Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

water in door pocket

Options
  • 18-12-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

hi, just wondering if anyone else have came across this problem, i have a 06 megane 1.4 and there is water getting into passenger door pocket, ive cleaned it up for it to just happen again, any ideas how to fix or whats causing this. thanks for your time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Probably a torn/broken window seal. Can you see any water above the pocket, i.e. where it's dripping from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

First thing to check is to see if the door panel is wet higher up than the pocket,
    If it is then maybe the rubber door seal at the top is letting water in there, or it could be coming in at bottom of window (another rubber seal)

If not then maybe there is a fault with the seal at the bottom of door.

Could this car be still under warranty, might be worth checking that with your local reno garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

You could get someone to sit in car while you spray that door with the garden hose, might help you spot where its coming in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bigred1986

i had good look at door no sign of any water but the puddle in the pocket, the warrenty is up im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bigred1986

done wat u said jack frosty and no sign of water dripping in, ill keep close eye when its raining

• Advertisement
Advertisement