Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gilberto Finished

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I only recall seeing him play 2 games... With 2 catastrophic mistakes. Still wouldn't be convinced that he's useless. But sure if Harry says he's not enjoying being at the club then we should just get him out asap in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We signed him because at the time he had the reputation as one of the best left backs around. He was the regular left full for Brazil and was apparently going to solve our No 3 problem. It has'nt worked out for him, so if he does leave, I wish him all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Hatch99 wrote: »
    We signed him because at the time he had the reputation as one of the best left backs around. He was the regular left full for Brazil and was apparently going to solve our No 3 problem. It has'nt worked out for him, so if he does leave, I wish him all the best.

If he was "one of the best LB's around" he would hardly come to Spurs to be our number 3! He came to spurs for around 2m, because he is a 3rd string player - we got exactly what we paid for - ship him out and move on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I assume you know that by saying ' our number 3' , i meant to be our regular left full, no 3 is the traditional left full number :rolleyes:
    At the time he was a regular in the Brazil side, so he must have been doing something right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

For a Brazilian footballer he was a very disappointing player for us,cant recall him doing anything of note,only the mistakes..another 2 mil wasted IMO..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4665723,00.html

For the best, have never seen him play even remotely well. Why we signed him I'll never know. Hopefully the rest of the dead wood will follow him out the door.

have to agree seen nothing of note from this lad

Advertisement