Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts Forum and Shopping up North

Options
  • 19-12-2008 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Ok..I have been reading through a lot of the bargain alerts threads and one thing that really strikes me is the number of "bargain alerts" which turn into into a "hey it's cheaper up north". For a lot of the country it is not feasible to travel to the north to save a tenner on something so an awful lot of threads become useless to a lot of people as various offers available in the North are then discussed. Obviously a lot of people have an interest in these offers as they are in a position to travel but not everyone.

As a suggestion could we get a dedicated forum for Northern bargains or something like that, and restrict the actual bargain alerts forum to bargains available in this country or on internet sites who deliver to Ireland?

I know there is already a thread in the forum itself about general shopping in the north so maybe that would cover it although various other threads still become cluttered with the same stuff.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I think a subforum for NI bargains attached to the bargains forum would be great

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Oops...never mind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ludo wrote: »
    Ok..I have been reading through a lot of the bargain alerts threads and one thing that really strikes me is the number of "bargain alerts" which turn into into a "hey it's cheaper up north". For a lot of the country it is not feasible to travel to the north to save a tenner on something so an awful lot of threads become useless to a lot of people as various offers available in the North are then discussed. Obviously a lot of people have an interest in these offers as they are in a position to travel but not everyone.

As a suggestion could we get a dedicated forum for Northern bargains or something like that, and restrict the actual bargain alerts forum to bargains available in this country or on internet sites who deliver to Ireland?

I know there is already a thread in the forum itself about general shopping in the north so maybe that would cover it although various other threads still become cluttered with the same stuff.

That's a bit silly seeing as for some it would be easier/quicker to go to the north than Cork. Gobble Gobble Gobble, I'm a turkey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement