Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What happens if you get a speeding fine but you weren't driving that day?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am moving abroad for a few months and while I am gone, my father will drive my car maybe once a week to try and stop it rusting/dying.
    What happens if he gets caught speeding by a GATSO, and I get the speeding fine in the post? Can I argue that I was outof the country at the time, or will the points automatically go on my licence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

AFAIK, you get the fine and the points unless your da admits that he was driving. Then the points and fine get sent to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

If your dad gets a ticket from the GATSO it will be posted to where the car is registered. There is a section on the rear of the ticket to fill in if you want to nominate another driver. If the ticket is ignored a summons will be sent to that address.

Advertisement