Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Finished?

• 19-12-2008 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Who here is finished? :)

I have one last one today, then finito!

What's the plans for the next day or two? And then for over the Christmas?

It seems there's alot of people who will be heading straight for the Football Manager :p I shall be doing likewise, except not til Christmas day (it's one of the gifts I'm getting) :(

My ritual as usual as soon as I'm finished is to come home, divide up my notes by module, shtick them into a shoebox or somethin, and get them out of my sight! Then clean the rest of my room. It's quite disconcerting to see the mess it's currently in!

Ye lot?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Been finished since Tuesday evening :)

Most of my current plans involve catching up on a LOT of sleep! I too have the problem that my room is in a complete and utter state, it took me about 20 minutes to find my running shoes last night (and I'd only worn them on Sunday!) - I'll have to clean it too. I should be going to the cinema tonight, friends are making plans to see Twilight, then possibly heading out afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's only temporary, you know... in 4 weeks' time, we're back in there again. I've been finished since Tuesday, but I'm not all that happy about it, since I suspect that the compressed study& exam schedule cost me major points. It didn't help that I was moving house at the same time, a process that was finally completed on ... Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dave! wrote: »
    Who here is finished? :)

I have one last one today, then finito!

What's the plans for the next day or two? And then for over the Christmas?

It seems there's alot of people who will be heading straight for the Football Manager :p I shall be doing likewise, except not til Christmas day (it's one of the gifts I'm getting) :(

My ritual as usual as soon as I'm finished is to come home, divide up my notes by module, shtick them into a shoebox or somethin, and get them out of my sight! Then clean the rest of my room. It's quite disconcerting to see the mess it's currently in!

Ye lot?

Yay, finished last night, and actually made it home from town at 5 last night(living in Wicklow). But there was reason to come home. I'm here starting my perfect holidays...playing Football Manager already:D Quyite literally my main planall holidays is to bring Atletico Madrid to world domination.
    Been finished since Tuesday evening :)

Most of my current plans involve catching up on a LOT of sleep! I too have the problem that my room is in a complete and utter state, it took me about 20 minutes to find my running shoes last night (and I'd only worn them on Sunday!) - I'll have to clean it too. I should be going to the cinema tonight, friends are making plans to see Twilight, then possibly heading out afterwards.

Is Twilight based on the book? I havent read it, but the author is influenced by Muse in her writings, so I wanna read them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah it's based on the book. I know too that the author is a pretty hardcore Mormon, so we'll see does any of that impact on the movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Finished last night at 8. Pity the exam didn't go as well as I had hoped. It will be a borderline pass/fail. Nothing I can do now anyway so I will toss it into a quiet corner in the back of my mind along with those memories of thatgirl I thought was hot until I realised she had an outty!

Went to the Porterhouse last night, drank Fruli and had the funniest and most fun night ever! My face hurt from laughing so much! The characters that were there; you could not make it up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Yeah it's based on the book. I know too that the author is a pretty hardcore Mormon, so we'll see does any of that impact on the movie!
    http://www.cracked.com/article_16878_if-twilight-was-10-times-shorter-100-times-more-honest.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I hit it two days before my last exam, not clever.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

dyl10 wrote: »
    I hit it two days before my last exam, not clever.... :(

Reminds me of my leaving cert year when I decided that I had to give up my PS2 and Champo for the year if i was going to get law and then in the two weeks break before the test decided to settle for Arts and gorged on Champo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I just checked out 20 books from the library. And if you take a short loan today it isnt due back until the 12th jan ! ! NERDS UNITE. Happy Multicultural Winter Season my friends

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

^I was curious about that actually, if you take out books over Christmas,are you liable for huge fines when you get back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Happy happy happy days :)

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!

Last exam was a load of [shane from boyzone]F*CKIN' SHOITE[/shane from boyzone].....

Seriously, it was just retarded to the max. I spent the first 15 minutes jotting down notes to include in an angry email to my lecturer/the head of dept as soon as I got home. Must have done myself damage with all the teeth-knashing I did. I'm still a bit angry, but what can you do........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

finished today at 2pm and i have never felt better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭K-Bowie

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Went to the Porterhouse last night, drank Fruli and had the funniest and most fun night ever! My face hurt from laughing so much! The characters that were there; you could not make it up!

Fruli is actually amazing haha Porterhouse for the win!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm getting it for Chrimbo too! Gone will be the stress of politics exams and in its place the stress of winning the Champions League with United!

I'm pretty much finished with college stuff after tonight except I have to return books on Saturday. Then I'm done for 2008 though which will be brill.

I'm going to try and get some sleep tonight as I'm wrecked, then perhaps head out for a drink tomorrow night. So good to have studying out of the way.

Anyone know when we should all generally expect to get our exam results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone know when we should all generally expect to get our exam results?

Think the official ones will be out like 1st Monday in February, but preliminary ones will be a week or two ahead of that.

Advertisement