Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfairly banned from Fitness for a month when it should be a week...

Options
  • 18-12-2008 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

I just got banned by smashey for 1 MONTH from the Fitness forum. Now I know I have being no angel but one month is extremly unfair in my circumstances. Where did I personally abuse anybody or spam or use fowl language? I was simply looking for advice on my behalf which was all true. OK so I under modded abit but STILL 1 MONTH? This can't be right. 1 week I thought since it was my first ban from fitness? PLEASE revoke this.

Smashey said this:

Oh hai, I got your reported post and I'd just like to point you in the general direction of the charter and the sections dealing with back seat modding and more specifically trolling.

Having read your dubious contributions to this forum, I'm of the opinion you are a troll. One minute you're running, the next you can't, then you're lifting and now you have a big belly. I has teh confusion. confused.gif

g'em also gave you a warning yesterday but that obviously fell on deaf ears.

What to do, what to do? Here's my Christmas present to you.

You just got a shiny infraction and a ban from this forum for a month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

How have you been no angel, what have you done that leads you to say that? Surely if you were looking for genuine advice on your behalf that was all true, then the mod shouldn't even ban you for a week. Why the agreement of a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

Gordon wrote: »
    How have you been no angel, what have you done that leads you to say that? Surely if you were looking for genuine advice on your behalf that was all true, then the mod shouldn't even ban you for a week. Why the agreement of a week?

Isin't that the way boards work? 1 week for your first ban on a particular forum, a month for your 2nd, 6 months for your 3rd etc?

No, it depends on the circumstances. That is the preferred timescale but there is no hard and fast rule, if a mod thinks that one week is not enough of a ban then they will ban for longer.

Why have you been no angel, can you explain that a little more?

Well I suppose I was no angel because I was 'under modding'. Yes I know it is against the charter and I had being warned but people were pissing me off by going off topic in my threads and replying with smart answers. I was warned yes but ignored it. I was NEVER abusive to any posters infact some were to me, yes I reported some posts and I have being 'labelled' a troll because of my behaviour which has hurt me considerably.

What is 'under modding'?

• Advertisement

Oh smart arse comments from you now. Like you don't know.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean backseat modding? Or trolling?

Looking at your ban history your first ban from Politics was for one month, this is still in effect. Your first ban from Weather was permanent. You have a 7 day ban in effect in Afterhours and historic bans from Fashion/Appearance and Personal Issues. This makes me think that you are causing a tad too much hassle on this site for one person.

Advertisement