Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAC 51 -The Hacienda Warehouse Party

• 18-12-2008 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to this yet in Manchester?

What a fcuking result, this was originally supposed to be on the 13th December and i had planned to go but then couldn't afford it so i just assumed it went ahead, imagine my surprise when i seen this poster, and im in Glasgow that day for the old firm game with some mates, probably wont get a ticket for the game especially seen as it's in Ibrox but fcuk it ill watch it on TV then head to this, what an amazing line up, The Mondays are my second favourite band of all time behind the Stone Roses and to see 808 State again a month later after seeing them here will be amazing and Slam and Darren Emerson are legends.

YOU BEAUTY:D:D

mondays_13th_december.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Looks ****ing deadly, Indeedy the stone roses are my favourite band of all time also. Great line up, as long as Shaun Ryder decides to turn up and if he does lets hope he doesnt get bored and walk off halfway through!!!! Its a pity Graeme Parks, Lee Haslam, Mike Pickering or John Da Silva aint playing. Having said that I would ****ing kill to go to that!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yeah it would be ideal if Parky and co were to play as well but this line up alone is amazing, fcuk me this is gonna be the best month in years for music for me anyway, Hacienda Warehouse Party then Fantazia 4 days later it doesn't get much better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Looks ****ing deadly, Indeedy the stone roses are my favourite band of all time also. Great line up, as long as Shaun Ryder decides to turn up and if he does lets hope he doesnt get bored and walk off halfway through!!!!
    I think you're confusing Shaun Ryder from the Happy Mondays with Ian Brown from the Stone Roses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Oh wow, a bunch of completely washed up and drugged out mancs who have lost whatever charm they had (mondays), some of the members of ACR must be pushing like mid fifties/sixties, then an 'acid house' set by Slam and something by 808 State who are obviously in a bit of tax difficulty or something. AND the whole thing finishes up @ 1am.

(If this wasn't in the Hacienda and if it didn't have Darren Emerson attached to it, I would have just torn this apart outright. No mention of ticket prices either, but you can bet they'll be in the £30+ pricerange.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jimi_t wrote: »
    No mention of ticket prices either, but you can bet they'll be in the £30+ pricerange.
    £25.45 + £3.50 booking fee

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think you're confusing Shaun Ryder from the Happy Mondays with Ian Brown from the Stone Roses.

Ehh, I think I know that Shaun Ryder is the lead singer of the Happy Mondays & Mr Brown is the lead singer of the Stone Roses. :confused: I was just agreeing with Jonny on the favourite band thing and in the next sentence I was referring to the gig in Glasgow, saying hopefully Shaun Ryder is bothered with the whole thing. ;)

(If this wasn't in the Hacienda and if it didn't have Darren Emerson attached to it, I would have just torn this apart outright. No mention of ticket prices either, but you can bet they'll be in the £30+ pricerange.)

I dsont really understand this comment mate, are you saying because it is in the Hacienda and because it has Darren Emerson you think its ok? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

hours are a bit odd but could be good

Oh wow, a bunch of completely washed up and drugged out mancs who have lost whatever charm they had (mondays), some of the members of ACR must be pushing like mid fifties/sixties, then an 'acid house' set by Slam and something by 808 State who are obviously in a bit of tax difficulty or something. AND the whole thing finishes up @ 1am.

There's always 1:rolleyes: clearly your in a minority and these acts/dj's are still big otherwise these type of events would not happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

jonny68 wrote: »
    There's always 1:rolleyes: clearly your in a minority and these acts/dj's are still big otherwise these type of events would not happen.

are you sure? washed up is probably the best description of that lineup anyone could come up with.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    are you sure? washed up is probably the best description of that lineup anyone could come up with.
    ah if it isn't our very own "professional" minimal musician, trust you Jeffrey boy to jump on and stir it up, when you've achieved a miniscule of what these bands and dj's have over the decades then you might be in some position to comment.

ah if it isn't our very own "professional" minimal musician, trust you Jeffrey boy to jump on and stir it up, when you've achieved a miniscule of what these bands and dj's have over the decades then you might be in some position to comment.

personal abuse reported

ah if it isn't our very own "professional" minimal musician,
    eh i don't have any minimal releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i thought you were the minority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

personal abuse reported

I see nothing abusive about jonny68's comment. In future, please keep the reported post function for genuine complaints.

I see nothing abusive about jonny68's comment. In future, please keep the reported post function for genuine complaints.

really? ok.

well if it isn't our jonny, posting up how he's going to an Old Firm game (why doesn't that surprise me), and more of the usual.

When you even have a 'profession' maybe you can afford to take such a tone with me.
    If you don't think these guys are wash-ups then again, you are more deluded than anyone can possibly have imagined (and I'm pretty sure most people around here think you're fairly deluded).

Then again, you're the type to go to Old Firm matches, blame politicians for the fact you've no money, spout uneducated opinions on everything from music to business to national socioeconomic situations.

And then to add to your credibility, you reply in a sincere way to spammers.

Until you have achieved anything in your life, you are not in a position to comment. On anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Now you're just deliberately trolling, baiting Jonny68, and generally getting on my nerves. I'd really advise you to stop being a nuisance, jtsuited, it isn't big or clever.

Now you're just deliberately trolling, baiting Jonny68, and generally getting on my nerves. I'd really advise you to stop being a nuisance, jtsuited, it isn't big or clever.

i find nothing about my post troll-like. I responded within the context of his post.

which you didn't find abusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Yeah it would be ideal if Parky and co were to play as well but this line up alone is amazing, fcuk me this is gonna be the best month in years for music for me anyway, Hacienda Warehouse Party then Fantazia 4 days later it doesn't get much better than that.

yes it does - check out Berlin!

• Advertisement

in fairness Johnny the mondays are well dead, ryder is clearly doing this for some smack money, better off just getting Bez on stage and slapping on a rave cd:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Looks the biz. 3pm Sat, jaysus I will still be recoverin from Lisa Lashes in the Tivoli :pac:

Giving serious consideration, Ive only been to Glasgow once, summer 07, and there is quite honestly no sounder, madder race of people than the Scots for a session.

Not to mention the birds treat Irish lads like celebrities :p

**** though Id love to see the Mondays live before Shaun dies :) I saw the Madchester Experience tribute act at ****** 2004, it was the business.

edit- seemingly change of venue so as yis know

http://www.gigsinscotland.com/events.html?cmd=view&event_id=4742

i was just about to disagree with this whole hacienda ethos, but at the end of the day its different strokes for different folks.

people on here can disagree all year but each to their own. i like one thing/style/genre and i dont expect the next person to agree with me.

if we all like the same thing there wouldnt be such a thing as genre's

well if it isn't our jonny, posting up how he's going to an Old Firm game (why doesn't that surprise me), and more of the usual.

When you even have a 'profession' maybe you can afford to take such a tone with me.
    If you don't think these guys are wash-ups then again, you are more deluded than anyone can possibly have imagined (and I'm pretty sure most people around here think you're fairly deluded).

Then again, you're the type to go to Old Firm matches, blame politicians for the fact you've no money, spout uneducated opinions on everything from music to business to national socioeconomic situations.

And then to add to your credibility, you reply in a sincere way to spammers.

Until you have achieved anything in your life, you are not in a position to comment. On anything.

unbelievable:rolleyes: im not even going to furnish this rubbish with a response,your trolling.

empirix wrote: »
    in fairness Johnny the mondays are well dead, ryder is clearly doing this for some smack money, better off just getting Bez on stage and slapping on a rave cd:D

they released a new album last year and subsequently went on a year long tour, doesn't sound like a band who are dead, 3 years ago i seen them in the MEN Arena in Manchester and there was 17,000 there,yes seventeen thousand i posted about it on this website
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=319030 forgive me if im wrong mate but that does not sound like a bad who are "washed up".

And Shaun Ryder does not take hard drugs anymore he has been clean for years, as far as im aware he only drinks and smokes weed thesedays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

id be very interested in seeing slam tbh.

and an acid house set...sounds different

they released a new album last year and subsequently went on a year long tour, doesn't sound like a band who are dead, 3 years ago i seen them in the MEN Arena in Manchester and there was 17,000 there,yes seventeen thousand i posted about it on this website
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=319030 forgive me if im wrong mate but that does not sound like a bad who are "washed up".

And Shaun Ryder does not take hard drugs anymore he has been clean for years, as far as im aware he only drinks and smokes weed thesedays.

yeah didnt know about the new album but the clip of them live on their website is absolutely muck!well washed up mate!

empirix wrote: »
    yeah didnt know about the new album but the clip of them live on their website is absolutely muck!well washed up mate!

How can they be washed up when they can play to crowds of 17,000 that's rubbish man, im not a big fan of their last album either but to suggest they are washed up is comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Happy Mondays were fairly washed up after Pills Thrills and Bellyaches in my opinion. Dont get me wrong I love the Mondays but their creative output has been fairly poor since then. Thats said it looks like a pretty cool event if your into the whole Factory / Hacienda thing. Im sure it will be a blast for anyone who goes.

• Advertisement

Jesus lads.

It's okay for some people to like the Hacienda stuff, it's a valid opinion, it's okay for others to criticise it, that's valid too. People will have different opinions on tunes or acts, can we not just live with that?

Now anyone who says 'Gypsy Woman' by Crystal Waters is rubbish is just a jerk, I'll scream and scream until I'm sick if you even think of doing that.

Jesus lads.

It's okay for some people to like the Hacienda stuff, it's a valid opinion, it's okay for others to criticise it, that's valid too. People will have different opinions on tunes or acts, can we not just live with that?

Now anyone who says 'Gypsy Woman' by Crystal Waters is rubbish is just a jerk, I'll scream and scream until I'm sick if you even think of doing that.

;)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I think its bollicks to dismiss a band/act/DJ because of their age or how long they are around, the key is whether they can still perform and if they can why the f*ck not?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah and I saw Leonard Cohen :o during the summer and he was unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Jtsuited and Jonny68 this constant squabbling has become really tiresome. We get that you both dont like each others musical tastes. How about a joint New Years resolution to quit the fussin and fuedin?

KevIRL wrote: »
    How about a joint New Years resolution to quit the fussin and fuedin?

what i think woould be better kev...

How about a joint, New Years, resolution to quit the fussin and fuedin?

how two little ,'s can make such a difference...

• Advertisement

Jtsuited and Jonny68 this constant squabbling has become really tiresome. We get that you both dont like each others musical tastes. How about a joint New Years resolution to quit the fussin and fuedin?

I'm not the one who constanly jumps into threads and starts slagging, anyway ive taken Karl Hungus' advice and put him on ignore.

thank fcuk for the ignore list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

well to be honest, johnny comes out with some really silly claims and thinks his opinion is gospel so i think its only fair that someone questions it.

woah woah woah. i was not the one to get personal on this thread. Jonny implied that someone was in the 'clear minority' and I said (quite politely) 'are you sure?'.

Then he launched into some ridiculous personal attack, which I reported. The mod said there was nothing wrong, and so I retorted in the same context as the post that was reported.

Then I receive infractions, get warnings etc.

So even when I play by the rules, I end up in trouble around here.

Jonny spouts constant repetitive bollocks around here (and has been abusive towards myself and other posters more than a few times), I call him out on it and reply to him in the same tone and a mod (Karl Hungus) decides to get all high and mighty.

Advertisement