Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric guitar exams

Options
  • 18-12-2008 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've been playing guitar for a few years on and off, nothing serious but in an effort to get more disciplined in my practise I'm thinking of doing some guitar exams in the new year. I've been looking at the Registry of Guitar Tutors exams and the Rockschool ones as I don't play classical guitar at all and don't read music too well. I like the look of the Rockschool way of examining as you actually get to perform pieces whereas RGT has rhythm and lead playing tests instead. I'd like to start at around grade 5 and go on from there. Has anybody done exams with either board and what was your opinion of them?

Advertisement