Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse and keybord stop working during boot up

Options
  • 18-12-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey, this is wrecking my head.

have a pc i built 2+ years ago.
    just put a new 480w psu in it.
    when i boot up i can go into the bios and the keyboard works fine for as long as you like, the mouse is lit up fine,
    then when i hit F1 to boot up windows, they both stop working, i need to boot from cd,
    they're both usb but the same happens with a old style keybord too.
    i dont think its the psu...
    the old one kicked the bucket while my bro had it and there might have been other problems with it.. motherbord? someone say it aint so!

any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

first try loading the default bios settings, can't see it being a setting there if a ps/2 keyboard won't work either. Try that anyways, maybe reset the bios using the jumpers on the mainboard. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

resetting the bios wasnt doin much.

ill give it a go later on again, now im pretty sure its the connection between the ps/2 and the mother board, ill see what i can do but i think this could be it. :(

ill let you know what i find out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

humm if it is the ps/2 that's fecked you could try enabling "legacy usb" so that you'll be able to use usb devices i.e. a usb keyboard to launch windows setup.

Advertisement