Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Dew Coming?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

dotty145 wrote: »
    Mountain Dew to go on general sale in ireland this march

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

dotty145 wrote: »
    Mountain Dew to go on general sale in ireland this march

Yay.

Did a 5000+ mile bike trip in the States last Summer. Hydration was mostly Diet Mountain Dew. Have been craving it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

will all shops sell it? centra, spar ect?

if anyone gets any more updates on its arrival post it up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The Gala shop in East Road, East Wall, Dublin sells it now. I assume it'll be everywhere in a matter of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lmkman

Work as la buyer for a food wholesaler told we will be able to order it from tomorrow. Club have competition to oasis coming out. Lucozade have Lite orange coming out and a Blackcurrant Lucozade.

have yet to see it anywhere in cork anaway

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Londis in Belgard Rd, Tallaght stock bottles of Mountain Dew. Oh the smile etched on my face as I grasped at the remaining 5 bottles! :D

They also usually stock them in many Asian supermarkets around Dublin. I think the Chinese Emporium in Abbey Street stock them, or they used to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'm going there tomorrow before work. Haven't got mountain dew in ages....nom nom nom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rixuraxu

It's now available in the student union shop in UCD branded as "mountain dew energy" just a ploy to make it safe to sell because of its high caffeine level, it's the same as always, my prayers have been answered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

On sale in Spar in DCU for €1.59 a bottle. Maybe I hyped it up too much in my mind but it wasn't as nice as I remember it being in the U.S. Perhaps it was because it wasn't that cold but it just didn't seem as sweet.

ah it has to be cold

any soft drinks out there have to be cold, a lot of fridges in shops barely cool cans and bottles sadly

get it back to ur own fridge and lob it into the freezer for half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 26,151 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Joyces Supermarkets across Galway have Mountain Dew.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Guys, the minute anyone spots it in Cork, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Berty wrote: »
    Joyces Supermarkets across Galway have Mountain Dew.

:eek:Ahh!!:eek:

/flakes away to joyces at top speed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Yippee!!! Gavins in Castlebar have Mountain Dew now, if anyone wanted to know, im very happy about it , even though I shouldnt be!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

I get Mountain Dew often from a Polish shop. There is one in Roscommon that sells cans of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

you can get cans of mountan dew in the manila cafe on abbey street. Just saying is all..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Bambi wrote: »
    you can get cans of mountan dew in the manila cafe on abbey street. Just saying is all..

What price?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

donmeister wrote: »
    Yeah I know,but thats Nestea,NOTHING in comparison to Lipton's Ice Tea imo

Tesco Merrion (in Dublin) have both Nestea and Lipton Ice Tea Lemon. Don't know about elsewhere though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What price?

I dunno, I usually buy one if i'm tucking into their all you can eat effort. Mountain dew is popular in the philippines so they might have it in the store a few doors downs, or in any pinoy store maybe.

I just wish I could get the large glass bottles, MD is the only fizzy drink i really like.

any spotted in cork yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

It's in "Sullies" (O' Sullivan and Hansbury's) in Ennis. It's called Mountain Dew Energy... It's just not the same though. Tastes more bitter and I'm not liking the luminous yellow/green bottles. Pepsi, ffs, please... just give me an origional Mountain Dew, I'd even pay €2 for it!!!!!

Never thought of the "forign" (Irish ignorance :rolleyes:) shop's in town, anyone know if the Polish store down by the market has any?

EDIT: Just read the bottle, it's got 60g of sugar in it so its not that then, but it seems to be a bit more bitter still, kinda like theres an entire squeezed lemon in it.

what flavour is mountain dew meant to be...?

i dont remember it tasting of lemons when i had it in america, i cant describe what it tasted like, i just remember thinking it was great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

I'm pretty sure you can buy Mountain Dew in that Asian Market on street at the other side of the George's Street arcade (not the George's Street entrance). I've seen people buy it there, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

BArra wrote: »

i dont remember it tasting of lemons when i had it in america, i cant describe what it tasted like, i just remember thinking it was great ;)

It's not lemon flavoured, it's just a bitter original Mtn Dew.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

donmeister wrote: »
    Yippee!!! Gavins in Castlebar have Mountain Dew now, if anyone wanted to know, im very happy about it , even though I shouldnt be!! :D
    Where abouts is Gavins in Castlebar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

jvc wrote: »
    Where abouts is Gavins in Castlebar?

Its across from the courthouse near the mall

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

BArra wrote: »

It's a "citrus flavour" so that could mean lemon and lime (which you would assume considering the colour of the bottle) or any other citrus fruit.
    I know concentrated orange juice is above any other flavouring in the drink but I would never call it an orange soft drink. So you could same an orangey lemonade.

Or..

Sweet, fake taste. :pac:

Haven't seen it around Sligo yet! :(

Mtn Dew CODE RED omnomnomnom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Had the Energy one the other day, it just tastes like Sprite. I love the colour of the bottle though!

Advertisement