Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can an Smod review my Ban please?

Options
  • 19-12-2008 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've recieved a week's ban from the Pro Wrestling forum for the following reason :

Discussing or advocating illegal activities is not allowed on boards.ie (re: dodgy boxes)

Now, I was not aware that mentioning digi boxes was against the rules - there's nothing in the PW charter- but obviously I understand that talking about illegal activities is against boards' site rules. I was under the assumption that you can buy these boxes very legally in well established DIY shops.

If the discussion of having them or using them is against the rules, then that's fine by me I accept that, but is a ban without a warning warranted ?

NB:
    This is my second ban I've recieved from oresetes
    Here is the first:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57947766&postcount=98

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57948268&postcount=99

PW Charter:

Charter Please Read (UPDATED 17/11/2008) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revised charter

This forum is for the discussion of pro wrestling

1. You may link to videos on youtube.com/etc. But please make sure they are relevant to wrestling - and not vaguely related to wrestling (some kid playing with toys, etc) ALL video links must be posted in the relevant video thread. Video links posted elsewhere will be deleted or moved at the Mod's digression. 

2. No txt speak - c'mon people most of use do have a good command of english, so stop giving everyone a headache trying to decipher txt speak

3. All Irish organisation upcoming cards/results to be placed into the relevant sticky. Discussions can take place in normal threads

4. Personal attacks on users will not be tolerated - you will get an immediate and indefinite ban.

5. Any rumours/news must be posted with a credit - if you can copy and paste a news story, you can copy and past the url of the site you took it from.

6. Any arguments about anything that border on a slanderous or libellous nature will not be tolerated,. If you are using facts in an arguement - please give details of where you got them from.

7. No links to torrents, etc will be allowed.

8. Any non wrestling threads (e.g wrestling is ghey, will be deleted and the user banned for life) will be deleted and the user reported for being a prat.

9. If you are going to post spoilers, etc - please title your thread with "Show name - spoilers". To use spoiler tags in a post, type the spoiler in between [spoiler ] and [/spoiler ], without the spaces

CHARTER UPDATES (I'll clear it up and intigrate it into the charter properly when I get the chance later)

Flaming/baiting/trolling
    - Disrespectful posts, trolling, flaming, spamming, and aggressive behaviour will lead to a warning and/or a ban. 
    Muppetry in any shape or form will not be tolerated. 
    Posts which are made purely to get a use out of another user will result in a ban. No exceptions.

Off Topic
    - Dragging a thread off topic will result in a warning. Doing so repeatedly will result in a ban. Plain and simple.

Personal Abuse
    - Posters who abuse personally others will be banned. This includes insulting another user, making fun of them for something they post or do in real life, etc.. Attack the post, not the poster.

Arguing with a moderator
    - Do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning or a ban etc. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM the mod in question. They will discuss it with you. You can then, if unsatisfied with the PM route, take things to Feedback.

Reporting Posts
    Any thread or post that contravenes the charter should be reported. When reporting a post, make sure you have good reason. Someone disagreeing with you is not a troll, not all arguments are abusive etc. Do not reply to the post, simply report it and the moderators will deal with it.

Back-seat Modding
    - There is to be no back-seat modding. If you see a post that you feel may break the forum charter, report it. Do not tell the poster to edit/delete the post, just hit the report button. Also do not tell other posters how to act/post/etc.. These decisions are to be made by mods, doing so yourself will result in infractions, repeatedly doing so will result in bans.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

but is a ban without a warning warranted ?

Mods have been instructed that any discussion of anything illegal means delete and ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

So no chance of having the ban reversed? Even though I had no warning and wasn't aware that mentioning such digi boxes are against the rules ? (as I was unaware that they're illegal as they were being sold in B&Q and Lidl)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Was there some sort of fear that I'd continue talking about digi boxes and then being to start threads in PW forum detailing how to use one or something ?

Advertisement