Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here going to the Fun Ride on the 21st?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

KCK hunt club are organising it. Saw the ad for it on Donedeal. Unfortunately I'm working that day:mad:

I always hear about these things when its too late.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

A few details maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Who are KCK? I'd love to do something like this over Christmas although it would probably have to be in hacking distance.. Must buy the Irish field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Anyone know who the kck hunt club are? Haven't heard of them before and didn't know there was a hunt in north Kildare...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

convert wrote: »
    Anyone know who the kck hunt club are? Haven't heard of them before and didn't know there was a hunt in north Kildare...

KCK i think is Charlie O'Neills Crowd(based in Abbeylkands in clane), I know them as the killeens, also the Kildare Foxhounds is based in north kildare, the kennels are in punchestown racecourse

• Advertisement

Kck is not the Kildare Foxhounds though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Nope, not the Kildare Foxhounds. They're actually based in 'Kildare' as the name suggests, with the Kennels in Punchestown, though they hunt from north Kildare, to West Wicklow, to parts of Offaly and Meath.

I wasn't aware that the group based in Abbeylands had changed their name - last I heard they were the North Kildare Farmers....

convert wrote: »
    Nope, not the Kildare Foxhounds. They're actually based in 'Kildare' as the name suggests, with the Kennels in Punchestown, though they hunt from north Kildare, to West Wicklow, to parts of Offaly and Meath.

I wasn't aware that the group based in Abbeylands had changed their name - last I heard they were the North Kildare Farmers....

thats really informative, repeat exactly what i just said, look at a map, punchestown, its in north kildare and charlies group have been known as the kileens since their conception(nice contradiction for yourself there, maybe the som,e of the mods here should learn thier facts before the speak), so don't re-iterate my information as if you know what your talking about!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

convert was just replying to Zarabas question!

All the chopping and changing of hunts is hard to keep up with.

skink wrote: »
    thats really informative, repeat exactly what i just said, look at a map, punchestown, its in north kildare and charlies group have been known as the kileens since their conception(nice contradiction for yourself there, maybe the som,e of the mods here should learn thier facts before the speak), so don't re-iterate my information as if you know what your talking about!!!

Infraction for being abusive.

• Advertisement

oops, look at the time of my post, I was drunk, didn't recollect being on here, anyway thanks for the infraction, nice to know someone cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 confoosed

skink wrote: »

killeens aint nothin to do with norht kildare farmres. nvr heard of em be4 today.and as far as i kno naas is south kildare not norht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

<snip>
    Please report the post.
    This issue has already been brought to the attention of the party in question.

Right - can people please report any posts they have a problem with?

And can we stop with the personal attacks - attack the post, not the poster otherwise we have to start infracting people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 greeneyes13

i going on a fun ride tomorrow and im almost sure its near clane.. im following others though i wasnt really listening when they said where it was

its for charity though, a fundraiser for the ISPCA i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

That one for the ISPCA was near Kilmeague wasnt it ?? How was it i was going to go but said i would have been out all day & travelled an hour to get there,

I think the initial thread was about a Charity ride in Dec 21st!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 greeneyes13

yup thats the one i was at

good fun, i wouldve liked more xc jumps, most of the jumping was fixed metal barriers and gates onto roads. too risky in my opinion

some nice gallops though and all in all a good day was had:D

i was dying to get off my ride by the end. he wouldnt stop jogging the whole way round and my back is in bits today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Radox bath greeneyes13, too bad about the jumps. They would not be designated as jumps so surely they invalidated their insurance?

Advertisement