what the ban entailed because i was only 10yrs old at the time, but my parents were definatley told to PTS, I think someone had reported my parents for owning her after the ban came in.

That's horrible... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

sure is horrible, hope they never bring in a ban dog act over here.

Daddy is lovely, are his ears cropped?

yeah unfortunately daddy's ears are cropped! I don't agree with cropping ears at all and i have a dane... besides its illegal here, its still legal in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

Is the only reason it is done, for cosmetic reasons? I know some people say the likes of docking is done for for hunting reasons/ injuries.
    It looks awful, makes his head look disproportioned.

I don't agree with either practice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement