Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 hi-def and suround sound

• 18-12-2008 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi sorry for my ignorence but can someone help me.
    I have a 360, a hd ready tv and a dvd player and surround sound for it.
    My problem is how can I hook my 360 up to tv so to get hi-def gaming and also use the surround.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

connect the 360 to the TV with HDMI and to the sound system with an optical cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

360 to tv using the component cables (red, blue, green) and make sure the switch is set to HD. Or buy a VGA cable and connect it to the TV proivded it has a VGA connection. Or if it's a HDMI Xbox, buy a HDMI cable and connect it to the TV provided it has HDMI ports.

For the sound, Red and White stereo cables on the component cable, connect them to the amp (if it speakers connect through the dvd player you'll need to plug them into this). VGA cable same idea, connect Red and White cables to amp.

HDMI carries sound, so I'm not sure how best to go about that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 agent 47

thanks fo the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

The only way to get 5.1 digital sound is either a top end home cinema with HDMI in and output. Or by using the optical cable. Problem is you need an adapter to have HDMI to the TV and optical to home cinema.
    I just found it easier to use VGA to TV and optical to home cinema. Got VGA and optical lead pack in Harvey Norman for 2 euro. Which is almost for nothing.

If you use the red and white analog components the best you'll get is pro logic. Which is basically stereo split into more channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hdmi + optical cable but I believe if yer using the official hdmi cable that comes with the 360 you may have to crack open the casing to fit the optical besde it at the back of the 360.

*open to correction on this but i believe I read this on boards a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

kaimera wrote: »
    hdmi + optical cable but I believe if yer using the official hdmi cable that comes with the 360 you may have to crack open the casing to fit the optical besde it at the back of the 360.

*open to correction on this but i believe I read this on boards a while back.

No your right. You can either mod the old AV cable that came with the 360 so you can have both HDMI and optical. Or by an adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I use an HDMI cable to connect to my projector, have a vga cable plugged into the xbox simply because of its optical out being connected to my surround sound system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭blobert

Haven't tried this yet, going to see if HDMI picture is noticably better than Componant before I do, no real point otherwise and it means I'll just have the XBox AV cable hanging around as well as the HDMI one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FptCB_3DOz4

Advertisement