Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't figure out how to remove CPU heatsink retention module

• 18-12-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm trying to remove the heatsink renetion module from this motherboard but I don't see how I can?

I've attached a photo of it from both sides of the motherboard (sorry for the bad quality).

As you can see there's no pin or screw holding it there. It's a medion computer. Don't tell me they actually rivetted the thing on there?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've done it before, its quite common. Its probably stuck to the back of the board with a sticky fixer pad, just slide a credit card in from the side, will take a bit of pressure but it will break the bond, come in from all 4 sides until You can pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

hair drier is the special tool that you need.

Blow hot air for 1-2 minutes and you'll see. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

unseen wrote: »
    hair drier is the special tool that you need.

Blow hot air for 1-2 minutes and you'll see. :D

QFT !

I had the same issue with my TR ultra 120 extreme, the sticky pad just would not move at all. Used a hair drier and it was off in no time at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

You guys need to man up and start using blow-torches :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Thanks lads. I'll have to get me hands on a hair dryer so! Any suggestions on how I should stick it back on to the underside of another motherboard when/if I manage to get it off?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 andrewison

KamiKazi wrote: »
    You guys need to man up and start using blow-torches :cool:

Why doesn Tim Allen and Tool Time pop to mind ...

Advertisement