Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Dew Coming?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/news/855193/Pepsi-rolls-7 00m-global-brand-makeover
    LONDON - Pepsi has unveiled a new-look logo as part of a radical $1.2bn (£700m) global brand revamp ahead of plans to launch its US brands Mountain Dew and Sierra Mist in the UK.

The brand's red and blue globe icon was created in the 50s. The company now wants it to portray a series of 'smiles' on packaging across the portfolio.

PepsiCo says that the Diet Pepsi logo has a 'slight grin', Pepsi's a 'full smile', while that for Pepsi Max expresses laughter. The font accompanying the logo will shift from a bold upper-case to a retro lower-case format, with the 'e' mimicking the white curve of the classic logo.

The planned launch of Mountain Dew and Sierra Mist will cast doubt on the future of PepsiCo's 7-Up brand in the UK market.

Citrus-flavoured Mountain Dew, which has been renamed Mtn Dew, has been available in the UK before; it was launched in 1996 but dropped in 1998 following poor sales. In the US, the brand targets the youth market through its associations with extreme sports and computer games.

PepsiCo launched lemon-and-lime soft drink Sierra Mist in the US in 2000 as a rival to Coca-Cola's Sprite, but also to its own 7-Up. A limited-edition Cranberry Splash variant of Sierra Mist, which is an official partner and sponsor of Major League Soccer, was launched over the winter.

Pepsi recently claimed its biggest ever share of the UK cola market, with 23%-24%, following heavy marketing activity for Pepsi Max. However, globally the brand announced plans to cut jobs as a result of poor profits.

Coming back to the UK, wonder will it come over here, God I hope so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

+1

Aw that would be great,god I love Mountain Dew!

and if they bought Lipton Ice Tea aswell............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

You have just made Christmas come early... THANK YOU!

Seriously thank you... I am going to drink the can my girlfriend gave me a few months back which I've been saving for a special occassion when I watch Colbert tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

Yay!!!Living in korea at the min and the best thing about the country is that they have Mountain Dew :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

7 Up is Pepsi? Ignorance is a sin,I never knew

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

donmeister wrote: »
    +1

Aw that would be great,god I love Mountain Dew!

and if they bought Lipton Ice Tea aswell............:D
    Just to let you know you can get ice tea in ireland if you dont already know it..?

To be Honest i wouldn see Mountain Dew being to popular over here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

kerno wrote: »
    Just to let you know you can get ice tea in ireland if you dont already know it..?

Yeah I know,but thats Nestea,NOTHING in comparison to Lipton's Ice Tea imo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd be absolutely delighted if I could get Mountain Dew over here. I nearly went into spasms of delight when I found blue Gatorade.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This would be amazing.
    I love Mountain Dew...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

You can get cans & bottles of Mountain Dew in Limerick. Most of the polish shops sell it. I also picked up a can of cherry 7up last night and it was so good. 330ml_7up_cherry-thumb.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone in Ireland to stock grape soda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

You can get cans & bottles of Mountain Dew in Limerick. Most of the polish shops sell it.

Anywhere in Dublin stock Mountain Dew?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

There is a Asian food shop on Capel Street that sells cans, I think its €1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

anywhere in cork that sells mountain dew?

had some in america and i love the stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You can get cans & bottles of Mountain Dew in Limerick. Most of the polish shops sell it. I also picked up a can of cherry 7up last night and it was so good. 330ml_7up_cherry-thumb.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone in Ireland to stock grape soda.

I think I say grape fanta in a south african food shop if that helps. Wonder what sort of mileage those cans clocked up??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

you can get mountain dew in the arabic stores but it's not as nice as the stuff you get in the states....

it would be great if it officially launched in this country but we don't even have vitamin water yet and that's been in the uk over a year now....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Crellis31

I know a website of a business in dsouth dublin, they have Moutain dew original and code red, Cream soda and Root beer, Im sure they would get 7up cherry or any other kinds of drinks and sweets from the states, cheap prices too. sweettoothcandy.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

For any cross border shoppers (me) you can get mountain dew in sainsburys and asdas

To my delight the €2 shop in Ennis now stocks cherry coke.Woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ronanos

Is there anywhere that stock Mountain Dew in or near Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

tfak85 wrote: »
    you can get mountain dew in the arabic stores but it's not as nice as the stuff you get in the states....

it would be great if it officially launched in this country but we don't even have vitamin water yet and that's been in the uk over a year now....
    What is vitamin water,Ive not come across it before in my travels?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

donmeister wrote: »
    Yeah I know,but thats Nestea,NOTHING in comparison to Lipton's Ice Tea imo
    Get yourself to a €2 shop lad! 3 bottles for €2 at the moment, LOOOOVE Lipton ice tea :)

They have cherry 7up too, addictive stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I'd prefer if they brought root beer here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Tesco have 2lt of ginger beer,its their own brand,and its scrummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColumnLunch

Just to let you know that Spar on the quays in Dublin beside the James Joyce bridge (near Blackhall Place) is now selling Mountain Dew. YAY!!

They are now selling other American candy and beverages too although the selection wasn't great.

They are selling:
    1. Mountain Dew
    2. Dr Pepper Original and Diet
    3. Welch's Grape Drink(I think)
    4. Dad's Soda and other types of Cane soda etc

The only candy I saw was Twizzlers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is there no love for Sierra Mist here??

I was hooked on that stuff over in the states, Mountain Dew is also awesome and i cant wait to pick up a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColumnLunch

I should add that there were only cans on sale and not bottles.

Sierra Mist? I could be wrong but that is ringing a bell with me. It might be in that shop too. I will take a look this evening and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

ronanos wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that stock Mountain Dew in or near Limerick?

Asian store on Henry Street has cans for a euro a pop. Also AWB ginger ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

dubh101 wrote: »
    Tesco have 2lt of ginger beer,its their own brand,and its scrummy.

Saw this in Tesco and intend to try it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I got a can of Moutain Dew in the Spar in Donnybrook there last week when I was going by if anyone's looking for it in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

In philippines at the mo, and Mountain dew is everywhere.. I need to find this when I get home.. I take it none of the major stores have it like dunnes/tescos?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dotty145

Mountain Dew to go on general sale in ireland this march

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

dotty145 wrote: »
    Mountain Dew to go on general sale in ireland this march
    Interesting now just need Vanilla coke to make a return.

Advertisement