Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majel Barrett Roddenberry, RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

So close to Christmas :(

I have fond memories of Lwaxana Troi tormenting the crews of TNG and DS9, R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

RIP.

Fingers crossed we'll be hearing her one last time soon enough - she was confirmed recently i think for doing the Computer voice in the new Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

RIP.

Some fantastic moments as the outspoken Lwaxana Troy, and certainly ranking alongside Q as one of the more memorable characters of TNG and DS9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

Very sad news, it's going to feel that much more poignant to hear her voice in the new movie for the final time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Lemming wrote: »
    Some fantastic moments as the outspoken Lwaxana Troy, and certainly ranking alongside Q as one of the more memorable characters of TNG and DS9

Definitely. Love or hate Lwaxana Troi, no-one could possibly call the character forgettable :)

Also the only actor to feature in every single series of Star Trek to date - and a fair few of the movies too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I won't be able to get this out of my mind all night, it's really going to colour the evenings pleasure session.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

She was alright lookin back in TOS. She always annoyed me as Lawaxana Troi.

RIP though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

That's terrible, she was a good actress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Very sad.

Saying don’t be afraid
    Come on, baby
    And she had no fear
    And she ran to him
    Then they started to fly
    They looked backward and said goodbye
    She had become like they are
    She had taken his hand
    She had become like they are
    Come on, baby
    Don’t fear the reaper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

SofaK wrote: »
    RIP.

Fingers crossed we'll be hearing her one last time soon enough - she was confirmed recently i think for doing the Computer voice in the new Trek.

cool - i didnt know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sad to hear that.

Poor nurse Chapel...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just read that she was the voice of the the computer in TOS - and I didn't know that !

wow-

Less than 10 days before her death, on December 9, 2008, Roddenberry Productions announced that she would be providing the voice of the ship's computer once again, this time for the 2009 motion picture relaunch of Star Trek.[1][6] Sean Rossall, Roddenberry family spokesman, stated that she had already completed the voiceover work, approximately December 4, 2008.[1]

She finished her work on the new star trek movie on dec 4th - less than a week before her death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

fans of nepotism will miss her

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

R.I.P Majel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

This is awful news :(

At least she got to complete her latest work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Was very sad to hear about that. RIP Majel Barrett Roddenberry. I really liked her character of Lwaxanna Troi. There was a lot you could do with her character, very versatile. She recorded her audio scenes for the computer for the new Star Trek movie earlier, not too long before she passed away. She will be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Trek just wont be the same without her cameos or her voice!

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Just found out about this now. A sad xmas:(

Lwaxana Troi, Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just read this now. :( RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

If you've got to go then this is the way to go.... :cool:

If you've got to go then this is the way to go.... :cool:

I was just about to post this...

Remains of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and his wife, Majel Barrett Roddenberry, will be shot into space next year by Celestis Inc., the Associated Press reported; the couple's cremated remains will be sealed into specially made capsules designed to withstand the rigors of space travel.

I wonder how long a capsule like that could remain intact for?

Advertisement